PDA

View Full Version : window tinting

l18mnb
17-04-11, 04:02 PM
had my windows tinted today by TECHNIQUE TINTING, hes done a quality job to be fair, cost me ?80 for 5 windows, limo black on the back three and light smoke on the front two.

daytona365
17-04-11, 04:17 PM
had my windows tinted today by TECHNIQUE TINTING, hes done a quality job to be fair, cost me ?80 for 5 windows, limo black on the back three and light smoke on the front two.

Its leaked onto your rear spolier lol...........Apart from that a good job.

magpie67
17-04-11, 04:37 PM
niiiiiiice !!

Mr ZS180
17-04-11, 05:18 PM

That is an incredible price mate. :ohmy:

Where is he based? I want to get mine done!!

Car looks awesome btw. Loving the yellow black theme. Autobots are a nice touch too!!

BUCKYDEVIL
17-04-11, 05:18 PM
Looks really good, BADASS ZS !!

Ritchy
17-04-11, 05:26 PM
looking good, hoping it doesnt have pubes in it like marcus's:P

Mr ZS180
17-04-11, 05:27 PM

???????? Tell tell!!!!

Marky Mark
17-04-11, 06:20 PM
Love the window tints, looks nice and stealthy now, loving the rear smoked lights, a nice touch mate :clap:

SheppeyTrio
17-04-11, 06:20 PM
Looking good m8!! Where are they from? i want my rear windows done on the Veccy!!

But, watch out for the :police:, they could get you to remove the tint off the front windows because anything over factory fitted tint is illegal!!

Dan1971
17-04-11, 06:27 PM
Nice .....

Mr ZS180
17-04-11, 06:38 PM
Looking good m8!! Where are they from? i want my rear windows done on the Veccy!!

But, watch out for the :police:, they could get you to remove the tint off the front windows because anything over factory fitted tint is illegal!!

i thought a 25% light smoke on the front was legal?

BUCKYDEVIL
17-04-11, 06:44 PM

HAHAHA !! Cheers Ritchy.
Yip it looks like ive got a big belter of a suspicious curly hair stuck between the window and tint film..
Wonder if the guy done it whilst he was in the scud ?

Mr ZS180
17-04-11, 06:50 PM
HAHAHA !! Cheers Ritchy.
Yip it looks like ive got a big belter of a suspicious curly hair stuck between the window and tint film..
Wonder if the guy done it whilst he was in the scud ?

Haven't you seen the new Channel 4 docu 'The Naked Tinter'?

peterzs
17-04-11, 06:59 PM
Look good, great price, do go well with yellow.

;);)

BUCKYDEVIL
17-04-11, 07:01 PM
Haven't you seen the new Channel 4 docu 'The Naked Tinter'?

No but I seen the one about the guy's who humped motors..
Just hope my ZS wasnt abused after I dropped it of.
did have a wonderfull shine for a while ???

KevG
17-04-11, 07:58 PM
The TY cars suit the windows tinted, and I see that the yellow site stickers taken pride of place, I know yellow would look good :)

l18mnb
17-04-11, 08:45 PM
thanks all,

the guy is based in leicester but he travelled to me in northampton to do mine and my ol mans shitroen, then he was going to derby to do a zt, so im guessing he travells, you can find him on ebay, google, or gumtree or so he said anyways! i got his number from ebay though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/proffesional-mobile-car-window-tinting-tint-service-/110676293227?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c4d2366b

lifetime garauntee for as long as i own the car!!!

SheppeyTrio
17-04-11, 09:55 PM
i thought a 25% light smoke on the front was legal?

I think it's actually 30% but if you've added tint to it, it's already got a manufacturers tint on it so it'll prob be more than 30%! Just warning you, ask Peterzs he's had a brush with the law about it!!

daytona365
17-04-11, 10:00 PM
I think it's actually 30% but if you've added tint to it, it's already got a manufacturers tint on it so it'll prob be more than 30%! Just warning you, ask Peterzs he's had a brush with the law about it!!

You get away with it, by telling the officers, that they are blind as bats, so they wouldnt know the difference between clear and fully black. You will get let off the tint, but may get done for abuse instead .........

andys1981
17-04-11, 10:36 PM
does look good,i didnt get away with my tints in (my corsa)it was light smoke all round,tryed to argue,but i got a 10 day prohibition notice on the 9th day i had to go to vosa in livingston to get them retested they were illegal,had to take the front ones off there and then,bargain price aswell,im getting quoted 130 just for the back 3 windows in the zr!

peterzs
18-04-11, 09:00 AM
Must be a Scottish thing, had darkish tints on the front, no probs down here for 2 years.

Went up to Scotland and got pulled, north of Loch Lomond, said it was a ?60 fine 3 points, and the car couldn't move. In the end, said, or you can remove front tints now, and that's it. So tried to get the tints off, wouldn't budge, asked the policeman to help, he couldn't move it either.

One thing in all my years I've learnt, no matter what, always be polite and respectful to the police, they are only doing their job and can have off days.

Anyway, he said oops, cant let you drive on, wife said we are on holiday, so in the end he said, you drive off that way and I'm going the other. Nice chap and shook hands with him.

