PDA

View Full Version : K4.80 Green Cotton Air Filter

MG 53 ZED
28-04-11, 06:59 AM
Hi all i am after getting a K4.80 Green Cotton air filter for my TD, was just wondering where the best place is to get one or if any members happen to have one laying around that they would sell.

Cheers Hamish

p_b82
01-05-11, 12:48 AM
green filters .co .uk i think was the place i got mine.

down side is that it really is not the best for filtration.... i took mine off and had a realy good look at it the othe day, so much so, i need to wash it and clean/oil it poperly with the cleaning kit i have.

howeever that said i will be better than an old paper filter trapped insdie the OE airbox!

(tho rally matt and I argue about that a lot!)

MG 53 ZED
01-05-11, 10:35 AM
Cheers for that is there a better air filter system on the market for are TD?, if not i will get the K4.80 from green filters.co.uk. Did it come as a complete kit all is there other parts i will need to fit it?.

Cheers dude

peterzs
01-05-11, 04:07 PM
Got a BMC Panel filter on mine, just replaces the o/e one in the air box.

If its any good, no idea.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

p_b82
02-05-11, 10:55 AM
it comes with all you need - it matches the 80mm OE air feed pipe to the turbo.. so just take the airbox off and then fit the filter in its place.

the BMC is a nice panel filter, i have one of them too - sat as an emergency replacement should i need it :) - although it is at rally_matts with all my other 'junk' i have taken off the car :laugh:

I am going to eventually get a decent carbon based enclosed system - or a semi-pro airbox made up; however it is the bottom of the 'to do' list.

When i eventually work out the air requirements i can then work out what airbox\kit i need to plumb in. as it stands the 180's ITG maxogen will not flow enough as a turbo requires roughly 1.5* a nasp engine's requirement. eg so air for a 3.0L not a 2.5L

MG 53 ZED
02-05-11, 06:00 PM
Thanks for that chaps i will go with the green cotton filter, tick another mod off the long list once i have that fitted. Set of SDI'S, new exhaust system and a remap then i will be able to keep up with pete.

peterzs
02-05-11, 06:05 PM
Not fitted my SDi's yet!!!!!!

:hooray::hooray::hooray: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

p_b82
02-05-11, 09:41 PM
Thanks for that chaps i will go with the green cotton filter, tick another mod off the long list once i have that fitted. Set of SDI'S, new exhaust system and a remap then i will be able to keep up with pete.

was going to say... which one :laugh:

MG 53 ZED
03-05-11, 08:45 AM
I better put some go fast stripes on my car Lol.

peterzs
03-05-11, 08:53 AM
Think I'll try a 180 badge, should give me an extra 50 bhp.

Now wheres the best place, boot or wing???

:wave: :beer2::beer2: