PDA

View Full Version : Headlamps

Boot Hill Bandit
26-10-07, 07:11 PM
Anyone got a price for some Rover 45 left hand drive headlamps??

Just curious as to what the cost will be. Keep my right hand drive car for ease of buying parts through Ralph but do the simple thing of changing to LHD headlamps.

Rover 45 ones to get clear indicators too which I think would look good on a solar red car.

Just thinking about it and whether it is possible to do this in the near future.

Thanks

Smitten Jim

arwilson80
26-10-07, 08:44 PM
Why on earth are you looking these? :whistle:

Wouldn't the headlamp convertor things be easier?

Boot Hill Bandit
26-10-07, 10:44 PM
Because moving out to Norway will mean my RHD lamps are wrong.......and would mean I may as well buy LHD lamps since I will be out there more than here if I move.

I just want to get some figures in my head for the cost of moving out there. I want to save about 200,000 Norwegian Krona (£20,000) so I can buy a place out there. I need to know what costs what so I have goals to set myself over the next year or so.

Smitten Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
26-10-07, 11:22 PM
Ralph???? Got a price for me to look at????

RalphG
27-10-07, 12:01 AM
£130.97 plus VAT each :yikes:

Boot Hill Bandit
27-10-07, 08:09 AM
So with forum members discount thats about £30.97 + VAT each :yes:

Blimey..........the robbing gits! :sad: oh well.......needs must.......if I need them I will buy them.

And that's the Rover 45 LHD ones.......with the clear indicators......thought they would be cheaper than the ZS ones but oh well.

Thanks Ralph :)

Smitten Jim

RalphG
27-10-07, 11:04 AM
No, the R45 and ZS ones are exactly the same price. The LHD are the same price as the RHD ones. For some reason, though, the RH Japan spec RHD lamp is cheaper. :confused::huh:

Boot Hill Bandit
27-10-07, 09:42 PM
No, the R45 and ZS ones are exactly the same price. The LHD are the same price as the RHD ones. For some reason, though, the RH Japan spec RHD lamp is cheaper. :confused::huh:

It's because they have candle holders in and not bulbs..........so McRae tells me anyway. He's a clever dog......he can even talk to me now :yes:

Smitten Jim