Back home was going to have the dark tints taken off, so dropped it off, went to pick it up and thought it looked OK. Guy said he hadn't put any tints back on, because of the film remover might have affected the new tints. Left it, as he said you cant legally tint fronts.

Just don't go on holiday up to Scotland in it!!!

:wave:

archermav
18-04-11, 09:20 AM
I'm a kill joy I know, but those front tints are way too dark mate, have to let 70% of light pass through. No way will those do that. Just a polite heads up, as it will cost you ?60 should you get pulled.

Leigh_EvoIX
18-04-11, 09:53 AM
I'm looking at getting light tints on the Evo and ?80 is cheap.

Do you know what film they use? Also are you completely happy with it? I've had my last 2 cars done and was never 100% happy. Close up on the rear screen there were some small bubbles the size of a pin head.... Do you have this problem?

l18mnb
18-04-11, 10:24 AM
I'm looking at getting light tints on the Evo and ?80 is cheap.

Do you know what film they use? Also are you completely happy with it? I've had my last 2 cars done and was never 100% happy. Close up on the rear screen there were some small bubbles the size of a pin head.... Do you have this problem?

i think it was called OPTICOOL, yes im happy with it, there were a few bubbles in it wen he finnished but he said they would dry out and from the sun yesterday they have, my dad had his done and was well happy with his too, plus he said weve got a garauntee for as long as we own the cars anyways and any problems just ring and he will sort them out

and the front tints look alot darker in the pics than they actually are, but hell i will take the chance with the :police:

Leigh_EvoIX
18-04-11, 10:33 AM
Cool thanks, may get in touch. Did you get discount for having 2 cars done? I've always had all round tints and luckily not had any problems. I have on occasions flicked the front widows down when going past traffic officers and VOSA inspections :D

l18mnb
18-04-11, 10:38 AM
not really a discount, he said his ebay ad was an offer cause he needed the work to come in after such a bad winter.
and dropping the windows down is something i will deffo consider lol

andys1981
18-04-11, 11:04 AM
i had both my windows down that night,it was about -5 at the time,told me to pull in,then he came up and sayed windows up son,a was like arrrgghhh,they were on a mission that night right enough lol

peterzs
18-04-11, 03:16 PM
Like when we got pulled, he drove past and I saw him do a U turn, blue lights came on, and over we went!!!!

Must have been on a drive to get rid I reckon.

Andyf
18-04-11, 03:36 PM
They look great with the yellow, i'd remove the fronts though. Depending how dark they are depends on how you get dealt with, from a telling off to going to court for dangerous driving due to the condition of the car. I was also told by our Road Safety officers who deal with tints alot that 6 points for a 'dangerous' offence such as tints or carrying too many people is all it takes to lose your licence.

It shouldn't be the worry of being caught that makes you want to remove them. Think why the law is there, so you can have a clear view of the road. would you tint your windscreen to that level? What would happen if you don't spot a child on a push bike with no lights one night and pull out on them? I have been to a nasty accident with a motorcycle and a mini with illegally tinted front windows.

I hope this doesn't come across as me moaning or lecturing you as that is not my intention, i'm just telling you about my experiences/thoughts so feel free to ignore them!

You may fall in to the 'words of advice' level and not even get a ticket but I personally wouldn't risk any illegal tint on my windows just in case!

starfire039
18-04-11, 04:20 PM
A guy in Wickford, Essex will do the rear end for ?90, ?150 front and back. Quite popular on the focusowners forum.... I'll be taking mine there soon, if anything, to try and reduce the heat in the car as I have no A/C. :)

07961542533 for anyone that's interested.

Leigh_EvoIX
18-04-11, 04:26 PM
They look great with the yellow, i'd remove the fronts though. Depending how dark they are depends on how you get dealt with, from a telling off to going to court for dangerous driving due to the condition of the car. I was also told by our Road Safety officers who deal with tints alot that 6 points for a 'dangerous' offence such as tints or carrying too many people is all it takes to lose your licence.

It shouldn't be the worry of being caught that makes you want to remove them. Think why the law is there, so you can have a clear view of the road. would you tint your windscreen to that level? What would happen if you don't spot a child on a push bike with no lights one night and pull out on them? I have been to a nasty accident with a motorcycle and a mini with illegally tinted front windows.

I hope this doesn't come across as me moaning or lecturing you as that is not my intention, i'm just telling you about my experiences/thoughts so feel free to ignore them!

You may fall in to the 'words of advice' level and not even get a ticket but I personally wouldn't risk any illegal tint on my windows just in case!

Rubbish!! Should we not wear sun glasses either then?? What if you reverse over the child because of your rear tints?? Oh that's ok your allowed rears done!! Anyway you can see through tints easily. It's just the po po want to be able to see in.

Andyf
18-04-11, 05:02 PM
The legislation was brought in following a fatal collision where tinted windows were to blame, not 'rubbish' in my opinion.

Vans and lorries don't have any windows behind the driver so there is no problem tinting the rears on a car. I see what you mean though.

As I said, I wasn't lecturing anyone I was mearly giving advice from another point of view. If you think it's rubbish and only done so the police can see then fine but don't be surprised if you have a minor accident and rather than get a driver improvement scheme you find yourself off to court to tell the magistrates why you got it done.