PDA

View Full Version : my 120

bluedragonmg
05-03-11, 07:44 PM
When i first got my car, i thought she was awesome.it was love at first sight. But as the year went past i noticed that alot of trophy blue zeds were being around my way. So instead of selling her i decided to give her a new look. You could say she's had a implant or two. (I've called her jordan by the way lol)

peterzs
05-03-11, 07:55 PM
I think they all look good, like the mods.

vanishing days
06-03-11, 11:36 AM
not to my taste. but looks a good job

Craig
06-03-11, 11:38 AM
Quite like the fly eyes and the black against blue theme.

Bobdope2002
06-03-11, 12:05 PM
dont know about the black skirts TBH

but everything else looks good nice to see someone actually put a Vent on properley instead of glueing it on lol

any plans to lower it...think it would look proper mean then

Mr ZS180
06-03-11, 12:12 PM
Linking the mods mate. Nice to see different ones.

I like the lights. How did you get them like that?

shaggy
06-03-11, 05:04 PM
Hmmm

Ruined IMO

Skirts = no

Headlights = no

Bonnet = no

Sorry but not a fan

bluedragonmg
06-03-11, 06:52 PM
Linking the mods mate. Nice to see different ones.

I like the lights. How did you get them like that?

got the kit from ebay mate. just type in flyeye kit.

bluedragonmg
06-03-11, 07:05 PM
dont know about the black skirts TBH

but everything else looks good nice to see someone actually put a Vent on properley instead of glueing it on lol

any plans to lower it...think it would look proper mean then

I can't lower it coz the skirts are really low at the back as it is. So i was thinking of chucking some 18" wheels on her, and dropping the front splitter abit.

Maxxed_Ross
06-03-11, 07:29 PM
Vent looks different, as said alreay nice to see it done properly for a change

Don't like the skirts at all, especially if that's all that's stopping you lowering it. It really needs to be alot lower to pull off that look. Fitting 18"s will only make it worse IMO

bluedragonmg
06-03-11, 07:58 PM
Vent looks different, as said alreay nice to see it done properly for a change

Don't like the skirts at all, especially if that's all that's stopping you lowering it. It really needs to be alot lower to pull off that look. Fitting 18"s will only make it worse IMO

The 18's are to fill the arches more to give it a look of being lowered, and im gonna lower the front spoiler aswell to give it a drag look

Maxxed_Ross
06-03-11, 08:07 PM
it doesn't really work like that, it'll still look like a beach buggie

bluedragonmg
06-03-11, 08:44 PM
it doesn't really work like that, it'll still look like a beach buggie

lol, how much would you recomend lowering it by?

Taphouse
06-03-11, 08:50 PM
Epic Fail!

greenyzs180
06-03-11, 09:18 PM
think done good job there,i've got 18"s on mine and not lowered and looks fine,must say i'm after some lowering springs soon just to drop that bit lower,like the vent in bonnet,like some peeps said its nice to see done properly,i had some nascar vent cut and moulded in,they look the part if done rite like yours has.

Maxxed_Ross
06-03-11, 09:19 PM
lol, how much would you recomend lowering it by?

most spring kits around the 30mm mark, but if you spend the extra on coilovers you can set them exactly where you want :smart:

bluedragonmg
06-03-11, 09:42 PM
most spring kits around the 30mm mark, but if you spend the extra on coilovers you can set them exactly where you want :smart:

adjustable coilovers, how much do they go for?

KevG
06-03-11, 09:45 PM
Circa about ?500+

bluedragonmg
06-03-11, 09:52 PM
?500+ bit pricey aint they?

Maxxed_Ross
07-03-11, 12:25 AM
keep an eye on ebay, they do come up 2nd hand occasionally

?500 for coilovers is a bit of a bargain IMO

gsinclairzs
07-03-11, 11:39 AM
Civic coilovers are alot cheaper and will do the same job.

k7ngt
07-03-11, 11:59 AM
Civic coilovers are alot cheaper and will do the same job.

ive been told that the fronts dont fit right?? or is this a lie?

bluedragonmg
07-03-11, 07:59 PM
which civic was the zs based on?

Maxxed_Ross
08-03-11, 04:37 PM
the Civic Saloon. They are near enough identical to a mk1 hatchback apart from the front bumper and lights

Bobdope2002
08-03-11, 04:52 PM
Epic Fail!

