kkman
26-02-11, 03:39 AM
sheddist kit for my MK2 180, JUST KNOW IT IS A POPULAR MOD FOR ZS 180

WHAT'S THIS KIT FOR?

CHEERS

KAI

Maxxed_Ross
26-02-11, 03:55 AM
you don't really need it unless your clutch slave cylinder fails.

If it does fail then people fit a sheddist kit as it's a bit chunkier and will probably last longer than the original part

kkman
26-02-11, 04:02 AM

If it does fail then people fit a sheddist kit as it's a bit chunkier and will probably last longer than the original part

how to judge whether it is failed or not...

cheers

kai

petet16
26-02-11, 04:53 AM
Priceless:slap:

ramdonice
26-02-11, 06:32 AM
Priceless:slap:

lol

you will know when its failed, you have no clutch pedal

big_wasa
26-02-11, 08:21 AM

You say that but last summer when it hit thirty I was finding it hard to get it in gear in traffic. You could feel the plastic expand. I want to get a metal setup before this year's summer. All two weeks of it....

Maxfly
26-02-11, 08:56 AM
I would say it is one of the first upgrades you should think about doing when you get a zs. Going back to the oe set-up on the green car and driving others who had the oe stuff felt nasty, sheddist kit makes the car so much better to drive :)

kkman
26-02-11, 04:23 PM
I would say it is one of the first upgrades you should think about doing when you get a zs. Going back to the oe set-up on the green car and driving others who had the oe stuff felt nasty, sheddist kit makes the car so much better to drive :)

That's what i think

Nor
26-02-11, 04:26 PM

What's the difference in it Max? Lighter, lower bite?

lawrence-zs180
26-02-11, 04:30 PM
Lower pedal.. better feel to it and not the constant worry about it failing on a monday morning rush our like mine did.

Nor
26-02-11, 04:35 PM
Lower pedal.. better feel to it and not the constant worry about it failing on a monday morning rush our like mine did.

Cool, cheers Lawrence.

lawrence-zs180
26-02-11, 04:36 PM
no worries... from what I have heard he is answering pm's on xpf now, not sure if prices have changed due to vat but i paid ?149 posted for mine.

big_wasa
26-02-11, 06:14 PM
Not mine and no longer on line :whistle:

lawrence-zs180
26-02-11, 06:48 PM
really... mmm bit worrying i know he is on .org

kkman
26-02-11, 06:55 PM
pm him last week , no response yet....

lawrence-zs180
26-02-11, 07:06 PM
it can take ages...

Maxfly
27-02-11, 07:55 AM
What's the difference in it Max? Lighter, lower bite?

Yip, that is it in a nutshell, feels a lot more positive..probably becasue you dinna have that crappy plastic flexing all over the joint. Always make sure your release arm is suitably lubed up too:)

Yep, sheddist can take a wee while to answer pm's as demand is pretty high for the kits I believe, a poilte reminder pm now and again is probably the best way to go about it but he is very busy afaia:)

haGGard
27-02-11, 12:59 PM
I have a sheddist kit in my cupboard, just sitting there waiting until my clutch goes again :P

I don't understand you kkman though, you say you want a sheddist kit, but you do not even know what it is or what it does? Just that its 'popular'? :wacko: Baffles me lol, but yes its a worthwhile upgrade

petet16
27-02-11, 01:08 PM
Puzzles me too, in the same way he wants sdi injectors, and a Kei force 10, and a ss catback duplex for a car that plainly already has one, a bit of research before posting maybe:smile1:

kkman
27-02-11, 01:21 PM
Puzzles me too, in the same way he wants sdi injectors, and a Kei force 10, and a ss catback duplex for a car that plainly already has one, a bit of research before posting maybe:smile1:

never said I want a ss catback duplex...that's already done by Danny, i just mention in another thread, listed the mods which has been done and haven'd been done. I

what's wrong if I want a Kei force 10 :fish: and in terms of sdi, I addmit I don't know what is it:shutup:...but I'd like to ask, don't care who will make fun of me.

as for the sheddist kit, I know that's for clutch, but I don't know the principle.

After driving the ZS, I feel the clutch pedal is too high, not that comfortable.

then I think, the sheddist kit may can solve the problem.

thanks mate, I'll do more research before posting.:beer:

ZS
27-02-11, 03:11 PM
After driving the ZS, I feel the clutch pedal is too high, not that comfortable.

then I think, the sheddist kit may can solve the problem.

thanks mate, I'll do more research before posting.:beer:

All ZS clutch pedals are high... but yes the Sheddist kit could bring them down to a reasonable level.

Do you have a mechanic friend to fit all this stuff? or are you doing it yourself?

Are you heavy with your right foot? if so you might need some new tyres soon :P lol

kkman
27-02-11, 03:20 PM
All ZS clutch pedals are high... but yes the Sheddist kit could bring them down to a reasonable level.

Do you have a mechanic friend to fit all this stuff? or are you doing it yourself?

Are you heavy with your right foot? if so you might need some new tyres soon :P lol

not so heavy, but sometimes yes...

kkman
27-02-11, 03:21 PM

will try fit by meself first....

ZS
27-02-11, 03:36 PM
will try fit by meself first....

Are you handy with a spanner then?

kkman
27-02-11, 10:27 PM
Are you handy with a spanner then?

got a tool kit from halford months ago :)

member's recommendation too

silver bullet
27-02-11, 10:46 PM
I tried chasing him about 8-10 months ago for a kit, i think it was 3 pm's later and no response. I understand he would get lots of requests but it cant be that hard to respond with a one line answer rather than ignore completely. Everyone else responds even if it does take them a while.

Leigh_EvoIX
27-02-11, 10:58 PM
I "applied" for a kit almost a year ago when I got my 180... later sent a reminder email and then gave up......

Shame really...

Maxxed_Ross
28-02-11, 01:37 AM
the same happened with me... I've ended up getting a standard one

ZS
28-02-11, 07:26 AM
I got my second kit from him about 2 month ago... Was impressed with how quickly he replied to me both times, never had an issue to be honest :)

I wonder how easy it would be to get the brakets made up... hmmm...

haGGard
28-02-11, 10:44 AM
When i applied i was ignored the first couple of times. I waited about 2 or 3 months. Then i started a thread asking how to get hold of him, and within a day i had a response and sheddist kit on route.

greenyzs180
28-02-11, 02:54 PM
i contacted one week and it was here the next,a worth while investment and worth every penny,although i did have some trouble fitting he was on the end of the fone to lend a hand,top bloke and kit.:box:

Jay-ZS+
28-02-11, 03:34 PM
Ive got one sat in a box at home that ive not got round to fitting yet. Its a quality bit of kit, how it should have been done originally!!

p_b82
28-02-11, 04:26 PM
the Ironic thing is that on the older 600's it was done that way* - cost saving measures at thier worst!

*I know as i have upgraded mine to the 600 setup!

big_wasa
04-03-11, 07:31 PM
yey just got an email and I should have one soon.