PDA

View Full Version : Well Impressed

fastmike
18-05-11, 08:08 AM
Went to a village just south of Lincoln yesterday..... total mileage of 259 ... used 8.1 gallons of petrol..... went M25 , M11 then A1 to Peterborogh, then A15,
the A15 is a nice road , plenty of corners and stuff to overtake so wasnt hanging about.... works out at 31.97 to a gallon :clap:

The crazy bit is the 8.1 gallons of petrol cost me ?50 :thumbsdown:

stamford
18-05-11, 09:01 AM
I hate watching the litres fall way behind the ?'s when filling up, depressing sight. However it's still refreshing to see a 180 return good mpg figures. Mine is doing very well, so much so I use it for work rather than the Discovery, it uses less fuel.

Huffy
18-05-11, 09:10 AM
I've been on economy mode for the past month, every time i fill the car up, i have been making a note of the millage and then brimming it, I've had good weeks and bad weeks but on average i've been getting 51mpg, last saturday was a killer as my downpipe cracked and its lost its ability to get the high figures and dropped to 48mpg overall ( that trip of 420 miles maxed at 39mpg, but i was 3 up and had a camera kit and stuff) otherwise i'm pretty sure i would have reached the 55's

I've also come the the conclusion that shell V-Power is worth the extra 5ppl as my figures show that it adds as little as .2ppm when each mile is costing 12p the engine is far more responsive, and it seems more frugal under pressure!

fastmike
18-05-11, 09:43 AM
I've been on economy mode for the past month, every time i fill the car up, i have been making a note of the millage and then brimming it, I've had good weeks and bad weeks but on average i've been getting 51mpg, last saturday was a killer as my downpipe cracked and its lost its ability to get the high figures and dropped to 48mpg overall ( that trip of 420 miles maxed at 39mpg, but i was 3 up and had a camera kit and stuff) otherwise i'm pretty sure i would have reached the 55's

I've also come the the conclusion that shell V-Power is worth the extra 5ppl as my figures show that it adds as little as .2ppm when each mile is costing 12p the engine is far more responsive, and it seems more frugal under pressure!

Yours is a diesel..... thats cheating lol :hmmm:...... and I was clearing out any cobwebs that might have been present

p_b82
18-05-11, 11:21 AM
It is interesting you say that Huffy RE the V-power.

over on .org quite a few of us did some similar long term tests and found it cost us MPG consistantly across the board.

BP ultimate on the other hand didn't.....

What we dicided on was thet most cost effective method was actually a dose of millers and 'brand name' fuel.... if you buy it in bulk on ebay or have a trade card, the cost per l quickly makes it cheaper than the ultimate style fuels...

all that said - the right foot is still the biggest factor in economy in the dervs...

daytona365
18-05-11, 11:25 AM
There are still plenty of good ZED roads.........And for that extra oomph I just put in octane booster from work. Makes the normal petrol from 95 up to 98.

Just off to give him a spin. Got the day off to do some painting, but needed an escape lol................

Huffy
18-05-11, 11:51 AM
Yours is a diesel..... thats cheating lol :hmmm:...... and I was clearing out any cobwebs that might have been present

Us Derv boys cant but help get in on MPG discussions...... its all just jolly good fun!

Squeaks
18-05-11, 03:44 PM
never mind Mike,

Just to winde you up.

?62 to fill the F up, 432miles at fast quick speeds from a 180bhp 1.8 lol

fastmike
18-05-11, 04:02 PM
never mind Mike,

Just to winde you up.

?62 to fill the F up, 432miles at fast quick speeds from a 180bhp 1.8 lol

I,de still rather have the ZS matey , the way it was being driven I expected a much worse MPG figure :weirdo:

Squeaks
18-05-11, 04:19 PM
I still want that ZS back you know Lol

Bobdope2002
18-05-11, 04:51 PM
i got 36 litres of juice the otherday for ?20 this will easily see 250 miles

god i love paying 70ppl :D

haGGard
19-05-11, 11:09 AM
I used to own a ford puma 1.7 and was told by the guys on a puma forum that it's absolutely pointless filling with higher octane fuel like v-power as the ecu was only mapped for 95ron fuel and unless your ecu had been remapped to use 99ron fuel then it's a waste of money. You get the added economy but not the increased power.

Is this correct information?