However I don't know exactly what are they for

What I'v got are:

1.BMC CDA INDUCTION KIT,

2.Blue Flame CAT-BACK TWIN EXIST EXHAUST SYSTEM,

What on the to-do list are: Be More Realistic Now

1. Decat or janspeed sports cat

2. may go for a janspeed exhaust manifolds and Y piece

3. lightened flywheel

4. Remap (any suggestion about where to do a remapping?)

---any one heard about PDTuning

remapping figure as shown on the website --- http://pdtuning.co.uk/ecuRemapping/mG.asp,

2.5 ,174 BHP, ?399, Power increases 15 BHP, Torque Increase 26 NM.

Could anyone plz give me an idea about the cost to carry out the mods on the list and what's the result will I get from doing so?

Cheers

Kai

ZS
23-02-11, 07:10 AM
I'd say if you don't know what something is then don't get \ install it...

A lightened flywheel is just that, its a lighter flywheel than is on your car already! IIRC it makes the Revving quicker as the engine doesn't need to spin up the heavier wheel...

Piper Performance Cams... You cannot use the 4pot K Series ones, you have to get specific KV6 ones...

Both mods can be farily expensive to fit (let alone buy!)

Oh and when you do the flywheel its worth getting a new clutch fitted... and steel cage the gearbox if not done already... and grease up the clutch release actuator...

What are you trying to acheive with this engine?? That might help people offer advice on what mods are best...

Jay-ZS+
23-02-11, 07:23 AM
Should have bought mine if you wanted all those mods, as then you'd only need the manifolds ;) Yours is a stunning car but you need deep pockets for that list!!

The cams are kv6 ones, the 270 refers to the lift of them as you can also
Get 285 ones but require standalone management.

Flywheel available from a guy on xpf,

Expect to pay ALOT to have cams and flywheel fitted!!

stamford
23-02-11, 07:28 AM
Have you won the lottery?

Jay-ZS+
23-02-11, 07:30 AM
Also don't forget it will effect your insurance if you start modding the engine!! A cost to bear in mind.

stamford
23-02-11, 07:32 AM
Also don't forget it will effect your insurance if you start modding the engine!! A cost to bear in mind.

What's that?

ZS
23-02-11, 07:34 AM
What's that?

Thats that certificate thing that his mate who works in insurance has printed off for him... You know like that Driving License thing?

stamford
23-02-11, 07:36 AM
Thats that certificate thing that his mate who works in insurance has printed off for him... You know like that Driving License thing?

And what's that?

ZS
23-02-11, 07:40 AM
And what's that?

I got mine for ?15 from that guy who hangs around behind the chippy in town... I'm sure he can do you a good deal if you need one?

On a side note though... IIRC he is chinese.. and that is where all the money is at the moment (China)...

lawrence-zs180
23-02-11, 07:44 AM
As said kai do some reading first and make sure you know what your getting into the nxt step of modding on the kv6 is bloody expensive here is a quick run down from the prices I have... pre 20% vat.
I'm assuming you won't be doing the work so I will add the prices I got for that to.
Piper cam kit.. ?940
But with that comes a belt change and its best not to be tight and not get anything other than the belts so inc cam fitting ?780

Poss stand alone ecu to get the best out of it so... ?600+ I never got that far but ones for K4 tuning start at that so that's what I'm using as a guide.

Flywheel.... eks on xpf do them for ?240 posted iirc
At the same time its best to...
quaife or type b the diff...?400-500
steel cage bearings ? 40-100
Then fitting ?300

Stainless manis from janspeed.. ?570
Fitting inc gaskets ?120

Sports cat ?200...I think can't quite remember
Gaskets and fitting ?50

Mapping from reidy ?200+ but it will prob need several sessions so count on ?300- well whatever it takes to get her spot on.

Just remember these are my prices and there over 6 months old and don't inc the vat hike so think real carefull before you plough 3-4k into this.... it will be epic when its done and be about 230-240 bhp.. well that's what car13 has on his on xpf.
hope this helps.

stamford
23-02-11, 07:54 AM
I think the vernier pulleys are becoming hard to obtain and that may stop cams being done.

I reckon 220 was the max for most mods like this, anything over is down to pot luck in having a superb standard engine, the rest being expensive mods and those moving away from the known territory.

On a more serious note kkman, before jumping in have you actually thought about the insurance premiums for all of this? I know there has been some things written in previous posts that has questioned this. I for one am unsure as to your current standing with regards licence and insurance due to previous issues posted on here.

ZS
23-02-11, 07:55 AM
On a serious note...

