PDA

View Full Version : A lick of paint

white.pony91
04-04-11, 07:20 PM
So today me and a friend made a slight change to the Zed, but I'm quite happy with the result :)
I've always wanted the bit under the grille to be wrapped in black, like some people have done before, but never really been sure where to get it done professionally. So we braved being complete wusses and tried it ourselves with some primer, spray paint and lacquer. A shed load of masking tape and news paper later, this is how it turned out.

Taken on my phone so isn't the best picture in the world. I'll try and get some decent ones taken soon.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/whitepony91/IMAG0116.jpg

Also, after a good two minutes learning how to use Microsoft Paint to develop my professional looking editing skills..:sorry:.. this is what I would like it to look like next.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/whitepony91/LowEdit.jpg

Yampiedog
04-04-11, 07:34 PM
I am considering the black mesh, just got to get my arse into gear. Looks good. I also want black wheels. I think you sould get a professional to do the wheels though judging by your Microsoft Paint skills :D

white.pony91
04-04-11, 07:36 PM
I am considering the black mesh, just got to get my arse into gear. Looks good.

Cheers man. Looks a lot better just spraying the mesh black, wasn't difficult to do, just a pain to mask the rest of the car up. Worth doing though if you've got a spare half an hour or so.
Haha, I've literally no idea how to do anything when it comes to photo editing.

lawrence-zs180
04-04-11, 07:41 PM
looking good dude... there was a set of black hair pins on ebay not so long ago and i think they didnt sell.. and I cant find them haha

white.pony91
04-04-11, 07:45 PM
I'd love some black straights. Mine have to nab yours when you're working Lawrence.

lawrence-zs180
04-04-11, 07:52 PM
dammit now im gonna have to chain my kp to them so you cant nick em haha

white.pony91
04-04-11, 08:02 PM
Lol as much as I'd like some black straight, I'm happy with my TDs :)

Yampiedog
04-04-11, 08:51 PM
Cheers man. Looks a lot better just spraying the mesh black, wasn't difficult to do, just a pain to mask the rest of the car up. Worth doing though if you've got a spare half an hour or so.
Haha, I've literally no idea how to do anything when it comes to photo editing.

Would it not have been asier to remove the grill and bumper and take themesh off to spray them?
I am toying with the idea of buying some black mesh and cutting it and replacing the priginal mesh...

peterzs
04-04-11, 10:49 PM
Looks good, a few more stone chips and I think my one will be getting the treatment.

:clap::clap::clap:

white.pony91
05-04-11, 10:41 AM
Would it not have been asier to remove the grill and bumper and take themesh off to spray them?
I am toying with the idea of buying some black mesh and cutting it and replacing the priginal mesh...

It probably would have been yes, but would have taken longer to take it all apart and put it back together again. Did try and do it with the bonnet grille but couldn't work out how to get the mesh off the grille itself.

Leigh_EvoIX
05-04-11, 11:01 AM
I like!!

I took mine all apart when I repainted mine. Wasn't too difficult. When I had the bumper off I wrapped the bottom lip with matt black vinyl. Looked good!!!

white.pony91
05-04-11, 11:08 AM
I like!!

I took mine all apart when I repainted mine. Wasn't too difficult. When I had the bumper off I wrapped the bottom lip with matt black vinyl. Looked good!!!

Thanks man. I've seen a few people do it to their cars. It's cool how such a small change makes it look so much better.

Andyf
05-04-11, 06:26 PM
Looks great, I like the idea of doing that plus a carbon fibre wrap on the rear spoiler.

white.pony91
06-04-11, 06:02 PM
Cheers. I have been toying with the idea of getting my spoiler wrapped, but I'm not sure at the moment.