PDA

View Full Version : The collection grows ....

Dan1971
16-03-11, 05:13 PM
Decat's in the shed awaiting fitting
SDi injectors are awaiting collection at the post office
Private plate is in the shed awaiting the docs to come through and will get fitted 1st of April on my new insurance policy

Still to get/do -
Panel filter
Remap

Considering -
Removing the mudflaps
Alcantara interior
Black viper stripes
Paint the front centre part of the spoiler Black
Wheels - Black, either a refurb and new tyres (cost circa ?500) or sell the 11 spokes and get an aftermarket wheel and tyre package (cost ?600ish minus what I'd get for the 11 spokes).

I'll get slated for saying it - and rightly too with my track record - but you know how you look for ages for the right car - I think I've found it you know. I'm getting 500+ on a tank and decent enough in gear performance in standard trim as it is currently. With the mods above done I reckon it'll do just nicely thank you very much.

And my new favourite pic .....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/silverstone40th021.jpg

daytona365
16-03-11, 05:24 PM
Decat's in the shed awaiting fitting
SDi injectors are awaiting collection at the post office
Private plate is in the shed awaiting the docs to come through and will get fitted 1st of April on my new insurance policy

Still to get/do -
Panel filter
Remap

Considering -
Removing the mudflaps
Alcantara interior
Black viper stripes
Paint the front centre part of the spoiler Black
Wheels - Black, either a refurb and new tyres (cost circa ?500) or sell the 11 spokes and get an aftermarket wheel and tyre package (cost ?600ish minus what I'd get for the 11 spokes).

I'll get slated for saying it - and rightly too with my track record - but you know how you look for ages for the right car - I think I've found it you know. I'm getting 500+ on a tank and decent enough in gear performance in standard trim as it is currently. With the mods above done I reckon it'll do just nicely thank you very much.

And my new favourite pic .....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/silverstone40th021.jpg

Its parked next to a Mini lol!!

Huffy
16-03-11, 06:25 PM
forget the pannel filter, get a cotton green K4.80, you'll get much better airflow, this will make better use of the injectors, and you'll get a beautiful whoossshhhhhh noise as it suck up rabbits, cats & small children :P.

ps: if you do remove your mud flaps, let me know as i'd like a set..... the roads up in northumberland are filthy!

Jem
16-03-11, 06:38 PM
I reckon you might regret getting rid of the mudflaps,I didn't have any for a month and the car was not looking so nice getting dirty isnt to bad but stone chips i do care about.

Dan1971
16-03-11, 06:43 PM
I've got a black thing going on in my mind though and they are light blue with white. I know I could overwrite the white in black - :hmm: - but to be honest the spats have already got chipped ... and I'm not sure on the look of them to be honest.

But ... they are only under consideration and while the car looks as it does now, they're staying put.

stamford
17-03-11, 07:29 AM
Glad the car is making an impression Dan, that is saying something! It looks the part and delivers what we all crave, cheap motoring!

jamesc777
17-03-11, 07:56 AM
looking good, sounds like a some good ideas in there. id keep the mud flaps personally with the condition of our roads and the stuff that comes off them. been cheakiy but what interior do u have at the moment asi could be interested :whistle:

archermav
17-03-11, 08:53 AM
Viper stripes!!!!!! Are you insane??????????

Huffy
17-03-11, 12:19 PM
Viper stripes!!!!!! Are you insane??????????

I had a friend at Uni, he was and still is a liverpudlian and had a 1.4 Mk3 astra 5 door in red, Black Viper Stripes and TSW Venoms..... He later went on to star in "Big Brother" says it all really ! lol

Andyf
18-03-11, 09:11 AM
There was a silver MK2 diesel with spoiler, 180 kit and iirc blue axis interior for sale when I got my 120. I wish i'd got a diesel now so wouldn't worry about HGF all the time. Having said that I love the sound of my 120 with the Janspeed exhaust!

Dan1971
07-05-11, 01:27 PM
K and N panel filter - Tick

Hope to get what I've got so far fitted either later this month or next with RRs as I go along. Will be interesting to see what each thing makes. Also, what difference there will be in my MPG. At the moment I'm getting about 45 - 48 in stop start traffic.

The remap might have to wait - or might have to get brought forward depending on how it runs with the little mods. Been good fun collecting stuff. Gutted I missed out on the lowering springs Lawrence was selling. Having gone for the cheaper 205 40 options on my tyres, they look a bit small. Lowering the car would sort that. Will get the EGR blanked off too to stop the jerkyness on balanced throttle.

Never mind - so far - so very good. :devil:

peterzs
07-05-11, 06:38 PM
Glad you are still enjoying the car Dan, thay do go well and with your mods to do will only go better.

Always a cost, might lose a few mpg, but the grin factor is worth it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ramdonice
07-05-11, 06:49 PM
i miss my rover 45 diesel with 150bhp and 260lbs :(

with your erg valve blanking it off with put the engine light on because your car was made after 2004, think it can be disabled in the remap tho

had 205/40's on my zed when i got it and hated it and was cheaper to get the 18's with nearly new conti sports 3 on then buy new tyres for the straights, made the wheels look small, bigger arch gaps and getting the jack under the car was a pain