I know a few people who have highly tuned engines... one or two of them have rough idling.. becasue the engine is tuned that much (more for race\rally than road use though)

If I were you Kai, I'd stop and think, what do I want from this engine? if its out and out performance, then I would sell the 180 and pick up an EVO or something... If your intent on keeping the 180 and you want huge performance for minimal outgoings then sell the KV6 engine and stick a T Series turbo (easier and cheaper to modify) into it... or an Audi twin turbo lump.

Unless you are willing to uprate internals in the KV6 I don't think it will go higher than about 230 ish reliably... Although you could allways speak to QED who at one time were running a KV6 at 300 odd brake...

ZS
23-02-11, 08:00 AM
I was seriously tempted by this car... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250772699431

Put the engine into a ZS... then a few more mods and possibly 300bhp ish - according to the advert... never followed that much on the VVC tuning though :)

Then sell the shell and bits n peices to recoop some of the money spent...

Jay-ZS+
23-02-11, 08:00 AM
Yer was going to say more likely to be 210-220 with all those mods, the kv6 is not an engine to chase numbers with!!

talkingcars
23-02-11, 12:14 PM
You've not had the car a week, if you are already needing more power I suggest you sell it on and buy a more powerful car, that car is nice as it is!

ZS
23-02-11, 12:28 PM
You've not had the car a week, if you are already needing more power I suggest you sell it on and buy a more powerful car, that car is nice as it is!

Where is the "Like" button when you need it... lol

I recon he's heard some "buzz" words and wants them on his car :p (Bit like my manager at work... ohhh whats this thing called a "cloud" lets get in on it as its the "big thing" at the moment!)

Dan1971
23-02-11, 12:40 PM
The guy's only asked for help to explain what he has read on various forums and opinions on whether they are going to be worthwhile ....

Bottom line is that if money is no object and you want the most powerful V6 ZS180 on the forums - they are all mods that others have - and if installed by professionals and then finished off with a remap - you will have one of, if not the most powerful ZSs on the forums with a very rare paint job too.

You do not have a slow car - but the trouble is that when using forums like this and XPF you hear about what people have done and if there's some cash in the bank, you think about doing them too.

If you've got so much money mate - good for you as the mods are very, very expensive and you won't get even a quarter of your money back when you come to sell. In fact it may put off a lot of potential buyers.

My advice - make sure that you are legally on the road - keep the money in the bank for a while - enjoy driving your car - and then after a few months, if you feel the need for more power - rather than spending ?2000-3000, move on to a Subaru or Evo.

kkman
25-02-11, 04:01 AM
What I'v got are:

1.BMC CDA INDUCTION KIT,

3. Remap (any suggestion about where to do a remapping?)

---any one heard about PDTuning

remapping figure as shown on the website --- http://pdtuning.co.uk/ecuRemapping/mG.asp,

2.5 ,174 BHP, ?399, Power increases 15 BHP, Torque Increase 26 NM.

ZS
25-02-11, 07:03 AM
Personally I went for a Sports Car over the decat, IIRC you need the Sports cat coupled with the manifolds anyway in order to pass MOT's

Not had my car remap'ed and not heard of PDTuning, but sounds like good gains...

I think a remap should be the last thing you do, as it *should* compliment your other mods and allow them to work to their full potential.

Where does your CDA's Cold Air Intake route to? does it route into the wing?

Jay-ZS+
25-02-11, 07:46 AM
Personally I went for a Sports Car over the decat, IIRC you need the Sports cat coupled with the manifolds anyway in order to pass MOT's

Not had my car remap'ed and not heard of PDTuning, but sounds like good gains...

I think a remap should be the last thing you do, as it *should* compliment your other mods and allow them to work to their full potential.

Thats a much more realistic list, the 180 responds well to breather mods.

You wont get 15bhp from a remap alone, no chance. But with all those mods you will be within 195-200bhp. The remap will only make sure you are getting the best from the other mods. Its getting over the 200 mark when it gets really expensive.

Dan1971
25-02-11, 08:07 AM
Those exhausts that Danny put on are expensive. I'd be checking what they have actually done anyway. You may find that it has some sort of sports cat already.

Huffy
25-02-11, 08:30 AM
hey KKman, PDTuning are fine, dave is a good chap and willing to put in the effort for his customers...... I'd be more than happy to pop over there with you if you want.... just prommis not to bu upset if my derv gets higher figures! lol

with regaurds to your other mods, i fit a sports cat back, the other mods would probs be a little expensive for the gain at the mo. wait untill you need a new clutch befor fitting the flywheel, if you speek to kestrel engeneering they will make a lightend flywhell as part of a kevlar clucth kit, probs ?400/500 you'd then be able to fit barings as part of one job.

Danny Coleman
25-02-11, 12:56 PM
Those exhausts that Danny put on are expensive. I'd be checking what they have actually done anyway. You may find that it has some sort of sports cat already.

Yes they were expensive, and it was just the cat back s/s system. Young Kai is on his way to collect the car now, he is young and said the insurance is not a problem. I say let him have his fun with it. He did say he has to go back to China in December and offered to sell it back to me, don't think so with the mods hes thinking about. it's got enough power as it is I think, it's a car to drive and enjoy, hope he has got deep pockets with the fuel prices going up again.

Bobdope2002
25-02-11, 04:02 PM
Yes they were expensive, and it was just the cat back s/s system. Young Kai is on his way to collect the car now, he is young and said the insurance is not a problem. I say let him have his fun with it. He did say he has to go back to China in December and offered to sell it back to me, don't think so with the mods hes thinking about. it's got enough power as it is I think, it's a car to drive and enjoy, hope he has got deep pockets with the fuel prices going up again.

leave him to it i say

Hope you got what you wanted for it

Insurance PFFFT who needs insurance

talkingcars
25-02-11, 05:12 PM
.........What I'v got are:

1.BMC CDA INDUCTION KIT,

3. Remap (any suggestion about where to do a remapping?)..................

If you want to improve on what you have either get a decat (about ?100) or Janspeed manifolds (over ?500).

Do not do both if you wish to remain legal.

Then get a remap to pull the mods togeather.

However, as I've already said, enjoy the car a bit before you do anything, as it stands the car will be quick.

kkman
25-02-11, 11:49 PM

Need save money for a sports cat, and no idea about where to route the CAI....just got the car today gonna fit the 85-150 BMC-CDA induction kit this weekend if can figure out how, don't think it's difficult though :) read lots of threads here,anyway...suggestions please, will be appreciated :smart:

kkman
25-02-11, 11:51 PM
If you want to improve on what you have either get a decat (about ?100) or Janspeed manifolds (over ?500).

Do not do both if you wish to remain legal.

Then get a remap to pull the mods togeather.

However, as I've already said, enjoy the car a bit before you do anything, as it stands the car will be quick.

think that's right, enjoy it for a while, make some changes if feel not enough.......:smart:

kkman
25-02-11, 11:56 PM

think it's just a cat-back system, sport cat isn't included

kkman
26-02-11, 12:19 AM
one of the HID headlights or LED front side light bulbs doesn't work after 3 hours driving back from Danny's place? the smaller one, the LED side light bulb?

think it's a simple replacement, isn't ? is it available in Halfords. will try to get it fixed tmra

kkman
26-02-11, 12:58 AM
hey KKman, PDTuning are fine, dave is a good chap and willing to put in the effort for his customers...... I'd be more than happy to pop over there with you if you want.... just prommis not to bu upset if my derv gets higher figures! lol

with regaurds to your other mods, i fit a sports cat back, the other mods would probs be a little expensive for the gain at the mo. wait untill you need a new clutch befor fitting the flywheel, if you speek to kestrel engeneering they will make a lightend flywhell as part of a kevlar clucth kit, probs ?400/500 you'd then be able to fit barings as part of one job.

May be can meet someday to talk about this if you want, just got Danny's car today , so need to fit the BMC-CDA induction kit..:smart:

Jay-ZS+
26-02-11, 07:07 AM
Led will cost 50p and a 2minute fix!

Believe it's a 501 fitment.

kkman
11-03-11, 09:22 PM
BMC-CDA was finally fitted today.

Janspeed decat pipe also fitted, exhaust sounds better :)

will post some pics when I'm free

now need to save money for Lightened flywheel

Cheers

Kai

big_wasa
12-03-11, 07:07 PM
Did you get a sheddist kit ?

kkman
12-03-11, 08:27 PM
Did you get a sheddist kit ?

not yet, send message to sheddist, no response

big_wasa
12-03-11, 08:45 PM
I thought that but he had sent an email that was lurking in my inbox instead. Hope to get mine fitted in the mornning along with my R45 headlights.

kkman
12-03-11, 10:36 PM
I thought that but he had sent an email that was lurking in my inbox instead. Hope to get mine fitted in the mornning along with my R45 headlights.

Will u fit by u self

big_wasa
13-03-11, 07:22 AM
Yeh I will let you know how it goes.

kkman
13-03-11, 10:55 AM
sent him a message again, fingercross he will notice it

lewerty
13-03-11, 11:27 AM
sent him a message again, fingercross he will notice it

he is prob very busy making them they are very popular

big_wasa
13-03-11, 07:03 PM
Kai ,fitted and well worth doing. Its not a beginers job. Not hard but not a lot of space. Routing the hard line needs a fair bit of care and patiance.