PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my induction and rad

kkman
02-03-11, 04:19 PM
Hi guys

Here are the pics of my induction and radiator problem, feel so lucky with u guys help

I'm so grateful, lots of warm-hearted members here to answer a newbie's induction problem which is an easy job for most people here. Hope u guys still have patience.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb329/Kai_Chen/3.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb329/Kai_Chen/1.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb329/Kai_Chen/2.jpg

warm-hearted members, I'm lucky if I get some possible solutions from u?

As u know I'm a newbie, could u guys plz include detailed infotmation about accessories which shoud be bought to solve this problem?

one accessory I know is : a connector sleeve should be used to connect the black oe pipe and the silicon hose? and which one should I buy? will this cause a more serious space problem even if I'd trim the blue silicon hose?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Another question:

which part it the cat? blue or red? I think it is the red part?
I'm gona order a janspeed decat, then is it just a screw off and screw on job?

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb329/Kai_Chen/4.jpg

many thanks in advance

Cheers

Kai

ZS
02-03-11, 04:24 PM
Kai.

If you look at the picture I posted in the previous thread you will see that my blue pipe is much shorter, this is because I trimmed it with a SHARP stanley knife before I fitted it... the filter and hose should NOT touch the radiator at all.

The Red part is the cat... and yes bolt on and off with new part.

I'm tempted to merge all your threads into one as they are all on the same thing!

kkman
02-03-11, 04:28 PM
Kai.

If you look at the picture I posted in the previous thread you will see that my blue pipe is much shorter, this is because I trimmed it with a SHARP stanley knife before I fitted it... the filter and hose should NOT touch the radiator at all.

The Red part is the cat... and yes bolt on and off with new part.

I'm tempted to merge all your threads into one as they are all on the same thing!

lol...cheers ZS, always can get suggestion from u. I posted it twice as I can't fully understand the reply from the first thread...sorry...

Bobdope2002
02-03-11, 04:31 PM
:slap:

And you actually drove it like this Kai and thought it was right Come on Your at Uni your not thick use your brain

As sam says lesson learned but all you need to do is remove about 2 cms of the blue hose so that it sits further back in the engine bay

The ZS180 mk1 and mk2 are the same car execpt the Mk2 has a bodykit on theyre are no differences IIRC the engine bays are identical

in response to the second question the whole thing is the catalytic convertor the janspeed cat will replace the whole lot

bob

kkman
02-03-11, 04:39 PM
:slap:

And you actually drove it like this Kai and thought it was right Come on Your at Uni your not thick use your brain

As sam says lesson learned but all you need to do is remove about 2 cms of the blue hose so that it sits further back in the engine bay

The ZS180 mk1 and mk2 are the same car execpt the Mk2 has a bodykit on theyre are no differences IIRC the engine bays are identical

in response to the second question the whole thing is the catalytic convertor the janspeed cat will replace the whole lot

bob

Thanks for the answer BOB.

Generally, Chinese students lack of practice....I'm not a exceptional one..so I came to the UK...lol. and meet u guys here.

cheers

Kai

big_wasa
02-03-11, 04:43 PM
Kai have you just stuffed the blue elbow inside the black rubber hose and put a jubilee clip on ?

If so thats not good you should use a joiner.

ZS
02-03-11, 04:45 PM
Kai have you just stuffed the blue elbow inside the black rubber hose and put a jubilee clip on ?

I hadn't noticed that!

Kai... the joiner is that red metal pipe you brought!

kkman
02-03-11, 04:45 PM

kkman
02-03-11, 04:47 PM

good observation!!!! that's the question I'm gona to ask

a connector sleeve should be used to connect the black oe pipe and the silicon hose? and which one should I buy? will this cause a more serious space problem even if I'd trim the blue silicon hose?

ZS
02-03-11, 04:47 PM
one extra accessory I know is : a connector sleeve should be used to connect the black oe pipe and the silicon hose? and which one should I buy? will this cause a more serious space problem even if I'd trim the blue silicon hose?

