PDA

View Full Version : 2004 MG ZS 180 mk2 LOW MILES, BELTS DONE

daveronimo
15-02-11, 10:46 AM
Now offered for sale is my MG ZS 180 in ignition blue. This car has been totally reliable for me and has had no expense spared just to keep it that way. The cabin is well appointed with very comfortable seats and climate control. It is also low mileage at 60,000. Autocar rated this model very highly at launch.

In the last few months it has had the cam belt change which is a full days work, during which they change three belts and the water pump. It also had a full fluid change (oil/water) at this point. Most of the quotes I got done for this were the best part of ?900, so it is well worth checking if any MG v6 has had this work done if it is at 60,000 miles or 6 years old.
Update 29/03/11 - Just had all 4 wheels refurbed and 3 new yokohama tyres.

Following this it has had all the brake disks and pads changed.

The car is standard apart from a pipercross induction kit (original airbox will be included) and a stainless steel exhaust as shown in the pictures. This is a cheaper and better option than the standard one as it doesn't corrode. It also has a Sony Bluetooth stereo in it for handsfree calling and music streaming.

The car has recently been detailed inside and out, so is looking absolutely brilliant. It does have some age related small imperfections and stone chips but these are all in line with the age of the car.

This is an MG which has had all the right money spent on it in the last couple of months to provide many more trouble free years of motoring. It is taxed until June 2011 and has MOT until October 2011.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to ask. I am interested in all potential swaps or part exchanges so please just contact me with the details and I'll let you know. I'm particularly interested in diesel 4x4 lpg cars for the commute that I now have to do but would look at anything interesting.

Price - ?3,125.00

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm177/daveronimo/DSC01383.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm177/daveronimo/DSC01384.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm177/daveronimo/DSC01385.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm177/daveronimo/DSC01386.jpg

KevG
15-02-11, 12:36 PM
Cambelt gets changed at 90,000 miles / 6 years not 60,000 miles / 6 Years.

peterzs
15-02-11, 02:08 PM
Great looking car and spec, cheap deal with all the belts done.

Best of luck with the sale.

daveronimo
07-03-11, 10:18 PM
any interest on here?

Alan.F
08-03-11, 07:42 AM
I know it should be worth what your asking but tbh you wont shift it at that its about ?1200 over priced

KevG
08-03-11, 07:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MG-ZS-180-2-5-V6-LOW-MILES-CAMBELT-DONE-/260739861483?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cb54e8beb

for ?3,125!

daveronimo
09-03-11, 06:00 PM
Having at the market I thought it was fairly priced but I'm very open to offers and PX's/swaps

Ritchy
09-03-11, 06:07 PM
looking much better now the missing spats fitted:) try sticking it on Ebay, i think yo should be able to get 3k with the right buyer

also may want to add where you are based to get a little more interest in the right area:)

daveronimo
13-03-11, 04:29 PM
price adjusted, I will of course do a better deal for anyone buying on here.

daveronimo
29-03-11, 07:53 PM
Just had all the wheels refurbed an 3 new Yokohama tyres, the car's ready to go. Anyone?

Bobdope2002
29-03-11, 08:02 PM
Way Overpriced Still

sorry it wont sell quick at that price

bob

daveronimo
31-03-11, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the helpful comment.

starfire039
01-04-11, 12:38 AM
If you have the history to back up the belts being done, and regular servicing, along with the car being in excellent condition as it looks and sounds, you should be alright with a price of ?3k. "What car" values it at ?2600- if you take into account the work it's had done to it, especially that killer cam belt change, I think ?3000 is a fair price for you and a buyer.

When we take other people's word for the market and allow our cars to sell for far below what they are worth, we are part of the problem we bitch about. Not being naive, I'm fully aware that now is a bad time to sell for ZS owners. However, everyone on this forum knows how good these cars are, and those "ZS virgin" buyers who do their homework will know this. They will buy the cars for a stupid price if you sell it to them for one.

This car from a book is worth ?2600, but that figure should be adjusted obviously- a car with dings and dents, belts never changed, kerbed wheels, poor tyre tread, poor service history etc can make a big difference to the cars real value.

So advertise the car and see what interest you get. It may take time to find that buyer, but they will come if the car is what you say it is. There are people, such as myself, that pay more for clean examples, and even though it's tiny, there is still a market for ZS's.

fastmike
01-04-11, 06:32 AM
when I was looking for a ZS180 a few weeks ago I was offered a MK2 saloon in Firefrost red 46,000 miles for ?2695...... at a dealers.... and this is a dealer that knows exactly what they are , loves them and drives one himself..... only problem was.... the belts needed doing ( on age , it was a 2004 ) and he wouldnt have them done in that price....
I think that makes yours good value at ?3150...... its just finding a buyer that doesnt mind the high insurance costs and the crazy fuel prices in this unstable job market

Maxfly
01-04-11, 08:44 AM
Way Overpriced Still

sorry it wont sell quick at that price

bob

At ?625 more than what you asked for yours, I really cannot see where your mind dug up the thought it is way overpriced still?!?!

archermav
01-04-11, 08:51 AM
Surely price is more dependant on how quickly you want to sell something? Keenly priced cars seem to shift on quite well, this one I feel is at the top end of the price range. I haven't seen it so cannot comment on its condition, but if the seller isn't in a rush to sell, then he can ask whatever he wants for it. I dislike selling cars so usually let em go on the cheaper end, just to shift em on. For the sake of a few quid, I can't be bothered with the hassle.
IMHO, and only my opinion, to shift this car on, I reckon ?2500 is about its money. However, its not my car, so he can ask whatever he wants for it, and good luck to him.
He may get the asking price, just will take a little longer.

peterzs
01-04-11, 10:19 AM
Its the old story, "you get what you pay for", any one that's done their homework will know its ?600 to ?900, for a belt change.

Plus the overall condition of the car, bangs, dents, tyres all make a lot of difference. I would pay a lot more for a decent, tidy, up together sample, over ones that's had a hard life.

The advert will sell the car, plenty of photos and a history of the service, well worth waiting for the right buyer.

:wave:

Dave MGT
01-04-11, 10:22 PM
Nice 180!! Should shift that easy enough.

Its not way overpriced. Not very nice when people try and tell you what your cars worth on a forsale thread :rant:...oh well, Good luck with the sale.

Ritchy
02-04-11, 12:32 AM
been well looked after and had a fair whack of work done recently so no reason it shouldnt sell to the right buyer

Bobdope2002
02-04-11, 10:05 AM
At ?625 more than what you asked for yours, I really cannot see where your mind dug up the thought it is way overpriced still?!?!

well he still has it so doesnt that say something>???

I only got any interest in mine when i lowered it to stupid money

everybody just sees these cars as Rovers

Anyways just my oppinion

Bob

Bobdope2002
02-04-11, 10:06 AM
wfv

daveronimo
02-04-11, 11:33 AM
Thanks for sharing your opinion Bobdope. It's been very helpful on a for sale thread.

Bobdope2002
02-04-11, 11:34 AM
Thanks for sharing your opinion Bobdope. It's been very helpful on a for sale thread.

its ok

glad to be of help

:D

leezs110
02-04-11, 11:52 AM
Good luck with the sale mate! ;)

My 2p`s worth for what its worth, looks like a cracking motor in the best colour available & much money spent on it including the belts, anyone looking for a 180 should grab this, i think the price seems fair myself! :)

& to the negative posts in this thread its really not helpfull to the gentleman trying to sell his car.

Zs Jon
02-04-11, 03:13 PM
I wish you were closer to me as I absolutely bite ur arm off for it at this price!!

It's exactly what I am looking for!

fastmike
02-04-11, 03:47 PM
I wish you were closer to me as I absolutely bite ur arm off for it at this price!!

dont forget ......the...... train

Dan1971
02-04-11, 06:09 PM

Never too far for a good car pal ..... talk to each other ..... there's a deal to be done I'm sure .....

Zs Jon
02-04-11, 06:14 PM
Never too far for a good car pal ..... talk to each other ..... there's a deal to be done I'm sure .....

PM has been sent :thumbsup:

Dan1971
02-04-11, 07:34 PM
Fingers crossed for both of you then ....:thumbsup:

archermav
02-04-11, 07:42 PM

Almost like cupid:thumbsup::love:

Maxfly
02-04-11, 07:51 PM
well he still has it so doesnt that say something>???

I only got any interest in mine when i lowered it to stupid money

everybody just sees these cars as Rovers

Anyways just my oppinion

Bob
nope, price is relevant but also a buyer is a tad more important no? no buyer, then it doesn't matter what price it is advertised at it won't sell. If you were daft/desperate enough to lower to a stupid price who's fault is that?

Zs Jon
03-04-11, 12:33 PM
Almost like cupid:thumbsup::love:

:thankyou:

Bobdope2002
03-04-11, 01:47 PM
sorry for the posts in here yesterday id had a bad day at work and was in a reet mood mods please remove my posts

it seems to me theyre is no market for these cars anymore as nobody seems to be able shift them for what theyre worth just stupid prices

Craig
03-04-11, 01:50 PM
sorry for the posts in here yesterday id had a bad day at work and was in a reet mood mods please remove my posts

it seems to me theyre is no market for these cars anymore as nobody seems to be able shift them for what theyre worth just stupid prices

It would be easier if you didnt have a bitchfit when you gave had a bad day mate :) Btw thought you were leaving the forum ? :D

Bobdope2002
03-04-11, 01:58 PM
I did i went for a **** then came back

ThumpJunkie
03-04-11, 02:10 PM
Ignore "Bob" and his drivel mate, he's just raging that he looks like Shrek and Wayne Rooney's lovechild. Good luck with the sale :)

Anyways just my oppinion
As with your other posts it should be immediately discredited as valid.

Btw thought you were leaving the forum ? :D
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/ThumpJunkie/Batman_Jokerleaving.jpg

Bobdope2002
03-04-11, 02:12 PM
Ignore "Bob" and his drivel mate, he's just raging that he looks like Shrek and Wayne Rooney's lovechild. Good luck with the sale :)

As with your other posts it should be immediately discredited as valid.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/ThumpJunkie/Batman_Jokerleaving.jpg

Love you too TJ:kissing2::kissing2::kissing2:

daveronimo
11-04-11, 02:49 PM
Car now sold. Am now driving a Skoda Fabia VRS with 170bhp and 250 lb/ft torque. Pretty fast little pocket rocket and handles surprisingly well after the MG.

Dan1971
11-04-11, 03:28 PM
Car now sold. Am now driving a Skoda Fabia VRS with 170bhp and 250 lb/ft torque. Pretty fast little pocket rocket and handles surprisingly well after the MG.

Good for you ... was just a matter of time - car looked great and was well presented.

Really like the new VRS ..... Stick around mate and get some impressions posted up.

stamford
12-04-11, 12:37 PM
Not a bad car from what I hear, light and with scope for a few more ponies.

Ritchy
12-04-11, 05:04 PM
glad it sold, hope you got what you wanted for it