PDA

View Full Version : Ah well it's only a car (warning distressing images)

Leigh_EvoIX
21-03-11, 08:31 PM
Lol!! Well I can get my Evo VIII sooner than I thought now. :D

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb143/lthornton2/ZS180/IMG_0362.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb143/lthornton2/ZS180/IMG_0361.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb143/lthornton2/ZS180/20a66f37.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb143/lthornton2/ZS180/IMG_0361.jpg

Nor
21-03-11, 08:32 PM
You unhurt I take it? That's the important thing.

What's the story.

grimmy
21-03-11, 08:33 PM
Nooooooooo not another dead one shame to see that dude hope you are okay.

petet16
ooops, what happened, hope you're ok.

The car looked a minter

Dan1971
Shame ..... you go sideways into a kerb or something ?

peterzs
21-03-11, 08:40 PM
What a shame, well looked after motor.

Suspect you could get it sorted, rear damage looks a bit like Richy's, few new bits, less the front is more bent than it looks.

Hope your OK, as you say its only a car.

Ritchy
21-03-11, 08:46 PM
nasty:| hope your okay, n after all that hard work at the weekend as well, looks a little worse than mine at the back, if its going through insurance its deffo a writeoff:(

Leigh_EvoIX
21-03-11, 09:49 PM
Was going up a slip road which was a long lefty. Back end slid out think I over compensated and it snaked a bit into the crash barrier spun around and got the back end too. All happened in a flash tbh. No other cars involved. Me and the mrs are both fine. Managed to creep it around the corner into a car park and go home to get my tools to strip some bits before the insurance had it taken away.

Loom out for some bits coming up for sale soon.

Craig
21-03-11, 09:52 PM
Gutted! It was looking fantastic too mate. Just glad you and the mrs are ok.

caled
21-03-11, 10:14 PM
You must be gutted, mate, that car looked great.

Leigh_EvoIX
21-03-11, 10:35 PM
You must be gutted, mate, that car looked great.

I am a bit but strangely I haven't thrown a wobbly or anything... Can't change things now and it could of been much worse in many respects. IE other cars in the back of me etc...

andys1981
21-03-11, 10:39 PM
good news is that you and the misses are ok mate,car was stunning!

caled
21-03-11, 11:07 PM
I am a bit but strangely I haven't thrown a wobbly or anything... Can't change things now and it could of been much worse in many respects. IE other cars in the back of me etc...

true

...speaking of which, dont suppose you fancy giving me the dual exit exhaust set up for pennies?

lawrence-zs180
21-03-11, 11:08 PM
dude that blows but glad you and your lady are ok

Leigh_EvoIX
21-03-11, 11:16 PM
true

...speaking of which, dont suppose you fancy giving me the dual exit exhaust set up for pennies?

LOL... Insurance have got her now so keep an eye on the scrappies...

Thanks for all the kind words guys :) appreciated!!

fastmike
22-03-11, 05:23 AM
Thats gutting man :( but as said up there ^^ at least your both ok

jamesc777
22-03-11, 06:09 AM
sorry to hear that mate, at least your both ok. u leaving the car to the insurance company or scrapping it yourself? always a shame when its a nice car as well. chin up

ThumpJunkie
22-03-11, 07:10 AM
LOL Leigh! WTF man?!?! That looks a right mess :(

p_b82
22-03-11, 10:04 AM
Sorry to see that another ZS is dead :(

just want to echo the rest of what people have said that you and the Mrs are ok!

Leigh_EvoIX
22-03-11, 11:49 AM
LOL Leigh! WTF man?!?! That looks a right mess :(

Cheers mate!?!?!? :evilmad::bounce::evilmad:

ThumpJunkie
22-03-11, 01:30 PM
Cheers mate!?!?!? :evilmad::bounce::evilmad:
It's more your response I'm laughing at than the situation!!! :strongbench:

Leigh_EvoIX
22-03-11, 04:48 PM
It's more your response I'm laughing at than the situation!!! :strongbench:

I know dude. Was just pulling your tadger!!

PICS UPDATED IN FIRST POST!!

Steves Cleenz
22-03-11, 04:56 PM
glad your ok :) just noticed that your tax was due at the end of the month lol, thats a ?245 saving lol

BUCKYDEVIL
22-03-11, 05:02 PM
Damn shame to see your car like that, good to hear no one was badly injured.