No, because the joiner sits inside both pipes... so doesn't add any length

kkman
02-03-11, 04:48 PM
I hadn't noticed that!

Kai... the joiner is that red metal pipe you brought!

damn,,,I sent it back to larkspeed.com ......:super:

kkman
02-03-11, 04:50 PM
No, because the joiner sits inside both pipes... so doesn't add any length

so which one should I buy, could u recommend one plz? the red one I posted in previous thread is a bit long according to the BMC website. It is required to be trim, but the meterial is metal...don't think it is easy to cut

LozMachine
02-03-11, 04:52 PM
Is the silicone hose too short to fit directly onto the tb?

ZS
02-03-11, 04:56 PM

I think Kai wants to route both the breather and intake to the BMC, the same as I did on mine... Rather than have a seperate breather filter.

In which case he will need to trim it... if not then it will fit as is, but he will need the breather filter.

Maxfly
02-03-11, 05:03 PM
if your desperate and larkspeed winna send it back to you for free i have a couple kicking about you can have. :)

Mr ZS180
02-03-11, 05:13 PM
I think Kai wants to route both the breather and intake to the BMC, the same as I did on mine... Rather than have a seperate breather filter.

In which case he will need to trim it... if not then it will fit as is, but he will need the breather filter.

Would be easier to fit the hose straight to the tb though. A breather filter doesnt cost much at all. Although, I have a 45 degree elbow on mine so not sure about clearance with a 90 degree!

kkman
02-03-11, 06:17 PM

I'd like to fit onto the tb, yes, the silicon hose is too short to reach there....

if fit with oe pipe, it's just too long. could u guys plz recommend me an longer 90 degree silicon hose, so I can have more choice:alien:

stamford
02-03-11, 07:00 PM
I found Marley downpipe to be a good size for a joiner. Your method is poor, no wonder you had problems. If I were nearer I would sort it for you! The elbow you have is not long enough to clear the clutch arm if mounted direct to the throttle body, it will need extending as below.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/17042009457.jpg

kkman
03-03-11, 05:53 PM
I found Marley downpipe to be a good size for a joiner. Your method is poor, no wonder you had problems. If I were nearer I would sort it for you! The elbow you have is not long enough to clear the clutch arm if mounted direct to the throttle body, it will need extending as below.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/17042009457.jpg

Hi Stamford

This is exactly what I want, may I say"spot on", a local told me 'spot on' means good? is it?

be grateful.

Today, went to Revolution Motorstor http://www.revolution247.com/erol.html (looks like a good motor performance company? Garage is big, quite tidy and lots of stuff, schedule is full ), let a merchanic checked my engine bay, said (the clutch? dont remember) is too high, so it blocked the way between the induction kit and Throttle body. I then bought these accessories:

1. Forge Silicon Hose 70mm coupling hose (connect to the TB)

2. Forge Silicon Hose Alloy Joiner 70mm (connect the 70mm coupling hose to 90 degree hose, so it is long enough to connect to the TB)

3. Forge Silicon Hose 25mm-19mm Straight Reducer( connect the 25mm BMC air breather to 19mm hole)

4 70mm-90mm(for connect the cai to airbox)

5.16-25mm jubilee clip(for connect the 25mm-19mm Straight Reducer to the 19mm hole?)

Could someone plz can tell me are those size correct? I measured them, and told the stuff what I want.

6. still need to order one 25mm BMC breather from Regals-motorsports (is it the correct size to connect to the 25mm-19mm straight silicon reducer )

Two more question,lol, As I cut the original BMC cold air intake too short(approx 30mm now), so need buy a new one(60mm), but the shape of the original one was changed by me....so not sure what size should I buy, I measured the air intake side of the airbox, it is 80mm, but BMC claim, it is 85mm.

I guess I need a 82mm ID Cold air feed?

BTW, ordered a Janspeed Decat pipe from PTP yesterday, received the email said out of stock...still need to wait,

And anyone knows what are these for, anyway, I order them together with the decat pipe.

If you buy this item, you may also need...
Gasket - for Cat and Silencer (WCM100480)
? 1.70 inc. VAT

Gasket - WCM100460
? 1.12 inc. VAT

MIL Eliminator (Malfunction Indicator Lamp/Check Engine Light)
? 20.39 inc. VAT

Cheers

Kai

Jay-ZS+
03-03-11, 05:56 PM
Should have got a MIL eliminator off me would have saved yourself ?8 ;)

Im going to be replacing all of my induction tomorrow will put up a guide to hopefully prevent all these threads on the same topic and clear up all the sizes.

kkman
03-03-11, 06:07 PM
Should have got a MIL eliminator off me would have saved yourself ?8 ;)

Im going to be replacing all of my induction tomorrow will put up a guide to hopefully prevent all these threads on the same topic and clear up all the sizes.

I'd like to take it off u, dont know u had one.

Jay-ZS+
03-03-11, 06:13 PM
I'd like to take it off u, dont know u had one.

I have about 50 ;) pm me I'll let you know my payment details

kkman
03-03-11, 09:52 PM
Hi Stamford

This is exactly what I want, may I say"spot on", a local told me 'spot on' means good? is it?

be grateful.

Today, went to Revolution Motorstor http://www.revolution247.com/erol.html (looks like a good motor performance company? Garage is big, quite tidy and lots of stuff, schedule is full ), let a merchanic checked my engine bay, said (the clutch? dont remember) is too high, so it blocked the way between the induction kit and Throttle body. I then bought these accessories:

1. Forge Silicon Hose 70mm coupling hose (connect to the TB)

2. Forge Silicon Hose Alloy Joiner 70mm (connect the 70mm coupling hose to 90 degree hose, so it is long enough to connect to the TB)

3. Forge Silicon Hose 25mm-19mm Straight Reducer( connect the 25mm BMC air breather to 19mm hole)

4 70mm-90mm jubilee clip (for connect the cai to airbox)

5.16-25mm jubilee clip(for connect the 25mm-19mm Straight Reducer to the 19mm hole?)

Could someone plz can tell me are those size correct? I measured them, and told the stuff what I want.

6. still need to order one 25mm BMC breather from Regals-motorsports (is it the correct size to connect to the 25mm-19mm straight silicon reducer )

Two more question,lol, As I cut the original BMC cold air intake too short(approx 30mm now), so need buy a new one(60mm), but the shape of the original one was changed by me....so not sure what size should I buy, I measured the air intake side of the airbox, it is 80mm, but BMC claim, it is 85mm.

I guess I need a 82mm ID Cold air feed?

BTW, ordered a Janspeed Decat pipe from PTP yesterday, received the email said out of stock...still need to wait,

And anyone knows what are these for, anyway, I order them together with the decat pipe.

If you buy this item, you may also need...
Gasket - for Cat and Silencer (WCM100480)
? 1.70 inc. VAT

Gasket - WCM100460
? 1.12 inc. VAT

MIL Eliminator (Malfunction Indicator Lamp/Check Engine Light)
? 20.39 inc. VAT

Cheers

Kai

kkman
03-03-11, 09:53 PM
anyone here could answer my question please

many thanks

stamford
04-03-11, 07:19 AM
Can't remember the exact sizes, it's been a few years since mine's been fitted. Cat gaskets will be needed but the MIL kit is something Jay has already said he can offer you, see his sig. I would recommened you get someone to either do the induction for you or at least direct you.

kkman
04-03-11, 12:11 PM
Can't remember the exact sizes, it's been a few years since mine's been fitted. Cat gaskets will be needed but the MIL kit is something Jay has already said he can offer you, see his sig. I would recommened you get someone to either do the induction for you or at least direct you.

thanks Stamford

will meet with a xpf member from Sunderland soon.

cheers