PDA

View Full Version : changing fuel costs!!

Mr ZS180
04-03-11, 08:09 AM
A few days ago I put some fuel in my car from my local shell garage (i always use v-power) and was rather annoyed that vpower was 137.9p whereas regular was 129.9p per litre. 8ppl is quite a difference!!

However, I went again yesterday and regular is now 130.9p and v-power has gone down to 135.9p per litre. Now only a 5p difference. I'm happy now :-)

On another note what's with the nozzle on the momentum pumps? I tried that when I first got my zs and it wouldn't fit. I had to pay for 15p petrol in the end!!

Ritchy
04-03-11, 08:14 AM
see this is what i hate, petrol comes down a couple of pennys and everyones happy its over prices way too much, should be down at 90p again then il be happy

at 90p its ?49.50 to fill my tank
at ?1.30 its ?71.50
theyre playing mind games and its working

Squeaks
04-03-11, 08:23 AM
129.9 pah proves this island is a rip off big time that does!

andys1981
04-03-11, 08:39 AM
its 129.9 at my bit aswell mate,absolutely shocking

Huffy
04-03-11, 08:53 AM
I've been paying top wack for four years! but as its a derv it doesn't hurt as much.... well not as much as a v6! lol

Hambo-180
04-03-11, 09:16 AM
fuel prices in this country are a joke and not a funny one! 80p of every litre goes straight into the government coffers as tax...80p a litre! And to add insult to injury the oil companies are making massive profits....massive!! We, the motorist, are getting shafted from all angles totally f**ks me off!!
I've got one of those Shell Drivers Club card, so, you buy fuel and get points, you can then cash in points for a cash voucher. Now, Shell used to send out promo vouchers..e.g get 200 points if you fill up with at least 25litres twice in March but now its 30litres!!! oh god i'm ranting.....end!! :shutup::shutup:

anyway, have a look at this website, might be of some interest:-

http://www.freepetrolclub.co.uk/

Mr ZS180
04-03-11, 09:59 AM
see this is what i hate, petrol comes down a couple of pennys and everyones happy its over prices way too much, should be down at 90p again then il be happy

at 90p its ?49.50 to fill my tank
at ?1.30 its ?71.50
theyre playing mind games and its working

I'm not saying I'm happy. I'm saying that I'm happier than I was 2 days ago. The fuel prices are changing the way people think about cars now. I'm now thinking about buying a 306td, fitting a high pressure fuel pump and using a 50/50 mix of diesel and veg oil, possibly more when it heats up more. Even if it dies after a while it will only cost the equivalent of about 10 full tanks in the zs

Mr ZS180
04-03-11, 10:01 AM
I've been paying top wack for four years! but as its a derv it doesn't hurt as much.... well not as much as a v6! lol

When u had my 306td in 2001/2002 diesel was 56p a litre, petrol was about 70 something I think

ZS
04-03-11, 10:28 AM
129.9 pah proves this island is a rip off big time that does!

Petrol is more expensive in France at the moment... ;)

Squeaks
04-03-11, 10:58 AM
at work we are 135.9 & 142.9
at texico they are 142.9 & 149.9

mattie007
04-03-11, 11:26 AM
Bunch of cu@ts the lot of them. Why should we pay for the Fu@king bankers bonuses??!!!!!
I'm with Ritchy, they put it down a few PENCE and they think we will all be happy.
Families just won't be able to afford to go to the beach anymore.

Huffy
04-03-11, 11:43 AM
Families just won't be able to afford to go to the beach anymore.

Or their 50" LCD TV, Blur Ray PS? XB3$, holidays in spain and a new 3 year old Vauxhal astra!

have to make do like the rest of.....

grimmy
04-03-11, 11:53 AM
listening to the radio the other day i was astounded to hear that the government rakes in 26 billion pounds in fuel duty a year and road tax is only 6 billion,talk about rip off thats ridiculous

greenyzs180
04-03-11, 12:39 PM
funny that,fuel when i started driving was 56p a litre,times have changed and like you lot i'm pissed of with it,i love my v6 but takes the heart out of it as soon as i fill up i no i'm givin all them tossers most my money!as for whatever billion on roads.....you what?the roads here are the worst in europe and we prob pay the only if not most expensive tax on cars,i complainted to my local council the other day about a massive pot hole making motorist swerve and almost cause accidents,i was one of the unlucky ones and hit the bloody thing,ive had to take my car to get re-balanced as shook my car so much the satnav flew of and my kids thought i'd hit a brick wall,the council said that because no one has notified them they can not compensate me with any damage done!!!wht a load a *****!!so with out changing this thread all i wanted to say is this countries system on tax,fuel and highway maintance is a total joke and sham,its us that keeps thoses tosses in there jobs and pays for there high class prossys!!!

Ritchy
04-03-11, 12:41 PM
listening to the radio the other day i was astounded to hear that the government rakes in 26 billion pounds in fuel duty a year and road tax is only 6 billion,talk about rip off thats ridiculous

dont think the government has a clue about money tbh, ?6 billion, i.e. ?6,000,000,000 wonder what lets say amey charges to fix a pothoile, bets its a ridiculous amount, n all these other companys that overcharge and the goverment just pay, must be a few backhanders going on

to be honest i know the countrys in debt, and the money has to come form somewhere, n the only place that is our pockets, but bet the fuel pries and other taxes remain high after the books are balanced, dont often see taxes go down do you

F3NMG
04-03-11, 01:15 PM
And these potholes are not caused by high emissions, so why do we have to pay a larger chunk of road tax to keep the roads maintained!

ZS
04-03-11, 01:42 PM
And these potholes are not caused by high emissions, so why do we have to pay a larger chunk of road tax to keep the roads maintained!

Its not Road Tax any more! its Vehicle Excersize Duty AKA Green Tax!

F3NMG
04-03-11, 01:55 PM
I stand corrected. :)

Hambo-180
04-03-11, 02:18 PM
Its not Road Tax any more! its Vehicle Excersize Duty AKA Green Tax!

Vehicle Excise Duty!! lol

Bobdope2002
04-03-11, 02:25 PM
it wont be long until the goverment cottons onto us LPG owners and hikes the price on this too

This Country is a joke and we should do what theyre doing elsewhere in the world to sort it

storm are way into Downing street in numbers and start bashing **** out of the door until they realise us lot aernt gonna take it gently no more and want something sorting and quick

gsinclairzs
04-03-11, 02:49 PM
Our Gov. knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

idge2003
04-03-11, 02:49 PM
it wont be long until the goverment cottons onto us LPG owners and hikes the price on this too

I think you'll find the low LPG prices are only guaranteed til 2012 then I think you'll find the price will be going up!

Brett

grimmy
04-03-11, 03:25 PM

This Country is a joke and we should do what theyre doing elsewhere in the world to sort it

storm are way into Downing street in numbers and start bashing **** out of the door until they realise us lot aernt gonna take it gently no more and want something sorting and quick
Sorry to say it Tim but they have already cottoned on to you LPG drivers wasnt that long ago LPG was only 20 odd pence a litre.they are ripping the hole out of that tax wise already

Bobdope2002
04-03-11, 03:30 PM
Sorry to say it Tim but they have already cottoned on to you LPG drivers wasnt that long ago LPG was only 20 odd pence a litre.they are ripping the hole out of that tax wise already

not as much as they are petrol though im quite happy to pay 80ppl until 2012 will save me a fortune

Mr ZS180
04-03-11, 04:42 PM

Is LPG also called Autogas as that was 36p a litre when it first came out at a BP near me and its 70 something now! Doubled in a few years. Can they blame that on oil prices?

Someone said about the cost of fixing potholes... dont know that but I do know that it costs about ?14,000 to install a zebra crossing (painted lines and 2 beacons......?14,000???????) and a pedestrian crossing costs around ?40,000. The government doesnt care though as its our money that pays for this to happen!!

Dan1971
04-03-11, 05:57 PM
My fuel bill for the ST was about ?230 a month. Despite the 5 PPL extra for the diesel, I've halved my fuel costs. Happy days. I need the money. Running a house is getting crazy.

I'd rather have a V6 - no doubt about that one - but can't argue with the savings if you do the miles - let alone the lower VEL and insurance.

That being said - fuel - and that is all fuel - gas etc included, are all crazy overpriced.

Government are getting all kinds of wake up calls at the moment. BNP getting more votes than the lib dems in Barnsley is just one example. This country would never come to the riots and troubles overseas to get rid of governments/dictators, but there comes a point where a lot of people are going to be saying enough is enough.

And to cope with it, there'll be a lot of very demotivated cops.

Mr ZS180
04-03-11, 06:21 PM
V6 diesel??? Best of both????

Alan.F
04-03-11, 07:54 PM
I tell you whats happening to this country they are trying to turn the clocks back 60yrs so it come to how it was then where only the wealthy run cars and us normal working class people have to walk or get the bus,

F*CK THE GOVERMENT LETS BLOCKADE THE WHOLE COUNTRY

Ritchy
04-03-11, 08:07 PM
Mod paying over 20quid for a 60p bulb is an example of public money being wasted. And how about everytime I drive past roadwirksvtheres 2 peopke working and 5 standing about, wish I could do one of theyre jobs

Alan.F
04-03-11, 09:44 PM
Mod paying over 20quid for a 60p bulb is an example of public money being wasted. And how about everytime I drive past roadwirksvtheres 2 peopke working and 5 standing about, wish I could do one of theyre jobs

dont know if you saw the sign on the M8 road works that read "Please respect road workers"

I read it as "please drive quiet so you dont wake the workers up"

ian zs180
05-03-11, 07:32 AM
And ive just heard on the news that if this problem carries on in libya the price of fuel could hit the ?2 a litre mark . Hope that dont happen its bad enough now its a rip off the price of fuel we do need to do something coz it just seems to be going up every other day if we just sit back and do nothing it will keep rising .

ZS
05-03-11, 07:39 AM
And ive just heard on the news that if this problem carries on in libya the price of fuel could hit the ?2 a litre mark . Hope that dont happen its bad enough now its a rip off the price of fuel we do need to do something coz it just seems to be going up every other day if we just sit back and do nothing it will keep rising .

OK but what can we do? The government don't care! if we strike it does nothing... we brought the country to a halt with the fuel protests a few years back... but it didn't do any good!

If we don't buy fuel then that won't work because some people just can't afford to "not buy fuel" lol and after the event you all go buy fuel en mass and they get the money anyway!

So, time to blow up the houses of parliment V style? :zorro::ninja:

carmadbaker
05-03-11, 07:45 AM
So, time to blow up the houses of parliment V style? :zorro::ninja:

Cracking idea :D :bow: i know!.... i'll get some bottles.... and fill them with petrol then thr.......oh wait..... no.....:hmm:.......won't be doing that! :(

Squeaks
05-03-11, 04:28 PM
well for some reason I must have missed our fuel went up 4p at work last night!

ZS
05-03-11, 04:31 PM
Cracking idea :D :bow: i know!.... i'll get some bottles.... and fill them with petrol then thr.......oh wait..... no.....:hmm:.......won't be doing that! :(

Yeah, your right, petrol is too expensive... gunpowder is cheaper so how about a load of barrels filled with gunpowder?

daytona365
06-03-11, 07:45 PM
Yeah, your right, petrol is too expensive... gunpowder is cheaper so how about a load of barrels filled with gunpowder?

Didnt someone try that a few years ago? November the 5th lol.

And in the film "V for vendetta, didt a tube train full of explosives go under the House of Parliament.............That wouldnt work as they would be on strike, lol. :no::no:

Mr ZS180
06-03-11, 08:11 PM

Gunpowder cheaper huh?.......

Hmmmm........

ZS180 running on gunpowder..... Anyone wanna try?? :whistle: