PDA

View Full Version : My faith in mankind is restored!

mattie007
17-04-11, 08:43 PM
Driving home from Donington Park today and we all decided to call in at a village pub.
Anyway, I lock the car as normal and proceed to the inn.
Get back to the car and the keyfob won't unlock the car.
After 20 minutes of trying I give up and now starting to panic that I'm 40 miles from home...
Bear in mind it's a Sunday evening in a tiny village. The barman told me there was a tesco petrol station 3 miles away and it might sell batteries. So off I run, only to discover they sell every battery except the one I need!
It's now dark and with no 3G signal I can't even ask you guys for help!
Just about to phone the AA (my membership ran out 3 days ago) when I spotted a Rover 400 on someone's drive. I knocked the door and this ex army chap was more than helpful in lending me his battery!
Got it going and he wouldn't even take a tip. Top man.
Stress over! Rover to the rescue!

KevG
17-04-11, 08:46 PM
What was wrong opening the car with the key?, I gather you don't keep the EKA code with the car OR haver a spare battery in the glove box?

mattie007
17-04-11, 08:51 PM
I'd locked it with the fob but it wouldnt open with it. Must of been nearly dead when it locked it! When I opened it with the key and tried to start it all I got was a bleep!
The EKA code didn't come with the car, so I've never known what it is!
I'll keep a battery there in future!
Does it need reprogramming?

KevG
17-04-11, 08:55 PM
I'd locked it with the fob but it wouldnt open with it. Must of been nearly dead when it locked it! When I opened it with the key and tried to start it all I got was a bleep!
The EKA code didn't come with the car, so I've never known what it is!
I'll keep a battery there in future!
Does it need reprogramming?

Just re-syncing, press the lock and unlock buttons 4 times IIRC in succession.

mattie007
18-04-11, 11:46 AM
Thanks, will try it later.