PDA

View Full Version : Smokey and the Bandit!

Smokey
19-10-07, 08:51 PM
Well BootHillBandit is continuing his long trek of Britain just now as he heads home from my place in Bonnie Scotland back down south!
Was a pleasure meeting him and he is a jolly good chap!
Hope he enjoys a safe journey home and am sure we will see all the pictures of his journey when he wakes up tomorrow!!
Also had the pleasure of meeting McRae too!!

Boot Hill Bandit
20-10-07, 04:38 AM
Well I arrived in Newcastle off the ferry at bang on 3pm on Friday......drove up to see Smokey (you are a top bloke! Thanks for the chinese :D and letting me rest a while it was much needed!)which took ages thanks to my poor map reading skills and heavy right foot everywhere :p got back home at 4am this morning in one piece safe and sound.........no speeding......just cruising along the M8 and down the M6 listening to Karen's CD she made for me and a bit of Radio 1 :D

Was great driving the ZS..........total mileage covered from outset back to home............1272 miles! :slap: but boy was it fun! :p

Cost of petrol I estimate at somewhere between £300 and £400 and no accident damage that I know of...... :innocent:

Although........I will need to get the tracking done and the car checked over because of my rally style jump over the speedbump outside Karens place and the failed handbrake turn in the shopping centre which meant I nudged the kerb a little hard :crazy:

It's all been good fun........McRae has seen and conquered Norway and no doubt will be going back there before Christmas to see his mistress :rofl:

I will post up some pictures in due course once Karen and I have decided which ones we are happy to show :)

I am happy to be back in the UK..........but I would rather have stayed with Karen and sold the ZS to fund it :yes: My folks are in the know about it all now as well and are happy for us both which is cool :D

Smitten Jim

stamford
20-10-07, 08:12 AM
The good thing is that you did it Jim, so many would have said they would go and not do it. A well deserved roadtrip :D

Glad to hear the ZS behaved itself for you.

ZS180V6
20-10-07, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear it all went well for you..

Quite a journey not just on the road.......

Boot Hill Bandit
20-10-07, 10:26 AM
The good thing is that you did it Jim, so many would have said they would go and not do it. A well deserved roadtrip :D

Glad to hear the ZS behaved itself for you.

I wanted to see Karen as soon as I started talking to her on MSN and I felt some love then :) I am very pleased I made the trip and I think we both had a lot of fun......we did a fair bit of walking too and as such I have lost quite a bit of weight which is good :D the views in Sandnes and Stavanger are fantastic......its something which the UK lacks a lot.

Ah dear I am lost for words on how to describe it really. I am looking forward to visiting again and exploring further around the area with my fantastic girlfriend :D

Smitten Jim

sduk
20-10-07, 12:51 PM
sounds good guys, its good to meet members that we talk to so much on here :D

looking forward to seeing the pics of the wheels!!! :D

mrt_04
20-10-07, 02:35 PM
Well done Jim, nice to have you back. Have a natter next Saturday mate :yes:

stamford
20-10-07, 02:58 PM
I'll echo that as well :thumbsup:

arwilson80
20-10-07, 09:44 PM
Good to have you back (for a few months at least). :)

This is the hard part now.... you'll be missing her like crazy and there's not a lot you can do about it until next time you get back. :( Phonecalls don't exactly help either. At the time it's great, but the next day is just a complete 'downer'.

Ah well, all in the name of love. ;)

RalphG
20-10-07, 09:51 PM
Jim's at my place at the moment...

arwilson80
20-10-07, 10:18 PM
Maybe he should make lots of long distance phone calls then... :)

Boot Hill Bandit
21-10-07, 07:36 AM
Thanks guys :D I look forward to seeing you all Saturday as well :) I can tell you all about my ZS' adventures and the amazing roads out there :D I think Ralph has had his ears bashed enough about my risky driving, the roads, the ferry, the mountains, what it is like out there etc.

It really is an amazing place out there......it reminds me a little of a 'perfect world'.

Another thing to note.........even the damn vans and 'daily runabouts' have nice alloy wheels out there!! I kid you not......aftermarket alloy wheels are the norm out there....or at worst.....OE alloys fitted...

It's so cool out there :D I want to back right now :D

I hate being away from Karen and yes it does hurt, but, at least there is Skype and we can talk there :) other than that there is this forum so she can keep an eye on me here :rofl: Nothing has really changed though.......I still love her a lot and we will meet again soon :)

Smitten Jim

stamford
21-10-07, 08:32 AM
That's right Jim, if it wasn't for these forums we would not be friends................it's good to share some experiences, good or bad. Here's looking to the future :beer: