PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck!!!!!!!!!!

starfire039
21-05-11, 10:13 AM
Pulled off from my mates yesterday, and heard and felt a bang, so pulled over and what I thought was oil pissing everywhere. I thought that's it, car is dead. Luckily on closer inspection it appears the engine mount has completely snapped, taking out the power steering hose. So not too bad I don't think, now I need a mobile mechanic to sort it! Just great timing as I'm about to buy a 180, which failed it's MOT on cv boot and tyre -_- and just started a new job! How the f*** am I gonna get there now! Rant over!

Most annoying part is it's probably something the ex's dad did, as he was the last one to work on the car doing the cambelt on that side. Either that or it's just unlucky.

starfire039
21-05-11, 11:19 AM
Well upon speaking to the parentals, the 180 gets fixed and retested on Saturday. Been quoted aroundabout ?80 for my car to be fixed- not bad! Looks like I'm getting a 180 on Saturday though :D

Ritchy
21-05-11, 11:36 AM
the top engine mounys snapped? never seen that on a zs before

starfire039
21-05-11, 11:43 AM
The mount bolt was missing, almost certainly from where the cambelt was changed. I'm guessing the stress of it got to it. Was about to get one ordered too, a mechanic told me it was fine to drive for a little bit without the bolt. Guess I just left it too long. Either that or it was sabotaged!

Ritchy
21-05-11, 12:00 PM
yeah well a missing bolt wont help, putting too much stress on the other point

stamford
21-05-11, 12:25 PM
Sounds like you were very lucky.

starfire039
21-05-11, 01:14 PM
Yes on reflection it could have been a lot worse!

peterzs
21-05-11, 06:15 PM
Most annoying part is it's probably something the ex's dad did, as he was the last one to work on the car doing the cambelt on that side. Either that or it's just unlucky.

Maybe there is a clue somewhere!!!!!

:yikes::yikes::yikes: