PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Dervs are........

Mr ZS180
18-03-11, 09:54 AM
......... sooooooooooooooooo expensive to buy compared to the other models.

I was contemplating buying a runaround for day to day use but didnt realise how much they were. Clearly a benefit of the credit crunch!

The 180s are worth b****r all now :blink:

ZS
18-03-11, 10:10 AM
......... sooooooooooooooooo expensive to buy compared to the other models.

I was contemplating buying a runaround for day to day use but didnt realise how much they were. Clearly a benefit of the credit crunch!

The 180s are worth b****r all now :blink:

You can pick up a Rover 400 Derv for next to nothing :) nice cheap motoring :D (and an easy convert to ZS styling lol)

peterzs
18-03-11, 10:50 AM
Trouble is derv is dearer to buy than petrol, but then we can get 50+ mpg.

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Topov
18-03-11, 11:49 AM
On that subject I have a cheap 45 connoiseur for sale can't advertise it on here though don't want to break rules but someone can PM me if interested

Huffy
18-03-11, 08:51 PM
The simpole fact is that with the right mods a derv is just as much fun as a 180, but gives you better MPG, cheeper tax and cheeper insurance..... but cheep ones pop up from time to time.... you just have to be on the ball.....

I bought mine 4 years ago, with 27k and payed 5k now with over 100k it would still fetch 3k for a private sale.... although i have put far to much into it to warrant selling!!!

p_b82
18-03-11, 09:53 PM
although i have put far to much into it to warrant selling!!!

Man you do not know how much that has echoed true with me ;)

I still like the fact that my car has figures* that match cars another 10k on top of what i paid getting mine to where it is.. including buying it back in 2004!

*apart from emmisions maybe and a touch of reliability but hey they would have spent a lot more than i have on dev work!