PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

grimmy
18-05-11, 10:08 AM
Got my renewal in a few weeks ago and was shocked at the price ?537 i know that prices have went up this year so was expecting a high renewal price but a couple of online quotes later i got quotes of around ?100 less, so phoned them today and told them i had a quote for ?100 less than my renewal and guess what they matched it so my insurance has actually went down by a couple of quid a month compared to last year.:clap:
just need to sort my brakes now and get it back on the road.

peterzs
18-05-11, 10:26 AM
Got a few more points this year and when I told my insurers after receiving their renewal price they wanted to bung my one up a bit.

Said I had gone on line and with all new points declared I had offers around their first offer, guess what, they could suddenly match, or almost match the price.

Ended up paying a couple of ??'s more, which I was happy with.

Never ever, accept what they say at the start, get some quotes and keep them at hand so you know the Company that will do it cheaper.

:clap::clap::clap:

p_b82
18-05-11, 11:26 AM
i ended up ringing round 3 times in total and got my price down to less than it was last year... not sure how i managed it but it was all done for just under ?500 this time round!

stamford
18-05-11, 12:33 PM
Good to hear, looking forward to my three renewals landing on the doormat some time :hmmm:

starfire039
18-05-11, 03:46 PM
Well mine was paid for about a week and a half ago so that's something I don't have to worry until I finish uni. That is a scary thought!