PDA

View Full Version : southern meet ideas..

lawrence-zs180
16-04-11, 06:12 PM
couldn't work out if I should put this here or in the events section.. since its only ideas its going in here.

James (talkingcars) and I have been chatting about the idea of doing a run from a meet point to 'my' pub and then having a bbq on Saturday 23rd July.
There are several start points to chose from which I will post up a poll for..
1) Wisley Common (jct 10 M25/A3) 2) Godstone (jct 6 of M25/A22) 3) Compton (A3 south of Guildford) or possibly Liphook or Hindhead.
From there James can work a route out etc

There is also some talk on here about people staying in the area so when I have a free 5 mins I will find out the prices from the local camping and b+b places.

Its mental here at the min so I might be a bit slow on getting back on questions etc at the min.

Date prov set for Saturday 3rd September

peterzs
16-04-11, 06:39 PM
Plus a Southampton/Portsmouth meeting point.

I can do a Fantastic Magical Mystery Tour, no charge, 10 miles of unspoilt countryside, only go pass walkers, who stare and point at 3 TY ZS's zooming by. Across a single span, rickety bridge thats got "Unsafe Bridge" on big signs either side. And we arrive shaken and stirred, ready for a nice drink and good food.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Taphouse
16-04-11, 07:14 PM

I can do a Fantastic Magical Mystery Tour, no charge, 10 miles of unspoilt countryside, only go pass walkers, who stare and point at 3 TY ZS's zooming by. Across a single span, rickety bridge thats got "Unsafe Bridge" on big signs either side. And we arrive shaken and stirred, ready for a nice drink and good food.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

I was thinking about a Hampshire meet just this morning, at the empress blandings.

A run from Sussex to and around the new forest could be cool picking up people along the way, could run a long the downs, or at least stick to the B roads, I love driving back to Chichester from Southampton on those roads.

Or another idea, combine with the goodwood breakfast club, on the first sunday of the month, I believe some people go for a blast over the downs after that too.

Unsure on the date though as it's my dads birthdays, I better check ahead, incase he has got something planned, before I get to carried away.

white.pony91
16-04-11, 07:32 PM
I'm up for coming to that if I'm not working. I'm not far from Guildford.
Or if there's any Hampshire meets arranged.

Squeaks
16-04-11, 08:18 PM
Can I come in the F? lol

peterzs
16-04-11, 08:27 PM
Empress Blandings pub is good, large car park, plus the owner doesn't mind keeping a few tables, if he knows numbers etc.

We are off to Brighton tomorrow, so passing Goodwood and just touching the edge of the Downs.

:):):)

lawrence-zs180
16-04-11, 10:00 PM
you going to the Jag thing at sea front Pete?

talkingcars
16-04-11, 11:43 PM

We are at the very early stages of planning the whole thing, it might be possible to meet at say Wisley, and then run down the A3.

........Or another idea, combine with the goodwood breakfast club, on the first sunday of the month, I believe some people go for a blast over the downs after that too.....

Unfortunatly we are limited on dates this year as there are several other events that would dilute numbers. However it would be a wicked way to finish a night before so 1 to save in the memory banks for 2012.

Can I come in the F? lol

It's yellow so of course.....

magpie67
17-04-11, 10:46 AM
couldn't work out if I should put this here or in the events section.. since its only ideas its going in here.

James (talkingcars) and I have been chatting about the idea of doing a run from a meet point to 'my' pub and then having a bbq on Saturday 23rd July.
There are several start points to chose from which I will post up a poll for..
1) Wisley Common (jct 10 M25/A3) 2) Godstone (jct 6 of M25/A22) 3) Compton (A3 south of Guildford) or possibly Liphook or Hindhead.
From there James can work a route out etc

There is also some talk on here about people staying in the area so when I have a free 5 mins I will find out the prices from the local camping and b+b places.

Its mental here at the min so I might be a bit slow on getting back on questions etc at the min.

23rd july ? isn't that the day before ZedTen at Duxford ?

Although i'm not local (anymore) to the proposed South meet, was born in Winchester, lived in Basingstoke, i have relatives in the Pompey area, so the South meet would've been ideal to get a visit in at the same time as a meet !!! :clap:

Perhaps a convoy up to ZedTen on the 24th !!!!

daytona365
17-04-11, 11:34 AM
It is the day before the ZEDTEN, so that means I cant make the bbq..............:(:(

peterzs
17-04-11, 07:40 PM
Hi Lawrence, no it was a trade off with the wife, she went with me to Pride of Longbridge, so I took her to a Doll Show at Brighton Racecourse.

