PDA

View Full Version : I hate slide pins!!

Jay-ZS+
25-05-11, 03:42 PM
Feeling the pain grimmy faced the other day been wrestling with the slider pins on the bike today, they were seized solid, seems the last owner put new boot seals on but hadnt fitted them in the grooves :slap:

Pistons were just as bad but hooked them up to the cars system and managed to push them out as the cylinder on the bike wasnt having any of it!!

Fronts were a piece of cake to do its only the one pin on the rears thats sezied, brakes never seem straight forward!! Gonna have to get a blow torch on them although I cant find mine, prob lent it out :thumbsdown:

Also a hint foo people dont use copper grease on the slider pins, apparently it causes the seals to expand over time letting water in and then causeing a ball ache! Only say it as Ive always used copper grease but best stick to the proper stuff and use the yellow stuff or red rubber grease from now on.:look:

peterzs
25-05-11, 03:53 PM
Tried the oven, Jay!!!

Jay-ZS+
25-05-11, 03:59 PM
Not yet will have to wait for another day now as the misses will be back from work soon and its not worth getting caught with bike bits in the oven!! :ninja:

Bobdope2002
25-05-11, 04:10 PM
Not yet will have to wait for another day now as the misses will be back from work soon and its not worth getting caught with bike bits in the oven!! :ninja:

:laugh:

Jay-ZS+
25-05-11, 04:25 PM
Plus if she finds out I know how to work the oven I may have to cook tea!! Dont fancy either!! :whip:

Bobdope2002
25-05-11, 04:33 PM
Plus if she finds out I know how to work the oven I may have to cook tea!! Dont fancy either!! :whip:

hahahaha

petet16
25-05-11, 05:36 PM
The refurb kits supply a white silicone grease for the sliders, copper grease is a no no, myself I use the red rubber grease.

Oh and no don't get caught with car/bike bits in the oven or dishwasher, discovering you can work either will be a nuisance

grimmy
25-05-11, 05:51 PM
brilliant almost a week to the day i fixed my brakes i get told i am using the wrong grease grrrrrrrrrrr

Jay-ZS+
25-05-11, 06:03 PM
Will be alright for a while takes a while for the copper grease to effect the seal. Ive always used it never knew any different till today!

How did you split yours in the end Grimmy?

grimmy
25-05-11, 06:09 PM
Will be alright for a while takes a while for the copper grease to effect the seal. Ive always used it never knew any different till today!

How did you split yours in the end Grimmy?
A friend of a friend had access to gas and a big blow torch as per your suggestion mate and freed it off for me had the ****** rebuilt and back on the road in half an hour after that lol.