PDA

View Full Version : Bumper clips

MGZS55
25-10-07, 10:25 AM
I've gone and dunted it! :no:

I'm looking for two of the white bumper alignment clips that fit between the bumper and the rear quarter panel on the passenger side of a MKII ZS.

Anyone got any or can point me in the direction of the bumper alignment clips that fit between the bumper and the rear quarter panel on the passenger side of a MKII ZS superstore? (there seems to be every other type of shop in Livingston but the one you need)!

PM or reply is great :bow:

RalphG
25-10-07, 06:05 PM
I think the part number you need is DQG000240.

KevG
25-10-07, 07:05 PM
I have 4 used ones, but they don't have the steel clip!

Maxxed_Ross
25-10-07, 08:13 PM
are these the same bits I need Kev?

KevG
25-10-07, 08:32 PM
They are indeed Sir!!

sduk
25-10-07, 09:17 PM
the same bits you got me? :D

MGZS55
26-10-07, 08:24 PM
I have 4 used ones, but they don't have the steel clip!

I still have the steel clips from the old ones.

I had a ickle bump :oops: and the old clips got a bit....distorted :crazy:.

The end of the clip that holds them onto the body panel has bust off, do you think if I got a hold of 2 of your used ones I'd be able to insert the steel clips from mine? If so, lets talk cash...:bounce:

KevG
26-10-07, 08:44 PM
If your gonna do that, then may I suggest that you do the sheddist fix on xpf for saggy bumper syndrome.

You will need:

M6 x 16 Stainless Steel Button Screws
M6 Stainless Steel Penny Washers
M6 Stainless Steel Washers
M6 Stainless Steel Full Nuts or Nylock Nuts

And if you want I'll meet you and we can do the fix!

Just my time for doing the fix, is all I require.

MGZS55
26-10-07, 09:54 PM
I'm confused...happens easily...why the need for the nuts and washers etc? The two 'bumper alignment thingys' don't appear to have any screws/washers or owt else...just a white plastic lump with a v shaped metal clip on one side that the bumper sits in and a protruding bit on the opposite side that sticks through the bodywork with no return catches, it's the no return catches that are broken on my existing clips. The only screw I see is the one that goes up through the arch part of the bumper into the arch of the car (btw the hole that this screw passes through before being attached to the car is busted) but I have a cunning plan for that! Are we talking about the same bit?

I have a feeling some pics may be required :hmmm:

Maxxed_Ross
27-10-07, 11:47 AM
we should have a bumper fixing session lol

KevG
27-10-07, 09:21 PM
The reason for the nuts and washers is for the problem that Mk2 ZS Saloons have. The bumper can sag, this is because the metal clips dont grip the bumper properly, thus giving the so-called bumper sag and bulge, with nuts and washers this cures the problem and also gives the bumper some adjustment too.

ZS180V6
27-10-07, 09:50 PM
What is the sheddist fix ?

KevG
27-10-07, 10:08 PM
The afore mentioned!

Smokey
27-10-07, 10:23 PM
I want to do this too very soon...whats the cost of the above shopping list Kev?