PDA

View Full Version : Air Intake!

KirkJames
26-06-11, 12:18 PM
Was cleaning my engine bay and found that the pipe that runs from the top of the air filter housing directly into the throttle body and breather wasn't even put on properly (at the air filter end) and must of been sucking in some un-filtered air in to the TB. I only noticed when cleaning the underside of it. I have since taken the pipe off, cleaned it as it had a bit of oil around the lip (Is this Normal through oil vapour?) I have dried it thoroughly and stuck it back on properly and it seems to be a little more responsive and seems to pull for longer, although this may just be a placebo affect.

I am a bit worried tho in case it has sucked in any crap and may ruin something. Will be going for an oil change now as soon as I can get it in/DIY. Am I right to be worried or will it be ok? It feels ok to me but I am no expert!!
Any help appreciated. :ohmy:

ramdonice
26-06-11, 12:29 PM
its perfectly normal to have oil there

if it had sucked any crap in there you would have known by now ;)

KirkJames
26-06-11, 12:33 PM
Ah cheers mate! That's good then. Hopefully will have a cone in there soon anyways!

talkingcars
26-06-11, 09:14 PM
Ah cheers mate! That's good then. Hopefully will have a cone in there soon anyways!

Dont fit a cone in the engine bay, it'll suck hot air.

KirkJames
27-06-11, 08:25 PM
Dont fit a cone in the engine bay, it'll suck hot air.

I'm not going to put the cone in there I will put it in the inner wing with the least amount of bends as possible to the TB ;)