PDA

View Full Version : well, just got back from Santa Pod.......

Mr ZS180
27-03-11, 08:47 PM
...... some good things about the day but also some bad. I will start with the bad:

Went to leave at quarter to 4, just got home. shouldav taken 90 mins max. apparently there were a lot of complaints from the locals the night before, so the police were out in force. then someone crashed into the maingate meaning they wanted to breathalyse everyone. Coupled with a massive crash on the M1 meant that it took me 5 hours to get home!!

Also i ran disappointing times but will come to this.

Fireforce wouldnt work so no jet car!

My times:

Run 1 - took it gently as never thrashed the car before and wanted to make sure it didnt die - ran a 15.9

Run 2 - wheelspin from the line, run felt better, timing equipment fail, no time!

Run 3 - Perfect launch, pulling away from a Civic type R, wouldnt go into 3rd, killed run!!

Run 4 - perfect launch again, would not go into 2nd, or 3rd, swore menacingly at gearstick, selected 4th, cruised the strip and crossed the line after 26 secs at 45mph!!

Annoying that these runs were wasted but.....

One good thing is that i had a real confidence that the car wouldnt die by the end of the day, something I never had with my turbo'd cars and it feels stronger after a good ragging.

Looks like I need to sort out something to improve the gearchange on my car now!

Wasnt a bad day but coulda been much better

Andy Nichols was racing there though so it was nice to see his rover still going strong!

Supercharged_Z
27-03-11, 08:59 PM
nice one.

trust me you wont kill a kv6 at pod, its neigh on impossible i think, when i had my supercharged car with std internals it took over 150 runs, plus a load of runs as a nasp.

i even had it pop out of gear once and it rev'd to 8k on the counter. still all fine