PDA

View Full Version : new motor

SimonMGZS
19-06-11, 07:01 PM
i finally got myself a rover coupe 1.8vvc
only picked it up today and all of the checks i have carried out on the car have checked out fine.no issues to worry about.
according to the receipts that i have got it the head has been gas flowed and ported.i just hope when they done the head work they put on a uprated head gasket.this was all done in 2002 at a cost of ?1000 so i am guessing that they probably did but i will not know unless i decide to take the engine apart to find out but i am going to see how it goes first.

anyway here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260799069622&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i will get some better photos when the car is taxed

enjoy

peterzs
19-06-11, 07:08 PM
Clean looking motor, looks a good buy. Well done, have fun.

ramdonice
19-06-11, 07:16 PM
looks nice but if it was mine the wheels would have to be changed, same with those rear lights.

sounds like the engine has been looked after, tho could have been driven had but not thrashed going by the body work

SimonMGZS
19-06-11, 07:41 PM
looks nice but if it was mine the wheels would have to be changed, same with those rear lights.

sounds like the engine has been looked after, tho could have been driven had but not thrashed going by the body work

i will be changing the wheels as i dont like them myself so i will be putting on a set of coupe originals off the one that is sitting in my drive with a knackered head after i have got the wheels refurbed.and the lights will be going back to the originals which were with the car or maybe a set of different lights

KirkJames
19-06-11, 10:07 PM
i finally got myself a rover coupe 1.8vvc
only picked it up today and all of the checks i have carried out on the car have checked out fine.no issues to worry about.
according to the receipts that i have got it the head has been gas flowed and ported.i just hope when they done the head work they put on a uprated head gasket.this was all done in 2002 at a cost of ?1000 so i am guessing that they probably did but i will not know unless i decide to take the engine apart to find out but i am going to see how it goes first.

anyway here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260799069622&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i will get some better photos when the car is taxed

enjoy

Isn't the Klinger HG an uprated one? I thought it was?

Ritchy
19-06-11, 10:31 PM
looks smart, some 17 straights would look great on it, the uprated gasket never came out till 2005 though:/

lawrence-zs180
19-06-11, 11:16 PM
That looks real nice, dam good find

talkingcars
20-06-11, 05:24 AM
Isn't the Klinger HG an uprated one? I thought it was?

For the T16.