PDA

View Full Version : Wkd Work

daytona365
20-03-11, 06:38 PM
With the warm weather, I treated the Zed to a bit of TLC.

I replaced my pollen filter, the old one was more leaves than filter, also with glovebox off I put a new heater resistor on, as the pic shows, the old one was knackered. Then I took each wheel off and painted my calipers, and cleaned the surrounding suspension bits. Next was a new n/s headlight bulb and finally on the sunday I went and collected the cup holder from Fastmike. And a very nice country lane drive back home, sunshine and window down to hear the V6 burble.

To end it all out to dinner with my son...........

Dav
20-03-11, 06:40 PM
Nice, nothing better than a country road blast... ;)

Ritchy
20-03-11, 06:46 PM
looking good!

peterzs
20-03-11, 07:12 PM
Calipers do look so much better painted, the resistor pack looks like something the school kids make up in the physics lab.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

daytona365
20-03-11, 07:20 PM
The resistor was just bare wires, totally melted away, no wonder it only blew on 4.
Discovered the heater fan was all clogged upwith leaves and twigs, may have over loaded the resistor, and be the reason behind the loud whizzing noise.......

Ritchy
20-03-11, 07:21 PM
usually the heater esistor does go if the fan is getting overloaded by say a blocked pollen

fastmike
20-03-11, 08:01 PM
Nice to meet you today sir:pepsi:

daytona365
20-03-11, 08:23 PM
usually the heater esistor does go if the fan is getting overloaded by say a blocked pollen

Could have been that too, the amount of leaves that were wrapped round my filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looked like half a tree............:rant:

daytona365
20-03-11, 08:24 PM
Nice to meet you today sir:pepsi:

Was good to put another face to a name on here. Makes a change to have a member so close.................:thumbsup: