PDA

View Full Version : Rover coupe turbo Flame red - Low miles

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
28-05-11, 02:35 PM
On behalf of a mate. Has a years mot on it and service as well. I think the mileage is closer to 70k.

Year/Plate: 1994 on a private plate (included)
Mileage: 67,000
Condition: Very good to excellent
Owners: 6 (myself since 2005)
MOT/Tax: Full MOT, tax due this month
Service History: Full up to 62k miles (every 4-5k)
Modifications: Not much, wheels/suspension only. Standard engine with Klinger HG. Colour coded rub strips.
Problems: Nothing major.
Price: ?1,750

Well after much deliberating and changing of mind (for literally years :lol: ) ive decided to let my beloved coupe go due to lack of use. It has just been MOT'd with no advisories and has done 450 miles since the last MOT, and under 500 in the previous year too. Overall i have done 13k miles since buying it in october 2005. I'm in no hurry to sell so wont give it away, i just want it to go to a good home so someone can enjoy it like i used to.

The car is very good condition all round as in the photos, the negatives being small scabs of rust in the corners of the wings and the usual bubbling on the rear spoiler. Last year i spent over ?500 getting rust on the rear arches cut out as the old body kit on the car was hiding some rot in the usual places (front of rear arches mainly). At the same tme i got the clutch replaced. Mechanicals are spot on, drives nicely and pulls very well. It hasnt given me any bother for 5 years and i'd rely on it to take me anywhere.

Few niggles - key fob doesnt open drivers door, and theres a small oil leak which hasnt got any worse since i bought it, it looks like its coming from the sump end of the turbo oil return so im hoping to fix it when i change the oil this week (got new gaskets). In any case its only a drip each time i use the car and the oil level doesnt noticeably drop over the course of a year between changes.

Loads of extras to go with it - original wheels and interior, jap rear plinth, decat pipe, nearly new jamex suspension kit etc.

Can get pics of interior (full black leather with red piping) and engine bay if anyone shows interest.

Car is located just outside Dundee, Scotland.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/Ravinderb/paul006.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/Ravinderb/law.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/Ravinderb/paul005.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/Ravinderb/beachside.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/Ravinderb/180208.jpg

ZS Phil
28-05-11, 04:54 PM
now that is sexy! would love one of these but just not practical for me :( good luck with the sale, hopefully it will remain a coupe and not be broken for the engine. In all honesty I would have this anyday over a ZR with the same engine.

Nor
28-05-11, 05:43 PM
A thing of beauty.

roverdave81
28-05-11, 07:02 PM
if i had the money i rip your mate arm off that one clean coupe
it would be a crime to strip this for a zr/zs turbo conversion should stay a coupe as they are becoming rare and will slowly go up in valve over the next few years as more ppl strip them

peterzs
28-05-11, 07:31 PM
Great looking motor, deserves staying together.

Hope it goes to someone who will look after it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Huffy
28-05-11, 07:47 PM
how much ??

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
28-05-11, 09:16 PM
The asking price in the add is ?1750 however I think sensible offers close to that will be considered. It's defo worth it IMHO.

roverdave81
28-05-11, 09:21 PM
worth ?1500 all day long

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
29-05-11, 11:43 PM
worth ?1500 all day long

Indeed :D

starfire039
31-05-11, 10:02 PM
Lovely car, looks cared for and well worth the asking price.

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
17-12-11, 06:01 PM
Still available peeps. Very nice example.

optimusprimer
18-12-11, 10:42 AM
I have never seen a coupe I like but that is a belter!

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
19-12-11, 12:40 AM
Buy it then. :D

idge2003
19-12-11, 08:39 AM
That looks a belter and I would be very interested in it but it's a bit far for me to go look at a car which is a pity! These are getting rare now and I often keep an eye out for one but they are few and far between.

Brett

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
02-01-12, 10:32 PM
Don't let distance put you off mate. I'll travel anywhere if it is the right car. I travelled 450 miles to get my coupe.

mattie007
02-01-12, 11:19 PM
I've been considering this over the last few days, but the distance has put me off a bit.
I know nothing about them though.
What are they like to drive and what sort of mpg do they return?

MG-JOCKEY
03-01-12, 09:28 PM
i cant believe this is still for sale. i was offered this last year and i wish i took it. good luck with the sale rav.
cheers
john

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
08-01-12, 04:36 AM
I've been considering this over the last few days, but the distance has put me off a bit.
I know nothing about them though.
What are they like to drive and what sort of mpg do they return?

Probably around 35 miles to the gallon. Not much different to a VVC or possibly a KV6. Great cars to drive. Nice, smooth power delivery. It has a standard T25 turbo so spools up really quickly so instant power. Up the boost slightly to 12psi and it makes it fun. Handles quite well, especially this one as it has all round uprated suspension.
Solid, reliable engines. Not prone to head gasket failures like the Ks. As long as it's treated right it will be fine. I do have one after all! Great fun. Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
08-01-12, 04:38 AM
i cant believe this is still for sale. i was offered this last year and i wish i took it. good luck with the sale rav.
cheers
john

John, it's not too late. :D

Supercharged_Z
08-01-12, 10:04 AM
Hi Mattie,

if its replacment for the ZS or track day? then dont bother a zs 180 would take one of these on track through handling although power would be down. A
To be fair too most coupes std run mid 15 quarter miles. so do zs 180's and better if stage 1.

cannot deny this car though it does look very nice.

MG6Turbo
08-01-12, 10:35 AM
I pitched a zs 180 with our stage one against a coupe turbo running 220bhp and the zs trounced it on the standing quarter and on the road with its superior handling.

The coupe is a great looking car, but its a classic and cant compete with new technology in the suspension dept.

Zs 180s will be classics soon, the rate at which they are falling off the road.

George