Then round the Lanes, ice cream down on the front, certainly different from Bournemouth!!!

Did see one, XK150 with a 2011 London Brighton plaque, looked like he was lost in the back streets and waiting to be car jacked.

Did see a lot of MG's in and around Arundel, going to Squeaks picnic meet.

:icecream::icecream::icecream: :happy2::happy2:

starfire039
19-04-11, 12:57 AM
Hm, looks like I'll actually be able to attend if it's in July. I will have my ZS back on the road at the end of may :D

talkingcars
20-04-11, 10:25 PM
23rd july ? isn't that the day before ZedTen at Duxford ?
.................snip............
Perhaps a convoy up to ZedTen on the 24th !!!!

I like that idea, we could arrange a meeting point, say junction 6 of M25 for people not staying over after BBQ.

magpie67
22-04-11, 11:30 AM
I like that idea, we could arrange a meeting point, say junction 6 of M25 for people not staying over after BBQ.

sounds like a plan :shifty:

talkingcars
11-05-11, 09:18 PM
so who's interested in just the BBQ?

peterzs
11-05-11, 09:25 PM
Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeaks
11-05-11, 09:35 PM
Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

magpie67
11-05-11, 10:29 PM
interested in everthing :mml:

daytona365
12-05-11, 10:31 PM
Just ZED Ten, as it round the corner...............
ANy one from a far can use my pad as a watering hole..........

magpie67
17-05-11, 06:28 AM
What happening with regards Southern meet/barbecue,Zed Ten convoy ?

Do we have any solid ideas yet ?

Just wondering in case i need to book a b&b :mml:

peterzs
17-05-11, 03:18 PM
Waiting on Lawrence to have a look at his busy schedule, I think.

lawrence-zs180
17-05-11, 04:37 PM
Hi guys.. sorry its been forever I have been waiting on a few bookings and bits to get get finalised.
Right bad news.... the day where looking at using ie the 24th july have been booked for a wedding reception, they have the whole pub and it kicks off at 1pm so where going to have to move the date.. maybe september like the first Saturday might be a idea should still be warm and sunny, let me know your thoughts guys.

talkingcars
17-05-11, 06:54 PM
I'd be up for that weekend.

lawrence-zs180
17-05-11, 07:07 PM
nice one dude... was gonna pm you but ran out of time this arvo

talkingcars
17-05-11, 07:39 PM
On the Sunday the MGOC are promoting
Sun 04th
SOUTH DOWNS RUN. Ever popular run through the new South Downs National Park from Chichester to finish on the lawns at Eastbourne. Email southdowns2011@gmail.com for details and entry form. Costs ?17 per car. Tel: 01903 261267

Chicester is only a short drive from the pub so people could make a weekend of it.

peterzs
17-05-11, 08:17 PM
We could do our own South Downs Run, meet up somewhere, have a run and end up at Lawrence's pub.

Could even give the "official" run a wave if we meet them on the road and it wouldn't cost ?17, just a bit of fuel.

Any date is OK with me, to be honest.

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

talkingcars
17-05-11, 08:52 PM
We could do our own South Downs Run, meet up somewhere, have a run and end up at Lawrence's pub.

Could even give the "official" run a wave if we meet them on the road and it wouldn't cost ?17, just a bit of fuel.

Any date is OK with me, to be honest.

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

The plan is to do our own run on the Saturday, possibly with a couple of meeting points on route, have the BBQ and then those staying to do so, the south downs run is then just down the road for those who want to the following day.

lawrence-zs180
17-05-11, 10:00 PM
sounds good to me... having the bbq built in the nxt few weeks to :Smile:

starfire039
17-05-11, 10:12 PM
I'm up for this if it happens before I return to uni, which is early September! Think the weekend after this is planned.

lawrence-zs180
17-05-11, 10:14 PM
ok cool I will book saturday 3rd september for the meet.

peterzs
18-05-11, 06:46 AM
:band::band::band:

magpie67
18-05-11, 07:38 PM
sounds canny to me :yoji:

Squeaks
18-05-11, 09:16 PM
cool, Ill book it off, will be in the F though unless Ive found a 110 by then :)