PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Bobdope2002
21-04-11, 03:37 PM
You all probs already know this but dont ever accept the renewal qoute

was originally qouted over a grand for my car (erm i dont think so) which was more than what i was paying on the 180

did a bit of shopping around bounced off a few other companies and got my insurers down to ?600 so i snapped theyre hand off

i know ?600 for a 1.6 is REALLY EXPENSIVE and im expecting loads of "ooooo i pay ?505.9p" for insurance but sod it ?400 is a massive saving and im chuffed

what was all this BS that when ya turn 25 your insurance comes down a lot does it boot :laugh:

fastmike
21-04-11, 03:56 PM
Insurance has gone mad lately , I think they'er just jumping on the "lets screw everyone" bandwagon

Dave MGT
21-04-11, 04:16 PM
my renewl for the 180 with adrian flux was ?911 TPTT with limated miles!!
Ouch......

Peter Best just quoted me ?600 fully comp with UNLIMATED miles on a modern MG scheme!!! Also said they can do a multi car discount. So think I will give them a call when I need to insure the porsche and monty.

(I have 3 points on my licence
1 fault claim and 1 non fault claim. 25 years old)

Bobdope2002
21-04-11, 05:07 PM
its nuts tbh

we pay em money for nothing really if you dont claim in the year

thank gawd my monthly fuel bill has come down to stomach the cost of insurance

l18mnb
22-04-11, 02:28 PM
i just had the same, insurance renewal!! was with admiral last year ?665 fully comp up to 10,000 miles per year, they sent me a renewal price......?771???????? confused.com!!!!
im 26 with 3 yrs no claims, clean licence (not sure how lol) and mines a 180.

rang loads of places adrian flux, sky insurance, chris knott and not one of them could come near my renewal price. well over ?1000

went on auto trader compare website and got it for ?565 fully comp from elephant, admiral were about ?2 cheaper but i thought 'lets have a change' , only to be told by the lady at elephant that they are a sister company of admiral anyway!!

my opinion is theyre all in it to screw you over somehow and they always blame the ones with no insurance for premiums going up, never the fact they just wana commit daylight robbery!!!

caled
22-04-11, 02:44 PM
my opinion is theyre all in it to screw you over somehow and they always blame the ones with no insurance for premiums going up, never the fact they just wana commit daylight robbery!!!

They're in it to make a profit, as they have to, being a company with shareholders and all. It's not like we have much choice in that matter, either, as we're required to have car insurance by law.

The fact is, insurance premiums, or rather what they were a couple of years ago, will barely (if at all) cover the cost of payouts - the real money was made from your premium being invested in the stock market by the insurance companies, this is how they made their money. When the stock market took a nose dive, it left the insurance companies short - and the only way they could cover their outgoings is to increase our premiums. Add to that two winters where every BMW on the road spent 90% of its time going backwards and the other 10% embedded in someone elses car, and the fact that personal injury claims are up through the roof (who doesnt need some extra cash at the moment?), then it is innevitable that we all pay more for our insurance.

starfire039
22-04-11, 03:39 PM
Lol, my 120 is ?600 for 10 months.... gone down for me a lot! ?750 for a 180. My insurance seemed to be more expensive than everyone elses 3 years ago, now it's cheaper? Interesting....

stamford
23-04-11, 09:55 AM
I'll not comment too much as I am with Adrian Flux as well and pay around the ?500 mark for mine. I'll be expecting that to go up but live in hope that it won't!

Bobdope2002
23-04-11, 11:14 AM
just had the renewal letter through the post this morning

and according to the letter theyre still stating they want a 1000 for a 1,6 managed get through to the insurance company and theyre gonna ring me back within the hour

somehow i think im going to be changing insurance companies