PDA

View Full Version : whoops...

Boot Hill Bandit
24-10-07, 06:44 PM
Here is what needed replacement after my little 'rally jump' in Norway.

Had both of the trailing arm bushes replaced today at Executive Motoring Services as well as the 4 wheel alignment.

All seems to be handling nicely now and the car seems a lot less nervous.

Here are the remains :rofl:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/SUSPENSION1.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/SUSPENSION2.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/SUSPENSION3.jpg

Smitten Jim

Craig
24-10-07, 08:05 PM
lol that looks ever so slightly goosed mate, nevermind, i0 msure it was worth it

Boot Hill Bandit
24-10-07, 08:43 PM
Yep serves me right for speeding and driving like a Bandit.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry......I need to save the pennies now leading up to Christmas and the New Year......so no more risk taking I think......I reckon I will garage the ZS over winter now bringing her out for the Kent Meets and for Karen over New Years and thats it.

Smitten Jim

arwilson80
24-10-07, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure where that goes, but it sure is a bit rusty... 'Needed replacing anway' is the excuse i'd be using. ;)

Boot Hill Bandit
24-10-07, 09:00 PM
Rear trailing arm bushes.........they sit towards the front of the rear wheelarch area and fit inside the trailing arms.

The one in pieces is the left rear one iirc and the one slightly mis shaped is the right rear one......

On my rally style jump I guess the already rusty parts just gave out on the right rear when I landed heavily. Hence the very nervous feel of the car since that incident.

When cash permits I will replace the dampers and springs as well to freshen the car up a bit more, probably with some coil overs.

Karen did warn me numerous times to slow down during my stay but I can't help but enjoy driving the car so fast :p I have learnt my lesson now though and will be cruising about when I take the ZS out in future.

Smitten Jim

stamford
24-10-07, 09:01 PM
Where's the car been parked? In the sea!

That is pretty well worn and rusted.

RalphG
24-10-07, 09:06 PM
Trailing arm bush...

arwilson80
24-10-07, 09:08 PM
When you are in the country where some of the fastest rally roads are you CANNOT drive slow.... Just save a few £ here and there to cover these little mishaps. :p

Boot Hill Bandit
24-10-07, 09:10 PM
Where's the car been parked? In the sea!

That is pretty well worn and rusted.

It's all sorted out now though dude! The ZS feels so god damn tight and sexy too as I drove her back home :D

Smitten Jim

RalphG
24-10-07, 09:12 PM
I assume that you're talking about the car... :bounce:

arwilson80
24-10-07, 09:13 PM
I hope so too... :p

mattie007
24-10-07, 09:13 PM
Did a similar rally jump on a back road tonight! :bounce: Very fun when in mid air, but the landing was very hard! Car feels fine though........ for now!
Must of lifted the car about 2 foot off the ground! I just forgot how steep the little bridge was :rambo:

Boot Hill Bandit
24-10-07, 09:14 PM
When you are in the country where some of the fastest rally roads are you cANNOT drive slow.... Just save a few £ here and there to cover these little mishaps. :p

Well said dude :D The ZS came and conquered Norway........and when she goes back it may be on a more permanant basis! I can set up EMS - Norway for all of our 3 new customers :rofl:

The roads out there are so damn cool. I can just imagine closing them off and having a proper rally stage on them........ :clap2:

Smitten Jim

arwilson80
24-10-07, 09:16 PM
Did a similar rally jump on a back road tonight! :bounce: Very fun when in mid air, but the landing was very hard! Car feels fine though........ for now!
Must of lifted the car about 2 foot off the ground! I just forgot how steep the little bridge was :rambo:

Wait until it happens when you aren't expecting it and the back end gets 'kicked' towards the verge....

Boot Hill Bandit
24-10-07, 09:17 PM
I assume that you're talking about the car... :bounce:

Oh bollocks :blush: yes that didn't quite come out right did it :slap: :blush: I was talking about the car.

Smitten Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
24-10-07, 09:24 PM
Wait until it happens when you aren't expecting it and the back end gets 'kicked' towards the verge....

The trick is not to move the steering wheel and not to brake at the crest of the jump........doing so will cause the car to 'nose' into the tarmac......

Plus.......I wouldn't brake as you land........that will cause the car to swerve.......either back off the throttle or add some as you land.......luckily I saved mine just about.

Damage was......

Sump very scraped, towing lashes ground down quite a lot, two rubber trailing arm bushes broken/worn/fell apart and car needing wheels re-aligning.

It could have been worse.......I could have cracked the sump as well meaning my £200 engine I sold would have been even more handy had I not sold it.......ah well........my ZS survived another day :D

Smitten Jim

arwilson80
24-10-07, 09:37 PM
I've found that the secret to almost everything is not to break, and keep the power on.... :blink: I've got 'air' enough times now that it no longer phases me...:blush:

Leasky
24-10-07, 11:26 PM
damm you defo know how to brake things lol

stamford
25-10-07, 07:25 AM
Many years ago when Kathy was carrying our first born, she was two weeks overdue and would not let it go. There was this really nice hump-back bridge nearby, so..................I used to launch my car over this to try and start her off!

God, that was fun! That was in my old HSX Chevette, proper rally car!

Needless to say it didn't work, but god dam was it good!

Boot Hill Bandit
25-10-07, 05:12 PM
:rofl:

That's cruel but funny hehe!

stamford
25-10-07, 10:09 PM
Yea, but the real funny thing is that Laura, my eldest, doesn't like that bridge even today, she has memories of it! :laugh:

arwilson80
30-05-08, 12:34 PM
Jim... I think we have a 'Rally Jump' club? :blush:

I did 2 on Sunday. Oops! 1st one i knew the yump was there, but the 2nd one was a surprise and worse than the first one. 40-50mph doesn't seem that fast on the road but it just goes to show what one of those things can do.

Boot Hill Bandit
30-05-08, 11:00 PM
Jim... I think we have a 'Rally Jump' club? :blush:

I did 2 on Sunday. Oops! 1st one i knew the yump was there, but the 2nd one was a surprise and worse than the first one. 40-50mph doesn't seem that fast on the road but it just goes to show what one of those things can do.

You better get your tracking checked and the wheel bearings and the trailing arm bushes...........if you haven't damaged or knocked one of those out I will be surprised!!!

Jim