Why!!!

ill admit i think the sideskirt extensions are rubbish but the rest of the car is good......i actually like the bonnet and the scoop i think it works

I can't lower it coz the skirts are really low at the back as it is. So i was thinking of chucking some 18" wheels on her, and dropping the front splitter abit.

Remove The Skirts Get Some 18's lower it jobs a gooden

As ross says if you put 18's onto a 120 it will turn into a 4*4 and will handle like a boat

bluedragonmg
08-03-11, 06:03 PM
Why!!!

ill admit i think the sideskirt extensions are rubbish but the rest of the car is good......i actually like the bonnet and the scoop i think it works

Remove The Skirts Get Some 18's lower it jobs a gooden

As ross says if you put 18's onto a 120 it will turn into a 4*4 and will handle like a boat

i can't get rid of the skirts, i paid ?200 to have them extended and sprayed

haGGard
08-03-11, 06:13 PM
Is your name 'Barry' by any chance?

I have nothing positive to say. Not my cup of tea.

bluedragonmg
08-03-11, 08:55 PM
Is your name 'Barry' by any chance?

I have nothing positive to say. Not my cup of tea.

Is your name 'RICHARD CRANIUM' by any chance?

why ask a stupid question like that?

Craig
08-03-11, 09:05 PM
Now now guys, lets all play nice :)

bluedragonmg
08-03-11, 09:08 PM
Now now guys, lets all play nice :)

lol, i was only having a laugh, everyone is entitled to their opinions.:alcoholic:

greenyzs180
08-03-11, 09:26 PM
if its name calling day then i'm up for that,how about...arsenal are *****.hehehe,come on you spurs,car related i think the car looks good,i have 18"s on with out lowering and look ok,will invest soon on coilovers but as stated bit pricey!!

Taphouse
09-03-11, 05:37 AM
Why!!!

Because I personally don't think there is a place for that in the MG world, it has a long history, and I don't like seeing the brands reputation tarnished like this.

lol, i was only having a laugh, everyone is entitled to their opinions.:alcoholic:

Good man, many get offend. It's nice to see someone with a marmite car throw it up on a public forum, knowing there will be negative comments and take it on the chin. A great example to many! :wave:

gsinclairzs
09-03-11, 09:00 AM
the Civic Saloon. They are near enough identical to a mk1 hatchback apart from the front bumper and lights

It's the civic hatchback. They never made a saloon version.

ZS Phil
09-03-11, 12:18 PM
I can appreciate the work youve put in but I cant help but think the money could have been far better spent. I mean if you had put a 180 splitter and skirts on with gloss black standard straights on motobuild springs you would be onto a winner but as it stands it just looks like it has been crashed into Halfords front window and one of everything in the "rude boy" corsa section has landed on it. Sorry, just not my cuppa although if you sorted the wheels, suspension and skirts out it would look alright.

grimmy
09-03-11, 12:22 PM
Doesn't really do it for me either but think it would look much better is the side skirts and bonnet were still trophy blue, but fair play for having the gonads to do what you have.

gsinclairzs
09-03-11, 01:05 PM
It's not the way I would modify a Z, but looks like the work was well done and as long as you're happy, then who cares what others think. I'm sure there are many Rover 45 owners that look at our Z's and say to themselves, "I wouldn't drive that' simply because that's not how they want their cars to look. That's not wrong, its just a different opinion. It would be pretty boring if we all had the same idea about what a car should look like. I'm sure you've had some very positive comments about your car by modifiers that are into that look and at the end of the day you have a unique car that people are talking about. I think the fact a lot of people are missing is that you are a fellow Z enthusiast.

Hello by the way.:)

bluedragonmg
09-03-11, 03:40 PM
Because I personally don't think there is a place for that in the MG world, it has a long history, and I don't like seeing the brands reputation tarnished like this.

Good man, many get offend. It's nice to see someone with a marmite car throw it up on a public forum, knowing there will be negative comments and take it on the chin. A great example to many! :wave:

Thanks for the comment.

bluedragonmg
09-03-11, 03:43 PM
I can appreciate the work youve put in but I cant help but think the money could have been far better spent. I mean if you had put a 180 splitter and skirts on with gloss black standard straights on motobuild springs you would be onto a winner but as it stands it just looks like it has been crashed into Halfords front window and one of everything in the "rude boy" corsa section has landed on it. Sorry, just not my cuppa although if you sorted the wheels, suspension and skirts out it would look alright.

So what your saying is "JUST DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS DONE" ???

