PDA

View Full Version : Gear Changes

Bobdope2002
20-03-11, 02:42 PM
I thought My Mod had solved the problem but the more i drive it the more its getting worse

we noticed that the hydralic thing that operated the gearbox was flexing quite a bit when the clutch was pressed and with my mod it stopped flexing so much

But it seems when its cold everything is fine its ok but as soon as it warms up it feels like i have to put my foot down to the floor and also i have to push like my toes into the pedal too

very annoying to the point im just not enjoying driving it and am considering selling

any ideas what it could be guys as i canna really afford for a garage to kick me tyres and say oooo thats broke if ya get me lo

ramdonice
20-03-11, 02:46 PM
the fluid in the system maybe had it

fastmike
20-03-11, 03:15 PM
Is it a PG1 g/box ? .... it might be the release bearing shaft siezing up ?

Bobdope2002
20-03-11, 03:18 PM
Is it a PG1 g/box ? .... it might be the release bearing shaft siezing up ?

been told its a ford gearbox IB6 or sommat

petet16
20-03-11, 03:39 PM
Ford IB5 I think.

What might be happening is the plastic pipe getting warm from the engine heat and swelling slightly when you use the clutch.

Bobdope2002
20-03-11, 03:45 PM
Ford IB5 I think.

What might be happening is the plastic pipe getting warm from the engine heat and swelling slightly when you use the clutch.

any solutions other than changing the pipe for a metal one??

Ritchy
20-03-11, 03:52 PM
maybe the clutch itself is just knackered would really need to feel it to make up my mind though tbh

petet16
20-03-11, 03:53 PM
I think changing to a metal pipe is probably the best solution, you could replace the pipe with new plastic but I think the problem would only come back again, and I expect replacement plastic is ???

Bobdope2002
20-03-11, 04:02 PM
maybe the clutch itself is just knackered would really need to feel it to make up my mind though tbh

the clutch doesnt slip or smell or anything no noises or anything just the pedal is crap

Are the pedals adjustable from inside the car at all??

im wondering if the previous owner adjusted it at all