PDA

View Full Version : Any diesel experts out there?

daveronimo
25-03-11, 01:35 PM
I'm looking at a replacement for my car with the following work done on it (it's the 2.0 turbo diesel 2004 rover) -

Engine:
SDi injectors
Donny stainless turbo outlet pipe
custom ported inlet manifold and charge pipe
Roose motorsport silicone boost hoses
Large universal double cone filter
MAFAM on standard Bosch MAF
Wingspeed Decat pipe
Powerflow backbox with oval tailpipe
Boost upped to around 20psi
Custom Reidy Remap - RR'd at 158bhp (now the MAF has deteriorated a bit it's probably running slightly less but its a lot less smokey!)

Has anyone got thoughts as to whether this can be a reliable set up?

p_b82
25-03-11, 02:07 PM
that car sounds very familiar from .org... and with it being 158bhp i think it is a streetwise? or if not a ZR :)

it is a good spec and pending on price you are getting all the 'cheap' mods done already...

You may find the car a touch smokey at that level of remap on the OE turbo when you have it off boost or under WOT.

And to actually answer your question it should be yes.

the donny pipe\inlet manifolld and charge pipe help the air a bit better. the roose hoses are OE silicone upgrades.

the decat is a 'wingy' and fit for purpose.

boost should be 19PSI (they should have known better :laugh:)

but ultimately it should be reliable. keep an eye out on coolant levels as if any will go it will be the HG... ask what miles it has done since the SDI's were fitted and remapped and how much full throttle has been used. I am not expecting anything un-toward but curious :)

(mine has done 20K since it was heavily tuned and popped two gaskets in that time)

daveronimo
25-03-11, 04:38 PM
I think it's done 20k, from one of the bits of damage from hopping over a humpback bridge it sounds like it's been driven fairly hard.

It is a streetwise

ramdonice
25-03-11, 05:25 PM
think it sound likes bens

nice motor if it is

p_b82
27-03-11, 03:01 PM
then I know the car in question seen it in the flesh a few times on forum meets.

Nothing gasket related i know about and yes it is not treated with kid gloves (unlike mine).

should be a good car if the price is right.