PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

white.pony91
30-03-11, 08:38 PM
Evening all.

I've recently stripped out my zed and now it's sitting like a tractor on the standard suspension and I would like to lower it. I've looked at the motobuild springs but I would like to go lower than that so I've been looking into coilovers on a budget.
This is what leads me onto my question. I've read around about Honda Civic coilovers and the possibility of fitting them onto a zs, but never found a solid answer. I have seen a member on here who has these on his MK1, the gentleman with the blue zs with orange wheels.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RACELAND-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-KIT-HONDA-CIVIC-91-00-/110661086737?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c3ea2e11#ht_1419wt_1139

How ever, would they fit onto a MK2 120?
Or could anyone recommend anything similar?

Cheers in advance.
Mike.

Mr ZS180
30-03-11, 08:43 PM
Try to find out who makes the motobuild springs as everything they sell is made by someone else and they rebadge it and mark it up.

Personally I wouldnt buy anything from them unless it definitely cant be bought anywhere else but thats just my opinion!!

As for the Civic question, I think the MK1 and MK2 use the same suspension dont they, only the dervs and 180s need different, but I could be wrong!

white.pony91
30-03-11, 08:49 PM
I had a feeling that the suspension was the same on the mk1 and mk2.
May have to get in contact with a few people and find out for definite.

dida4g
31-03-11, 06:31 AM
Suspension is the same for R400, R45, Mk1, Mk2 and Civic 5door.
The only difference as said is the weight of the engine.
On my old derv R400 I had standard shocks and lowered springs from a Civic dohc 1.8VTI, the ride was really good imo.
The chassis code for the Civic is MB6 so have a search. (mb6 springs/suspension)

A few people I know and read about have used the Raceland coilovers, opinion is 50/50.

gsinclairzs
31-03-11, 08:10 AM
Try to find out who makes the motobuild springs as everything they sell is made by someone else and they rebadge it and mark it up.

Personally I wouldnt buy anything from them unless it definitely cant be bought anywhere else but thats just my opinion!!

As for the Civic question, I think the MK1 and MK2 use the same suspension dont they, only the dervs and 180s need different, but I could be wrong!

Motobuilds springs for the 110 and 120 are made by P.I. and are really just civic springs. The also dont sit correctly..........

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15527