PDA

View Full Version : happy fathers day to all

roverdave81
19-06-11, 10:08 AM
Just wanted to say hope all the dads on here are havin a great fathers day like me

peterzs
19-06-11, 10:26 AM
Thanks, glad you are being looked after.

:yay::yay:

Bobdope2002
19-06-11, 11:00 AM
Fathers day more like Clintons Cards Make a Killing Day

Thats all it is sorry i just dont believe in it

Maxfly
19-06-11, 11:23 AM

Lol, it's no like it is Santa claus or tooth fairy. I got a hame made card and a donkey so there:D

Bobdope2002
19-06-11, 11:32 AM
Lol, it's no like it is Santa claus or tooth fairy. I got a hame made card and a donkey so there:D

same for XMAS, Easter,moms day,Pancake day,Breathing Day,just had a **** day

Some call me a tight **** but its just all a load of bollox

Its good fun for the people who believe in it

Dan1971
19-06-11, 12:33 PM
Well - I like it because today I've had a lie in - gone to see Kung fu Panda 2 where I pick the sweeties - can look at whatever I want on the telly and computer - get what I want for dinner - don't make a single cup of tea all day etc etc etc....

My RR and mod fitting is all getting done on the strength of it being a father's day pressie ....

"I'm luvin it .... "

Happy Father's day.

R8NMG
19-06-11, 12:39 PM
same for XMAS, Easter,moms day,Pancake day,Breathing Day,just had a **** day

Some call me a tight **** but its just all a load of bollox

Its good fun for the people who believe in it

Yea agree with you but at least Xmas and Easter there is a reason for them. I don't particularly celebrate mother's, father's, kid's, grandparents day etc.

To all the sons out there, everyday can be father's day. It doesn't have to be that 1 day of the year that all fathers get a treat.

grimmy
19-06-11, 12:57 PM
Hallmark holiday designed to make people part with their hard earned cash.

Bobdope2002
19-06-11, 01:01 PM
Hallmark holiday designed to make people part with their hard earned cash.

Damn Right

Dan1971
19-06-11, 01:03 PM
You guys are proper "bottle half empty " guys. Come on !!!

It's a day for dads to chill out and do what they want. If you choose to spend money on cards etc then fair enough but you don't have to. I'm just getting more spoiled today than on any other.

And ... my dad died years ago .... this evening as on his birthday - Christmas and New Year - I'll tell him i miss him. Is that so bad .... ?

starfire039
19-06-11, 01:41 PM
I do agree with Bob but it means something to my Dad if I get him a card and a present especially as I'm at uni a lot of the time. Unfortunately I'm at work, so I feel bad, but that can't be helped.

roverdave81
19-06-11, 03:06 PM
Fstherday isnt about buying cards it a day for us to let us tell ours dads we r there for them no matter what and to remember them if they are nolonger with you

peterzs
19-06-11, 04:06 PM
Always say, you are a long time dead, if you dont do it now you dont get a second chance.

Whats a few quid, against a smile and a hug.

Sounds like a good deal Dan. Cant wait for your RR post.

:happy2::happy2::flowers::flowers::wave::wave:

Dan1971
19-06-11, 04:52 PM
..... Cant wait for your RR post.

:happy2::happy2::flowers::flowers::wave::wave:

Looking at about the 6th July ... I've got a mid-week day free.

peterzs
19-06-11, 07:14 PM
Look forward to it.

:wave:

Jem
19-06-11, 08:06 PM

Im not in favour for bought cards,Chloe makes me cards i much prefer a made one then a bought one from my princess...

daytona365
19-06-11, 09:09 PM
Enjoyed my day. My son got me a book off Amazon, lucky a car book I havent got, and my daughter posted a lovely message on facebook, which brought a tear to my eyes. She simply put " Im the best dad she could ever wish for!"

stamford
20-06-11, 07:26 AM
I spent the day digging post holes, concreting posts in, fitting fence panels, cutting fence panels and making a gate..................saw my dad in the morning.

I got the usual nice cards from my girls, a new footy shirt, some candy, real ale and a card from the dallys. :D