PDA

View Full Version : I'm back offshore - but almost never made it!

Maxxed_Ross
29-10-07, 08:49 AM
Well I got called back offshore at super short notice yet again, but I had a near death experiance on the way home on Sunday night

Coming back from Stirling along the motorway in what can only be called monsoon conditions, I come up on a wad of traffic.

Both lanes are moving slow at about 60mph so I pull into the fast lane and start following a Discovery 3 past the slower line and a van slots in behind me.

Now we are all doing just over 60 with more than enough of a gap between for the conditions when we come up to an on ramp. 3 cars come down this ramp and start to filter in... then all hell broke loose

I see an MPV of some sort side swipe a car in the slow lane sending it right round and into a Vectra in the fast lane. Everyone slams on the anchors and the tw*t in the slow lane next to me swearves into my lane and misses me bit what must have been mm's

This causes me to swerve, the back end steps out BIG STYLE and I just hang onto it and end up the centre reserve gravel half backwards - along with the Disco that was infront of me.

I get out to see the c**t that almost hit me DRIVING OFF!!!!!!! :yikes:

The road was total carnage, think 6 cars were involved in the end, 3 looked really bad. I didn't get a chance to check mine before I had to get the train up to ABZ (I was shaking too much anyway) but my dad recons I've taken a chunk out of the lower front bumper splitter thing and I've probably damaged the 2 drivers side alloys since they went sideways into the gravel :slap:

I'm still not quite right... I've never had such a scare

MGZS55
29-10-07, 08:55 AM
Oof, hope nobody was injured and by the sounds of it it could have been a lot worse. Can't believe the git wanted to drive off after witnessing that, hope someone got his reg.
How difficult is it to check your mirrors and deek over your shoulder before changing lanes anyhow!

arwilson80
29-10-07, 09:16 AM
How difficult is it to check your mirrors and deek over your shoulder before changing lanes anyhow!

Easier said that done when something like that happens so close in front of you...

Ross, you can just be glad that it was only 2 alloys and a bit of splitter that were damaged. Could've been so much worse.

Maxxed_Ross
29-10-07, 09:42 AM
yeah judging by the state of some the other cars it could have been. Luckily everyone was ok

MGZS55
29-10-07, 11:33 AM
Just to clarify the person I refer to who should have had a deek over his shoulder was Mr/Mrs MPV!...I see an MPV of some sort side swipe a car in the slow lane sending it right round and into a Vectra in the fast lane.

stamford
29-10-07, 12:57 PM
Horrendous experience, I fully sympathise with you as I have been in something similar myself. No-one stops to check if you are alright and those involved or cause it ****** off.

Maxxed_Ross
29-10-07, 03:13 PM
Just to clarify the person I refer to who should have had a deek over his shoulder was Mr/Mrs MPV!...

yes... and funny enough it was a blonde female :oops:

Southern Storm
29-10-07, 04:42 PM
Wow. You are one lucky guy all things considered, Damage to the car is unfortunate but at least it wasn't damage to you!
Hope everyone else was ok

grimmy
29-10-07, 04:56 PM
Phew lucky man i had something similar happen to me 4 days after i passed my test it frightens the crap out of you that stuff

sduk
29-10-07, 06:55 PM
sorry to hear that, least its sounds repairable and you guys are ok, car is only a car at the end of the day.

how long you offshore for? back for Falkirk?

Maxxed_Ross
30-10-07, 06:14 AM
It's only a car, but you know what I'm like about my cars!

doubt I'll be back in time, I recon I'm here until the 7th. I hate short notice!