PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested: MKII Carbon Fibre Dash - group buy?

Scarab
14-02-11, 08:41 PM
Hi Guys,

Some of you may have seen this on another site. Before Christmas I had a friend of mine take a mould from my MKII dash trim and re-make it in Carbon Fibre.

The following bits were done:

Central Trim - ATC Climate Control layout
Gear Surround
Passenger side trim strip

Sadly, due to some domestic.....issues, the prototype and mould was "accidentally" destroyed.
I'm having another done soon, and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting together and having a sort of group buy?

I wouldn't want to make any profit from it, I'm just doing it to get rid of that horrible cheap plastic silver look on the dash.
It would be 100% plug and play. Exactly the same as the original in every way apart from the construction material, same thickness etc.
Its going to be full carbon fibre as opposed to fibreglass filled (which is sadly all to common)

I will also get a non ATC climate control version done if someone is able to lend me a spare dash trim set to get the moulds done from?

They are all being done by a professional carbon fibre wizard, not just some bloke in his garage (even if they do produce some of the best stuff!)

Hopefully if we get some interest it could be a nice little modification.

Alex

Ritchy
14-02-11, 09:37 PM
sounds brilliant! i just can't justify spending money on that at the moment as needing to get other things done:(

maybe a rough price will help? imagine a few people will be interested

Scarab
15-02-11, 06:27 AM
Sorry, I entirely forgot to add that! what a plonker.

Rough price I was given off the first mould was ?95ish for just the centre console, or ?125 for the Console, Gear Surround and Passenger side trim strip.
Which I think is pretty reasonable actually, I was pleasantly surprised.

Alex

fastmike
15-02-11, 06:56 AM
This is a fantastic idea.....Top marks sir :punk: