PDA

View Full Version : ZS 180 MK2 Please...Cheap.

AdDaMan
19-02-11, 07:58 PM
Hi people, after a really cheap mk2 180 :)
Preferably a saloon. I know its a long shot but some people sell them cheap.
?2000 or less preferably.

Just done a 350mile round trip for one i won on ebay for 2k only for it to be a total **** heap.
Why do ebay sellers always lie?!

fastmike
19-02-11, 09:26 PM
was it a yellow MK2 by any chance?

Craig
19-02-11, 09:30 PM
Might be worth posting the link, so no one else gets shafted by the seller mate.

AdDaMan
19-02-11, 11:14 PM
Yer I was Gona do that mate.
It was this one: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2520204.htm

deano ZS180
20-02-11, 06:55 AM

Just done a 350mile round trip for one i won on ebay for 2k only for it to be a total **** heap.

Looks tidy in the pictures, what's wrong with it?

idge2003
20-02-11, 07:42 AM
That sold on Ebay yesterday for 2k was watching and did have a little think about it! May of been a lucky one by the sounds of it!

Brett

big_wasa
20-02-11, 07:50 AM
I also watched it on ebay. it did look nice in the pics and I was tempted by the lpg.

Dan1971
20-02-11, 09:20 AM

Am I the only one thinking - "So you're one of those guys that buys a car on ebay then doesn't follow through " -

No sympathy from me. You should have done your viewing/checks before you won it, then followed through with the purchase, then come on here with any faults or issues.

AdDaMan
20-02-11, 09:58 AM
LOL, no mate. Thats not how it works.
If its too far away to view then that is rather hard.
Instead i rang the seller who i ask a **** load of questions to, as you do.
He assures me the only body damage is a dink on the rear door the size of a 5p piece.
Fair enough. 3.5hours later and ?30 fuel down i arrive there to find a complete **** heap.
Where shall i start...Rear bumper paint flaking off and small crease in 2 places, rear arch and wing has been hit and a 1foot scuff aswell as loose arch, rear door has dinks and paint missing right down to the primer, front arch and wing doesnt even meet properly nor does the skirt, front bumper messed up all over, trim missing front it, fog light hanging off, bonnet and wing creased up in one corner, bonnet didnt shut,i could get my hand in the bay without it being open! One headlight new the other faded. Metal creased where the bonnet meets the pillar to roof. Petrol cap didnt fit flush to body and rear passenger arch stuck in with body filler very badly. And that was all i could see of it because of how it was parked.

Now Dan1971 you would have parted with your hard earned for that yer??
No, didnt think so.

SticklesMickles
21-02-11, 05:05 AM
I was also watching that car, but i had seen that the seller has re listed it a few times after the price was not getting high enough, he has apparently also had his mates bumping the price up according to another forum.

Hence i never even bothered with it as i knew it was a pig.

fastmike
21-02-11, 05:12 AM
I thought the "Cat C " was a clue.....Yes I know it could have been "light" damage....But I personally wouldnt touch a Cat anything with a barge pole..... no matter what anyone says ... it is and will ALWAYS be a Cat something..... hense worthless in my book sir.

AdDaMan
21-02-11, 10:06 AM
I thought the "Cat C " was a clue.....Yes I know it could have been "light" damage....But I personally wouldnt touch a Cat anything with a barge pole..... no matter what anyone says ... it is and will ALWAYS be a Cat something..... hense worthless in my book sir.

Well thats your opinion, ive had owned 1 or 2 before and they have been absolutely undetectable.
This said cat damage repaired, not damage bodged.

Alan.F
21-02-11, 12:25 PM
My last 2 cars have been Cat C and currently have a CAT D 75 tourer its a great car only done 65k when i bought it for ?800 in its damaged state

SticklesMickles
22-02-11, 06:22 PM
My current one is Cat C

To be honest it was crashed back in 2006 a long time before i got my hands on it.

I dont think the repair was done very well, i had to rehang the doors, adjust the front wing and mess about with the bonnet/headlamp and front bumper fit.

Its still not 100% but nobody has ever detected the minor flaws with it, compared with when i got it and the knobbers had used fecking WASHERS on the rear door hinge to help line it up with the front door.

I replaced the bodged front door and it no longer lined up with the rear one :/
Removed the washers on the rear door and it lined back up with the new front one :/

Anyway, all washers removed and the doors now sit properly lol