PDA

View Full Version : Side Vent for 180

KirkJames
26-06-11, 08:18 AM
As title, I am thinking about colour coding a side vent from a tf or maybe the range rover and sticking it in the front near side wing to give maximum air flow to that area.
Now, am I going to hit problems with aerodynamics here and completely eradicate any gains that may arise or do you think it could work??
I am thinking of either keeping the oe setup as it has quite a large trumpet end anyway then feed that up to an enclosed induction kit or just run an open cone into the wing, hence the reason for the extra air flow with a vent??

Any suggestions/info?? :)

peterzs
26-06-11, 08:39 AM
Have a look at this old thread and post 21, dont know if thats what you have got in mind, but works well by the look of it.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17328&highlight=VENT&page=3

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

KirkJames
26-06-11, 08:55 AM
Yeah have seen that one and that's the general idea kind of, was thinking more along the lines of in the actual wing colour coded and smoothed in so it looks like it's meant to be there.

peterzs
26-06-11, 09:02 AM
Pity the side vents are only for show, but I suppose they would be too far back to feed the cold air in.

Should let the hot air out, would be more useful.

Sound like a lot of tin bashing to get a front vent smoothed in.

I know Stamford uses one of the spot lights openings as his cold air intake.

:smile1::smile1:

KirkJames
26-06-11, 09:52 AM
Yeah have been thinking of that to, not sure if I want to take the fog out tho. Maybe fit a trumpet in the space next to the fog if there's enough space behind

KirkJames
26-06-11, 09:56 AM
Pity the side vents are only for show, but I suppose they would be too far back to feed the cold air in.

Should let the hot air out, would be more useful.

Sound like a lot of tin bashing to get a front vent smoothed in.

I know Stamford uses one of the spot lights openings as his cold air intake.

:smile1::smile1:
I would get a real vent (not too big) and put it just behind the indicator where the cone would be :)

ramdonice
26-06-11, 10:43 AM
you really need an air vent in and an air vent out so the air flows thru the wing

KirkJames
26-06-11, 11:50 AM
you really need an air vent in and an air vent out so the air flows thru the wing

Ah I see, that does make sense sounds a bit like too much cutting and bodging just for a tiny bit of extra air.
May just route a cone to the inner wing then, bish, bash, bosh.........job done! :wolverine:

ramdonice
26-06-11, 12:27 PM
May just route a cone to the inner wing then, bish, bash, bosh.........job done! :wolverine:

thats all i done