PDA

View Full Version : Changed Instrument Panel

KirkJames
11-06-11, 11:29 AM
As title says, I changed my instrument panel yesterday due to the Rev counter not working. Only paid ?20 for new panel (complete). Test drove her yesterday and everything is working as it should. Today I jumped in to go to work and the SRS light is on. Now this was a little fiddly to get in so I am wondering if I have put it in wrong or something?

Can anyone shed any light?

starfire039
11-06-11, 11:33 AM
That light usually comes on when the airbag connectors under the seats are loose. It may be that the connectors loose behind the panel if it was fiddly.... try pushing together the connectors under your seat, otherwise it's probably the connection behind the panel. Nothing to worry about!

KirkJames
11-06-11, 11:38 AM
That light usually comes on when the airbag connectors under the seats are loose. It may be that the connectors loose behind the panel if it was fiddly.... try pushing together the connectors under your seat, otherwise it's probably the connection behind the panel. Nothing to worry about!

What am I looking for under the seat? Will it be an obvious spot or hard to find?

Mr ZS180
11-06-11, 02:52 PM
It should be the only bright yellow thing under the seats ;)

talkingcars
11-06-11, 03:12 PM
If you moved your sseat around to give you more room to work you may have disturbed the connector.

Mine normally comes on after a ferry trip. :unsure:

starfire039
11-06-11, 05:24 PM
Yeah it's a bright yellow connector, the only plug underneath the seat.

KirkJames
11-06-11, 06:34 PM
If you moved your sseat around to give you more room to work you may have disturbed the connector.

Mine normally comes on after a ferry trip. :unsure:
It must not like the water :)

Yeah it's a bright yellow connector, the only plug underneath the seat.

Cheers mate, light has now gone off but will have a look anyways ;)