Leigh_EvoIX
22-03-11, 05:20 PM
glad your ok :) just noticed that your tax was due at the end of the month lol, thats a ?245 saving lol

Lol... Was one of the first things I said. Hahahhaa

talkingcars
22-03-11, 05:40 PM
Glad you are okay.

That looks nasty but I suspect it is a cat c, most of the damage is panel damage only, might make a good project for some one.

Mission
22-03-11, 07:55 PM
Well what a totally tragic end to my old car!!!!

Regretted selling that the second i saw it driving away!

Still it's curtains for it now!

Another 180 goes ot it's grave!!!!!!!!

Leigh_EvoIX
22-03-11, 08:11 PM
Well what a totally tragic end to my old car!!!!

Regretted selling that the second i saw it driving away!

Still it's curtains for it now!

Another 180 goes ot it's grave!!!!!!!!

Matt??

Sorry (shame on me) :(

andys1981
22-03-11, 08:20 PM
**** happens mate,me and craig off this forum have seen our zs written off its sore to look at,i was lucky enough to buy her back and get her on the stand at smc,hard graft but she was worth every second!

ThumpJunkie
22-03-11, 08:20 PM
Can I get that front wing for the Slowver?

Mr ZS180
22-03-11, 08:44 PM
Another Zed gone :(

Such a good looking one too!!

Glad you and the missus are ok though Leigh!!

That big slab of boot remained intact though ;)

ZS
23-03-11, 07:27 AM
Out of interest... how much would the insurance want to buy that back ;)

jamesc777
23-03-11, 08:18 AM
in wanted to ask that but didnt want to rub salt in the wounds too quick :laugh:
a nice project for someone or spares for the rest of us.

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 10:36 AM
Another Zed gone :(

Such a good looking one too!!

Glad you and the missus are ok though Leigh!!

That big slab of boot remained intact though ;)

LOL... Leave the slab out of it!! :angry:

Out of interest... how much would the insurance want to buy that back ;)

Have been thinking about it but there are a few things I'm unsure of.
Who do I ask to buy it off?
How do I scrap the remaining shell or what I don't remove?

Tbh I don't have anywhere to store it while I work on it or anywhere to put parts that come off it.

ZS
23-03-11, 10:46 AM
Have been thinking about it but there are a few things I'm unsure of.
Who do I ask to buy it off?
How do I scrap the remaining shell or what I don't remove?

Tbh I don't have anywhere to store it while I work on it or anywhere to put parts that come off it.

I'd start by calling the insurance company and ask for a buy back figure (you never know they may offer it to you for ?200 or something)...

then First I'd look to see if it was feasable to fix it (a few suspension components etc) and if not then look at scrapping it...

If you have a trailer the end stripped shell can be weighed in at pretty much any metal merchants... just have to remove the tyres usually :)

As for space, yes that can be an issue... if you were down south I'd say stick it on my drive and I'll help strip things off (as I could do with some bits myself :p)

andys1981
23-03-11, 10:46 AM
just say to the ins comp that ye wanna buy it back,depends on what cat they write it off but i would say its a cat c or d mate,you should be able to buy it back,but you would need somewhere to keep it

caled
23-03-11, 11:16 AM
If you buy it back and decide to break (assuming its Cat C or D, although I reckon C), then you could either strip it down yourself or Im sure someone on here will buy it off you to strip it down - all dependent on how much the insurance company want, really.
Either way, you'll probably make more money out of buying it back then just getting the settlement they offer you. Then you can buy another!

ps I still call dibs on the exhaust.

stamford
23-03-11, 12:05 PM
Pleased to know you and the mrs are okay, a real shame to lose another fine zed, that's life.

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 12:29 PM
to make matters worse...

I took the sub out and other bits. Haven't had time to sort stuff out so I left them in my girl friends car.... They have now been stolen!!.. hahhaha

Whats next, these things come in 3's

stamford
23-03-11, 12:43 PM
What rough luck, best stay indoors mate!

jamesc777
23-03-11, 02:01 PM
have u been breaking mirrors or something, thats terrible luck. :no:
im sure there would be a few people on here including myself that would be welcome to getting our hands on the car or some bits if the insurance will release it. the shell is easy, u can take it to a metal yard or a breakers, they are still paying to take them in. always worth a thought considering how hard certain parts are to get. keep us informed, and good luck with the insurance company, they were alot of hard work for me a few years ago.

caled
23-03-11, 02:37 PM
Some companies will collect scrap, too, but theyll more than likely knock it off scrap value.

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 03:38 PM
So its likely a case of renting a skip for bits that arn't worth keeping and just pulling it all apart. What about moving the shell once there are no wheels and stuff on it?

caled
23-03-11, 05:10 PM
I wouldnt bother with a skip, tbh - just keep the bits you dont want in the car itself.
Then when you're done, call up a company with a flatbed truck to come and get it.

You spoke to the insurance about a buy back value, yet?

Alan.F
23-03-11, 05:29 PM
You can only buy it back if its a CAT C or D if they make it a cat b then you cant buy it scrap yards only

ian zs180
23-03-11, 05:32 PM
Sorry to see your zed in that state it looked a minter at least your both ok and no one was hurt

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 05:48 PM
I wouldnt bother with a skip, tbh - just keep the bits you dont want in the car itself.
Then when you're done, call up a company with a flatbed truck to come and get it.

You spoke to the insurance about a buy back value, yet?

Good idea.. What about moving it though if its just on stands?

Not spoke to insurance about it yet..

leezs110
23-03-11, 07:02 PM
Crikey Leigh, Shame about your ZS, i bet that was a brown pants moment! ;)

At least no one was hurt, thats the main thing! :)

Steves Cleenz
23-03-11, 08:49 PM
scrap men will take it belive me lol, but if you can get it down to a bare shell then weigh it in yourself as the price of metal is is over ?200 a tonne at the mo, so you are looking at probally around ?100 for the shell lol, and when you think about it there is close on ?1000 or more to be made with what is left

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 09:00 PM
scrap men will take it belive me lol, but if you can get it down to a bare shell then weigh it in yourself as the price of metal is is over ?200 a tonne at the mo, so you are looking at probally around ?100 for the shell lol, and when you think about it there is close on ?1000 or more to be made with what is left

I thought you need to be registered or something to sell scrap metal...

Mr ZS180
23-03-11, 09:09 PM
Good idea.. What about moving it though if its just on stands?

Not spoke to insurance about it yet..

When I smashed my 300zx I sold everything off it including the wheels and suspension and a guy came round who really wanted the car and 'dragged' it onto the flatbed. Wheels are irrelevant lol

Steves Cleenz
23-03-11, 09:15 PM
I thought you need to be registered or something to sell scrap metal...

nope as you are not doing as a main income, all you need is to keep your documents as the scrap metal place will want these when you weigh it in, just to prove its not nicked and then they send them off to the DVLA to say its been scrapped

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 09:18 PM
Good info thanks guys... Am seriously going to consider a buy back option as there is still a lot of good parts on there. Engines only done 36k and has just had the belts done..

Maxfly
23-03-11, 09:20 PM
just seen this, gutting mate she wis looking relly good too:(

jamesc777
23-03-11, 09:31 PM
when i scrapped my 200sx i made ?5000 on the parts and still got 150 quid for the shell at the end of it. first of find out how much the insurance want for it then tell people what bit could be around to gauge interest then decide for yourself. i understand the space issue but as i said before i bet there are a few of us that could be interested in the car!

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 09:34 PM
just seen this, gutting mate she wis looking relly good too:(

Always the case isn't it... Detailed her for 6 hours a few days before and before that spent 2 hours detailing the wheels alone..lol

Ah well... Going to see an Evo IX FQ320 on Sunday :D

caled
23-03-11, 11:38 PM
Bloody hell.
You write off a ZS180 and then you go to buy an Evo IX. I wish I had your postcode, Im pretty sure my insurance guy would just laugh in my face and tell me where to go.

Leigh_EvoIX
23-03-11, 11:47 PM
Bloody hell.
You write off a ZS180 and then you go to buy an Evo IX. I wish I had your postcode, Im pretty sure my insurance guy would just laugh in my face and tell me where to go.

Dont get if you dont ask. I'll just have to stump up a bit more than I'm used to. Hey ho.

Leigh_EvoIX
30-03-11, 02:49 PM
So insurance have offered the sum of ?3175 for the car minus my ?250 excess... I don't think that is too bad tbh.

I've also been given a price to buy back the car before it goes to salvage.
Currently looking into storage close to me so that I can store and strip her.

Not too upset with the result as I now have my Evo IX dream car. (and a very empty bank account)

peterzs
30-03-11, 03:22 PM
Have fun with the Evo, and best of luck with breaking the poor old ZS, did look a lovely car.

:yes::yes::yes:

Maxfly
30-03-11, 03:53 PM
pretty good price that is, enjoy the EVO..I know i would lol:D