PDA

View Full Version : car is finally mine=D

Ritchy
22-04-11, 08:20 PM
Woohooo after 3 years ive finally payed off my car, so some cheap motoring to be happening, only need to pay for petrol/ tax & parts for maintainance=D hopefully can start saving for a house now

Maxfly
22-04-11, 08:31 PM
Canna beat yer motor being 100% your own eh bud, enjoy :D

Dan1971
22-04-11, 08:34 PM
Good for you pal ....

BUCKYDEVIL
22-04-11, 08:34 PM
Nice one Ritchy, More money in your pocket every month now..
You intend to keep it then ?
Hope so..1.6 Bruvva...

Ritchy
22-04-11, 08:42 PM
ye its getting kept marcus, cant justify buying another car and i like it so no need to sell:)

peterzs
22-04-11, 08:47 PM
Well done Ritchy, be a better feeling giving the car a wash and a polish, knowing its all yours.

:happy2::happy2::happy2:

Ritchy
22-04-11, 09:33 PM
just got to get the body fixed n il be completely happy, so last bit of saving n all done :)

grimmy
22-04-11, 10:11 PM
Nice one,a great feeling when the last payment goes and you know it's yours.

Dan1971
23-04-11, 08:09 AM
just got to get the body fixed n il be completely happy, so last bit of saving n all done :)

You still got a lot to do ?

Ritchy
23-04-11, 08:30 AM
going to get a full respray when i get chance, can actually start saving for it properly now, then when i get a chance il fit the new gearbox flywheel ect ive got sitting, and redo the sub in the boot

stamford
23-04-11, 09:45 AM
Nice feeling eh. Now you can do some serious modding ;)

Ritchy
23-04-11, 09:49 AM
well nothing too outlandish i dont think, would like some new shocks all round and a new cat but other than getting it back to like new not wanting to change it too much:)

tb steve
23-04-11, 09:53 AM
start saving now for a house its just cost me near on 20k to move in :(

but it is nice when you pay the car off

Ritchy
23-04-11, 10:02 AM
got over 5k put aside just now for thee house so just keeping on adding to that as i can:) few months and my loan will be payed off too so thats another chunk of money back, then just need to pay off snap on...hate debt

Ritchy
27-05-11, 04:17 PM
finally got round to getting a quote for getting the car resprayed, ?1200 full respray bootlid repaired, rear quarter repaired, thats off a reputable bodyshop near me and he says thats a good job, needs the car for the week but told him i dont mind how long its there as long as its right at the end of it, so hopefully get that booked in tail end of the summer im thinking,
split mind whether to get a loan for 2k, get the new shocks, new set of tyres, buy a clutch and just fit my new gearbox and fly ect around the same time so it feels like new when its done...decision decisions

Captain Peanut
27-05-11, 04:24 PM
Well done for getting the car paid off, always hated not owning cars outright and is why I always buy something I can afford to pay cash for now.

Have you got quotes for a vinyl wrap instead of a respray? Would be interested to see how they compare and then gives you the option to change colours without too much hassle.

Ritchy
27-05-11, 04:26 PM
it really needs resprayed because of the rear quarter damage, plus im pretty fussy so id want all the engine bay inside of doors ect to be the same colour, it may happen in the future a different colour repray but id want to fully strip it to the shell for that

Bobdope2002
27-05-11, 05:01 PM
save your money dont take a loan out

ramdonice
27-05-11, 05:20 PM
save your money dont take a loan out

+1

cars aint worth it and you made this thread called car is finally mine :D and now you want to owe money on it again

ps. bound to get scratches and carpark dents anyway and that will really tick you off if you have it resprayed

BUCKYDEVIL
27-05-11, 05:32 PM
That sounds like a really good price for a full respray Ritchie.
If you really intend to keep her then Id say go for it and to hell with the money.

Ritchy
27-05-11, 05:33 PM
well it is getting resprayed just a uestion of whether im saving up for it or getting a loan lol, thinking it would be better to get it done before the winter to save the salt getting at the wounds again

talkingcars
27-05-11, 08:04 PM
You'll just have to save hard, like everyone else (almost) has said (including yourself) - avoid debt.

peterzs
28-05-11, 09:18 AM
Few HGF repairs at your place, Ritchy and you are there.

Better than giving your hard earned cash to some bank.

:bow::bow::bow:

BUCKYDEVIL
28-05-11, 10:10 AM
If your getting the respray why not think about getting the centre console & some interior colour matched to the exterior ?
Would brighten it up a bit and make it stand out more.

Ritchy
28-05-11, 12:56 PM
im trying to keep the grey theme inside..lool exiting i know:P got some new doorcards that i may get retrimmed in the future but that can wait for now,

Ritchy
10-06-11, 06:05 PM
hopefully gettin the car sprayed in the next couple of weeks:D new tyres and get a new cat made up for it(blowing), then get a clutch n fit the new box and fly then thatll be me happy with it again all going good

talkingcars
10-06-11, 06:30 PM
hopefully gettin the car sprayed in the next couple of weeks:D new tyres and get a new cat made up for it(blowing), then get a clutch n fit the new box and fly then thatll be me happy with it again all going good

Sounds good - how are you funding it?

Ritchy
10-06-11, 07:54 PM
Credit card, 6 months interest free so should be able to clear it in tht time