PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Getting Juddery!

KirkJames
12-06-11, 11:52 AM
Not had the car long but have noticed that the biting point on the clutch is getting low and juddery and crunching a fair bit

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Sheddist, have tried to PM but with no response, getting a bit worried in case I get stuck in rush hour on journeys back home after a night shift.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance........

Kirk

fastmike
12-06-11, 12:07 PM
Just PM him and leave a message matey....... he doesnt answer you , you,l just get a PM from him telling you your kits ready and how much to send him......... at least thats my experience

peterzs
12-06-11, 12:09 PM
Have you checked the bracket, slave one I think, that tends to crack or bend.

If you have been giving it a bit of wellie, it might be that. Get someone to depress the clutch and check for movement on the bracket.

Can get new/replacement from scrap yards from the older models.

Have you tried the guys on here who are scrapping their cars, might be able to help.

KirkJames
12-06-11, 12:25 PM
Have you checked the bracket, slave one I think, that tends to crack or bend.

If you have been giving it a bit of wellie, it might be that. Get someone to depress the clutch and check for movement on the bracket.

Can get new/replacement from scrap yards from the older models.

Have you tried the guys on here who are scrapping their cars, might be able to help.

I haven't checked that so I will definately have a look, just want to get a kit on it tho to sort these repeating problems with the original jelly clutch :)

KirkJames
12-06-11, 12:26 PM
Just PM him and leave a message matey....... he doesnt answer you , you,l just get a PM from him telling you your kits ready and how much to send him......... at least thats my experience

I have PM'd him on another forum so I guess I will just have to wait and see, thanks for the info ;)