PDA

View Full Version : I never expected that!

Captain Bluebear
04-05-11, 10:23 PM
Nice surprise today, took the jalopy ZS in for it's MOT today & it passed!
All I did was wash it & bung some screenwash in, but I have to admit I was really expecting the worst & I thought he might have something to say about the front bumper as its got a broken clip/fixing.

Maxfly
04-05-11, 10:29 PM
ah the sweeeet smell of MOT success, there's nothing like it:D

stamford
05-05-11, 07:20 AM
Good news, reliable cars.

peterzs
05-05-11, 08:58 AM
Good news, another years fun!!

:wave:

Captain Bluebear
05-05-11, 03:27 PM
I've got some things to look at though, the emissions weren't great but I think a set of new plugs & an air filter will work wonders, also the intake plenum is rattling so once that's sorted it should be fine.

So while I'm patiently waiting for Mr Sheddist to do his thing I will get these sorted out. :D

fastmike
05-05-11, 03:49 PM
I've got some things to look at though, the emissions weren't great but I think a set of new plugs & an air filter will work wonders, also the intake plenum is rattling so once that's sorted it should be fine.

So while I'm patiently waiting for Mr Sheddist to do his thing I will get these sorted out. :D

Have you heard from him yet ? ...... I PM'd him about his clutch upgrade but havent had a reply ....about 2 weeks ago ?

Captain Bluebear
05-05-11, 03:57 PM
I've not heard from him directly but the last I heard he was waiting on a shipment of brackets that were due this week. :smile1:

fastmike
05-05-11, 04:47 PM
I've not heard from him directly but the last I heard he was waiting on a shipment of brackets that were due this week. :smile1:

Yes I read that too ........ as an aside , I PM'd him 2 years ago when I had the TB 180 and never got a reply.... either I upset him ? or he doesnt "like" southerners ? :huh:

caled
05-05-11, 05:03 PM
Poor fella's probably inundated with people from all of the ZS forums lol - is he a guy doing it himself in his spare time, or is he part of a company?

As for the rattling inlet manifold, there's a thread on .org about how to crack a plenum open and reseal it so it remains airtight, couple that to sheddist's plenum upgrade/fix, and you might be on to a winner. Id be certainly interested in it, at any rate.