PDA

View Full Version : Buying and installing a mono-wiper

driley90
20-02-11, 04:17 PM
Okay guys and gals - every week that passes something new comes onto my ZS and now I think i want a "mono-wiper" or the "single wiper conversion" and obviously with having a ZS I can't find zip for it but the nearest car I have found it for is a Rover 400 and I want to know IF I buy it for this car will it fit mine OR better still has anyone actually found a place that does it for the ZS but also as my preferred positioning to the blade what I'm looking for is the wiper blade to be slightly up over the passenger side window of about 30 degrees rather than in the middle of the screen - please HELP!!!

O.K. I've had some feedback, some saying it will fit and someone saying it was miles off but has anyone actually fitted one of storm's fitments and has gone on with no problems and cleared rain from drivers side of screen??

talkingcars
20-02-11, 04:22 PM
The R400 should be the same, or you could look for a civic kit.

If you want it to sit low on the screen just fit it there when you fit the kit, make sure it clears the other side by moving the arm that runs from the motor before you connect it to the motor.

KevG
20-02-11, 05:50 PM
Rover 200, 400 & MGZR
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-200-400-MG-ZR-Brand-New-Storm-Single-Wiper-Kit-/390288536255?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5adf0272bf

This kit does fit the Rover 45/MG ZS as I did enquire about it some years ago, and I was assured that the kit does fit, this info came from the owner of Stormwipers (Washtech) Nick Sanders.

Maxxed_Ross
25-02-11, 03:14 AM
I bought the Rover 400 Storm single wiper kit for the touring car and it was miles off. The arms were too long, the wiper didn't fit the spindle and the blanking grommet for the other wiper was totally the wrong size