PDA

View Full Version : Car Wash..........

R1CSO
08-05-11, 05:34 PM
.....is it ok to take a ZS through a car wash with the extreme rear wing on?

Leigh_EvoIX
08-05-11, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't!!!

Zippy Saloon
08-05-11, 05:41 PM
Worryingly the handbook warns against it in case bits get ripped off - talk about confidence in your product :unsure:

daytona365
08-05-11, 05:42 PM
Id say its ok to go through a car wash with the extreme spoiler, just you wont come out with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starfire039
08-05-11, 05:54 PM
Get a big old bottle of turtle wax when it's on offer, mine's lasted since I bought the car in 08 (OK I haven't driven it for about 18 months of owning it) and cost ?17. Autoglym aqua wax after you've cleaned it makes it look fantastic and you apply when the car is wet. swirl marks and the possibility of damage- no thank you.

Captain Bluebear
08-05-11, 05:55 PM
At best if nothing goes wrong I would imagine there will be patches around the wing that the machine can't get too. :D

Squeaks
08-05-11, 06:31 PM
I tried asking at work if i could take mine through, they said no way what so ever.

take it to the turkish carwash in newport near the post office, they are very good.

R1CSO
09-05-11, 07:17 PM
Turks, here I come - i'm such a lazy ****** lol ;o)

SticklesMickles
11-05-11, 04:37 AM
Used to put my car through my ARC car wash about 2/3 times a week with no issue at all...........

And now i dont run the site anymore, i put it through my mates ARC car wash once per week instead :)

Different wash systems have different setups, the ARC/IMO ones are setup so the operator can press a button at the front and lift the roof brush up to clear any obstacles, although in mine and my mates sites, the ZS spoiler was complete fine without lifting it.

Marky Mark
11-05-11, 09:02 AM
Nooo, don't do it fella, it will ruin your car for sure.

Take it too one of those foreign car wash places and you will be sure nothing breaks off the car, but I would rather save the money and clean it myself, much more enjoyment stepping back and admiring your hardwork, but each to there own. :happy:

col180
11-05-11, 07:48 PM
i take mine to the car wash in the winter months and have had no issues with rear wing. Clean it myself in the summer.