PDA

View Full Version : I want my ZS back

Fez
29-10-07, 06:24 PM
I got my hire car for the week as my ZS is in the garage having the head gasket done.

Its a Fiat Punto :slap: I was going to get an upgrade as I order a small car thinking it was a fair bit cheaper. But they had no focus size cars at the hire shop.

The handing is a joke I already been scared by it going around aroundabout and almost blow up its engine dropping down a couple of gear to overtake someone(gear ratios). :(

stamford
29-10-07, 06:35 PM
Oh you lucky man! :laugh:

Southern Storm
29-10-07, 06:38 PM
Shame. I quite like the look of the new punto. New bravo is quite nice too.
Not as nice as an MG tho he he

sduk
29-10-07, 06:45 PM
lol punto or MG, not a hard choice :) least you will appreciate it when you get it back :)

Fez
29-10-07, 06:58 PM
Yes I am sure appreciate the MG when its back. That If I don't top myself before I get it back.

Its got a City button for lighter steering OMG the steering is to light as it is but with that using one finger is even to much for it.

sduk
29-10-07, 07:06 PM
haha should see if you could fit one of them in the ZS! :D

DeMoNPauL
29-10-07, 09:57 PM
Really feel for you. When I had my head gaskets done I had a Ford Fester for 10 days and it was purple. Not nice. Now I've got a 56 plate Volkswagon Touran 2.0 tdi sport (7seats) for goodness knows how long. It goes round the slightest of bends on 2 wheels I'm sure of it but it does have a bit of umph to it when you put your foot down.

Smokey
29-10-07, 11:00 PM
I own a Punto and although its underpowered and the city steering sucks, its been an okay car for me since new. not a patch on the ZS though!!

arwilson80
29-10-07, 11:27 PM
Yuck! Why are hire cars sooo crappy? the last one i had was a real heap of junk.... an old Skoda! :cry:

RalphG
30-10-07, 12:21 PM
When my MG F went in for damage repair I was given a base model Micra :wall: with only 50 miles on the clock. This was to do a journey from Kent to Hemel Hempstead. Boy did that car scream in pain when I was driving it! I had that car for about a week and a half. I think it needed a new engine when I handed it back...:fun:

stamford
30-10-07, 01:08 PM
I had one of those as well Ralph, horrid thing, felt like you were sitting inside a bin can, sooo tinny! Did you find they were thirsty beggers?

arwilson80
30-10-07, 02:18 PM
felt like you were sitting inside a bin can

What does that sound like? ;)

Did you find they were thirsty beggers?

Really? Out of a dinky little 1L?

Southern Storm
30-10-07, 02:38 PM
Everythings thirsty if you screw the nuts out of it day and night. :deadhorse:

arwilson80
30-10-07, 02:39 PM
Everythings thirsty if you screw the nuts out of it day and night. :deadhorse:

Exactly what i was thinking (insinuating - sp??)....

Southern Storm
30-10-07, 03:09 PM
Not that i would be casting dispersions on Stamfords driving ;)

mrt_04
30-10-07, 03:12 PM
Apart from my ZS180 I also mess around in a Suzuki SJ 413, now that is uncomfortable I can assure you. Looking to put Swift GTI seats in it.
I appreciate the ZS so much for it 's comfort & no hair raising encounters on roundabouts!!!!....still great fun to drive the SJ :smart:

Fez
01-11-07, 01:13 PM
Woo Hoo!!

My car is already to pick up. It had a new head gasket, Cam belt and full service. So it should keep it happy for a while.

Only problem is I can't pick it up until Saturday as its up in Bristol and it will be too late when I get back Friday night. :-(

carl-mgzs
01-11-07, 05:19 PM
just out of interest... how many miles was on your car wen the head gasket went?... mine went last month at 49000 miles... had my head gasket, cambelt and inlet mainifold gasket replaced + new oil, oil filter and coolant... cost me 400 quid!

Fez
01-11-07, 07:16 PM
Mine went at 60K. 400 pounds is damn good.

Mine has come out at 580 which includes spark plug and all the filters The last real service it had was at a tyre place :yikes: I didn't own it at the time. So I thought it would be better for it to have a damn good service.