PDA

View Full Version : wtf has happened!

starfire039
18-06-11, 08:56 PM
Just disconnected my battery and reconnected... now the car won't start. When I turn on the ignition the fan spins up to full power, and the fuel pump doesn't whirr. Help???

Ritchy
18-06-11, 09:01 PM
try locking them unlocking it see if that does it

Steves Cleenz
18-06-11, 09:10 PM
dodgy connection, make sure you have a good connection, its giving the signs that the battery is flat (the fans come on when the battery is under 12volts)

starfire039
18-06-11, 10:20 PM
I am so unbelievably stupid.... I forgot to connected the 3rd wire to the negative terminal of the battery. That's what working 70 hours a week does to you!

Basically went to see laurence today, he kindly leant me a power VIS, didn't make a difference so he suggested disconnecting battery then reconnecting, and goign through the procedure to "restart" the ecu. After all the faffing and panicking I didn't pump the accelerator like you should, but it appears I have regained a bit of "oomph". Going to do it properly and see what happens. I am getting the "kick" now at 4.5-5k, very noticeable, before I disconnected the battery it was just flat. Although before all my problems I got that surge at 3.5k.

KevG
19-06-11, 09:11 PM
The "kick" should appear around 3-3.5k not 4.5-5k.

starfire039
20-06-11, 07:08 PM
I know, this is my problem, it's just gone.

Mr ZS180
20-06-11, 07:11 PM
Not having much luck with that car are you mate?!

starfire039
20-06-11, 11:19 PM
I know, in fairness it seems pretty strong and has been looked after, no issues apart from the plenum have surfaced since I had it. I'm banking on it being plenum/vis related, this power loss, it has all the characteristics of it. I'm just stumped. Laurence is on hand to help me out, which I am extremely greatful for. Just a shame I finally got the car I've wanted for years, had all that power and now it's gone. Feels like I'm being teased!