PDA

View Full Version : bad news and good news...

lawrence-zs180
31-05-11, 04:01 PM
Bad news first I suppose...
As you guys know the 180 is up for sale and I have been looking round the web to see what there is out there... well I might as well take mine off sale and keep it, then if I have to sell it I will have to do the unthinkable and break it because soooo many people are getting new cars and just want rid they are going for silly money :shoot:
Even today I have seen 5 with less than 70k under ?700 4 with fsh, 3 had belts and 2 had a year's mot and tax so even with the mods etc mine is worth funk all... even saw a derv for ?1300 with 55k fsh full 180 kit etc etc shame I'm skint or I would jump at it!!!
And the good news....
Practical classics have stated in there latest issue that the 180 will be a future classic along with the F and TF so there is a light at the end of a tunnel..
Oh and the missis is finishing her contract in september so where gonna be moving within miles of work so I can use the 180 as a weekend warrior wooooo.

petet16
31-05-11, 04:18 PM
I saw that in Practical Classics too, I think the editors wife has one.

Bobdope2002
31-05-11, 04:25 PM
what about the Mk2's in general

I personally think these will be more collectable than the MK1 as theyre are less about

not knocking the MK1 as id have another in the 180 form straight away if i could afford

lawrence-zs180
31-05-11, 04:38 PM
they will prob be the same... in good time... problem is that with noone (that I know of) doing replacement body parts the mk2 could end up as 2 or 3 cars in a museum or a private collection.

big_wasa
31-05-11, 06:15 PM
Ive come to that conclusion a while back and have been spending loads on mine to try and keep on top of it. A mk1 180 near me made ?480 on ebay this weekend. I am seing Corsa's go for twice that and 2 years older.

Ive seen tatty mk2's at ?1500.

I think there will be a few 180 cam belts going over the next year or two. I just dont see people doing them. Should give a suply of spares.

My mate would have scraped his 120 last week end if he hadnt twisted my arm to do the head gasket.