Bobdope2002
09-03-11, 04:59 PM
Because I personally don't think there is a place for that in the MG world, it has a long history, and I don't like seeing the brands reputation tarnished like this. :

MG are Dead

Its just enthusiast that keep em going

Each to theyre own i say dont like the skirts though

Taphouse
09-03-11, 06:33 PM
MG are Dead

Its just enthusiast that keep em going

Each to theyre own i say dont like the skirts though

I never said it wasn't. You have backed up my point, it's down to us to maintain the brand.

I dont believe this one is owned by an enthusiast (no offence intended), judging by how clean it is in the photos. I would say he is all about modifying.

I consider myself an enthusiast, having owned a string of MGR's, and any chances made I feel are in keeping with the brand, or performance related.

bluedragonmg
09-03-11, 06:45 PM
I never said it wasn't. You have backed up my point, it's down to us to maintain the brand.

I dont believe this one is owned by an enthusiast (no offence intended), judging by how clean it is in the photos. I would say he is all about modifying.

I consider myself an enthusiast, having owned a string of MGR's, and any chances made I feel are in keeping with the brand, or performance related.

If i wasn't an enthusiast i would have debadged my cars body and changed the engine. Instead I have kept my cars heritage by replacing the MG badge with a black one. MY CAR IS NOT CLEAN BECAUSE I USE IT TO GET TO WORK ,WHICH IS IN A FIELD!. I DONT THINK EVEN YOU COULD KEEP YOUR CAR NICE AND SHINEY ALL THE TIME UNLESS YOU WORK IN A CAR WASH!:boxing:

ZS Phil
09-03-11, 10:53 PM
So what your saying is "JUST DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS DONE" ???

Sort of but sort of not. There is a reason when certain mods are popular and that is because they probably look good. Unique isnt always good, for example if I put a cement mixer on the roof. It would be unique, Ive certainly never seen it done on a ZS but would it be good? I dont think so. It is easy to be unique, it is very difficult however to be unique and finish up with something that looks good.
Looking at the skirts for example, I can only speculate how much time, research and money MG Rover invested into producing the finished product but I can guarantee that the whole process was much more involved and informed than a company producing an after market skirt. The result being that the original is more appealing to more peaple hence the majority of people on here saying "its not for me". If you like it then fair enough, dare to be different and all that.
With respect to brand values if you tell somebody you drive an MG I always find that you get one of two reactions. The first being from younger people who more often than not say "you mean a badge engineered Rover...". The second is from older people who say "oh, a little rag top. How adorable". Neither of these responses are particularly flattering however it is better than the reaction of either age group if you say you drive a modified corsa for example which is invariably "oh, your a chav" or "you know sod all about cars" albeit they probably wont say it. My fear is that if MGs continue to be modified in the way that this one has been, they will earn the reputation of the corsa, 106, nova etc. In all honesty though I cant see that happening.
Anyway, Im not trying to knock your ZS or what you have done to it, Im just explaining why it will not be to most peoples taste. As I said above though, if you like it then its all good. :)

gsinclairzs
10-03-11, 09:27 AM
Sort of but sort of not. There is a reason when certain mods are popular and that is because they probably look good. Unique isnt always good, for example if I put a cement mixer on the roof. It would be unique, Ive certainly never seen it done on a ZS but would it be good? I dont think so. It is easy to be unique, it is very difficult however to be unique and finish up with something that looks good.
Looking at the skirts for example, I can only speculate how much time, research and money MG Rover invested into producing the finished product but I can guarantee that the whole process was much more involved and informed than a company producing an after market skirt. The result being that the original is more appealing to more peaple hence the majority of people on here saying "its not for me". If you like it then fair enough, dare to be different and all that.
With respect to brand values if you tell somebody you drive an MG I always find that you get one of two reactions. The first being from younger people who more often than not say "you mean a badge engineered Rover...". The second is from older people who say "oh, a little rag top. How adorable". Neither of these responses are particularly flattering however it is better than the reaction of either age group if you say you drive a modified corsa for example which is invariably "oh, your a chav" or "you know sod all about cars" albeit they probably wont say it. My fear is that if MGs continue to be modified in the way that this one has been, they will earn the reputation of the corsa, 106, nova etc. In all honesty though I cant see that happening.
Anyway, Im not trying to knock your ZS or what you have done to it, Im just explaining why it will not be to most peoples taste. As I said above though, if you like it then its all good. :)

There is a third reaction too and thats, "whats an MG?':slap:

bluedragonmg
10-03-11, 05:05 PM
Thank you for your comments everyone.