PDA

View Full Version : Little changes always make a big difference

white.pony91
11-06-11, 07:04 PM
I've always fancied yellow fog lights, finally got round to doing it today.
Quite happy with the way they turned out. Also got myself some D1 wheel nuts as my standard ones needed replacing.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/whitepony91/IMAG0286.jpg
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/whitepony91/IMAG0289.jpg
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/whitepony91/IMAG0285.jpg

peterzs
11-06-11, 07:48 PM
Looking good, you still have a locking wheel nut with the new nuts???

white.pony91
11-06-11, 07:52 PM
Cheers. I don't have the locking nuts on the car at the moment, but I'm contemplating whether or not I should use them. I only really use the car for work at the moment and it's not going to get bothered there.

peterzs
11-06-11, 08:03 PM
Always think your one looks immaculate and a great colour, just so many low life, types about would hate anything to happen to it!!!

:beer2::beer2: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

white.pony91
11-06-11, 08:11 PM
Great to hear that, thanks :)
Unfortunately there are a lot of people around who will do things to other people's motors, but I'm fortunate enough to live in a decent area and I've never heard of things like that happening around here.

Rocket Red
11-06-11, 08:13 PM
I like the yellow fogs, I had them on a Renault 19 16v and I got pulled over by the cops and told that they were illegal but they were yellow as standard, I think he was full of s#it :oops: probably shouldn't have told him that.

white.pony91
11-06-11, 08:22 PM
I've never been sure or not if they're illegal. If Mr Plod tells me they are then I can always peel the tint off I suppose. Not that I'd want to :(

Dan1971
12-06-11, 05:47 AM
Not keen on the yellow tints. Had them on my Mk1 when I got it and getting them off was the first thing I did !

Don't take this the wrong way - I think that if you make too many changes to how the car looks - it starts to look a bit "Halfords". I thought yours was one of the best hatches on here - if not theee best. The fogs and the gold bolts are making it look just a little bit amateurish.

But - if it makes you happy - that's all that matters.

Ritchy
12-06-11, 09:07 AM
yellow fogs are legal, headlights either have to9 be white or yellow, im not keen on them personaklly hhowever the gold bolts look smart with those wheels

Mr ZS180
12-06-11, 09:40 AM
I think you could be onto something there. The fogs look kinda gold and match the bolts and the red/gold theme works for me.

Remember that at the end of the day it's your car and if you're happy with it thats all that matters.

white.pony91
12-06-11, 07:48 PM
I think you could be onto something there. The fogs look kinda gold and match the bolts and the red/gold theme works for me.

That's pretty much what I had in mind. :)

magpie67
12-06-11, 08:04 PM

Remember that at the end of the day it's your car and if you're happy with it thats all that matters.

couldn't have put it better myself !!!!

Smokey
12-06-11, 09:32 PM
Love the fogs, unsure on the bolts but as said, well done for looking after a cracking looking car!

roverdave81
12-06-11, 10:14 PM
Im not a fan of the fogs or the wheel nut but your car dose look A1 & if we all modified our cars the same there would be no point in modifiying them as long as its what your happy with then fair play to ya love the black wheel with that colour but I would say that cos mine are black with the same colour body defo better than the silver

Andyf
13-06-11, 10:27 AM
I wanted to tint my fogs on my firefrost 120 and wondered what it would look like. i thought it would look good and it does! Was it a paint that you used?
And as Ritchy correctly says yellow fogs are legal, mine don't even work as I fitted them and never got them 'activated' - which is also legal as they are not obligatory lights.

Mr ZS180
13-06-11, 11:07 AM
I wanted to tint my fogs on my firefrost 120 and wondered what it would look like. i thought it would look good and it does! Was it a paint that you used?
And as Ritchy correctly says yellow fogs are legal, mine don't even work as I fitted them and never got them 'activated' - which is also legal as they are not obligatory lights.

I was always of the understanding that if it is on the car it has to work. That's why kit car drivers leave off all the windscreens, wipers, extra lights etc when they go for the IVA in case something doesn't work correctly.

A few years ago my friend failed an MOT as he had some aftermarket fogs fitted but never wired them up and the tester told him he either needed to get them working or take them off to pass!

white.pony91
13-06-11, 01:14 PM

Cheers. I think it looks pretty cool as well, but I know it's not to everyones taste. It wasn't a paint I used, it was tint film by a company called Lamin X. It seemed a tad expensive to me when I ordered it but it's actually really good stuff. All I did was unscrew the splash guard under the bumper and unscrewed the fog lights which wasn't too difficult, just scratched my arms up a bit. Then the tint just applied to the fog light.

Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220792938559?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80% 2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D2 20792938559%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_518wt_1139

midcuk
13-06-11, 01:18 PM

what he said !
i get loads of stick from some of the purists about mine but its all about individuality and if it makes you happy then thats great, and if some dont like it then they can go :whistle:

dark red and gold are always a great combo imho

white.pony91
13-06-11, 01:22 PM
what he said !
i get loads of stick from some of the purists about mine but its all about individuality and if it makes you happy then thats great, and if some dont like it then they can go :whistle:

Couldn't agree more with you. I know there will always be people who expect them to look as original as possible, but it's what ever makes the owner happy that matters. It's exactly the same when you see tarted up Saxos and 106s. I'd never do it myself by any means, but I can only respect that someone has taken the time and money to do something that makes them happy.

Mr ZS180
13-06-11, 03:10 PM
Couldn't agree more with you. I know there will always be people who expect them to look as original as possible, but it's what ever makes the owner happy that matters. It's exactly the same when you see tarted up Saxos and 106s. I'd never do it myself by any means, but I can only respect that someone has taken the time and money to do something that makes them happy.

Its good that theres a mix of showroom examples and modified examples on here.

Personally, I like to see what ideas people come up with for original modifications that dont look like 'stuck on Halfrauds' bits!

Some people absolutely hate my stickers, others love them. Thats how it's always been in the car world.

Ritchy
13-06-11, 05:12 PM
some mk1 180 skirts would go nicely with those wheels i think

white.pony91
13-06-11, 05:19 PM
some mk1 180 skirts would go nicely with those wheels i think

I have been keeping an eye out for some actually. She's getting lowered in a month or so and some 180 would add to the look.