PDA

View Full Version : And so ends my time in a zed...

lawrence-zs180
27-06-11, 08:37 AM
..... for now.
Last night I sold my zed to talking cars nephew and he should be collecting it on Thursday, I'm sad to see her go but what with the T4 camper conversion and getting a motorbike and Em's punto there just isn't the room on the drive at our new little house.
I am gonna stay around because this is a good place not only for advise but banter and a laugh, I will be back in a zed when we move in a year or so (the missis is talking children and she always gets what she wants haha) but I have a feeling it will be a MK2 120 but with the 180 kit.. fuel and insurance etc.
I'm hoping Steve will join the forum... I did badger him to haha.
I have a few bits that will be up for sale like my spare inlet manifold that will go to you guys first before ebay.
cheers guys.

peterzs
27-06-11, 09:16 AM
One thing I've learned in life, keep the missis happy!!!

Look forward to seeing a gleaming T4 sometime, pity about the Zed going, but needs must.

:-D:-D:-D

fastmike
27-06-11, 09:52 AM
Good Luck for the future Lawrence..... BUT.... I know you,l be back .....The howl of a KV6 will drag you back matey:beer:

peterzs
27-06-11, 10:18 AM
Or the clatter of a derv, is tempting!!!!

:-D:-D:-D

MG 53 ZED
27-06-11, 10:53 AM
:-D All the best for the future Lawrence, shame about having to loose the Zed, mk2 120 with the 180 kit sounds tasty, good luck in getting one of them sooner rather than later. Like Peter said always a Derv you get a good balance that way.

lawrence-zs180
27-06-11, 10:53 AM
haha a derv is nice but if I could it would deff be the V6 but we will have to see.

Dan1971
27-06-11, 11:30 AM
All the best mate ... Stick around though and look forward to some camper pics. Smokey might sell you a decent Rio Red one in 12-18 months ....

ZS
27-06-11, 12:36 PM
Tis a shame Lawrence, its one of the reasons I picked up the 620, reduce petrol costs! Sometimes needs must...

I have a few bits that will be up for sale like my spare inlet manifold that will go to you guys first before ebay..

How much you want for the inlet manifold? and is it in good condition? (I.E. no rattles etc)

Thanks
Sam

lawrence-zs180
27-06-11, 01:26 PM
Its spot on Sam... came out of a rear ended zt no rattles or damage I brought it when I was having the issues with the dealer not wanting to pay out for the damage they did to the original one but the tsa got involved and a new one was fitted, pm me a offer mate.
Stick around though and look forward to some camper pics
Will do.. its a sexy shade of pink at the min because its not had a polish since it left the factory haha

Jay-ZS+
27-06-11, 01:36 PM
Know the feeling, thats why ive bought the bike.

You will be back in a 180 as im sure I will once mines gone.

lawrence-zs180
27-06-11, 02:14 PM
yea true haha... what bike have you got again Jay?

Jay-ZS+
27-06-11, 03:18 PM
yea true haha... what bike have you got again Jay?

Little VFR 400. Hoping to get it all up together and on the road by the end of July!

lawrence-zs180
27-06-11, 03:37 PM
just seen you have updated you thread... very nice bike, got taken on the back of a zx12r the other day.. 2 words holy ****!!

Jay-ZS+
27-06-11, 03:39 PM
Should be nice when its done but its got a while to go yet!

Dont think Id have the bottle to get on the back of one of them. Hate being on the back!

lawrence-zs180
27-06-11, 03:50 PM
my mate tapped my leg and we hit warp 9.9.... I was not impressed, without sounding like a tart it was just to full on to be a 2 up bike I think even on your own its gotta be a hand full without nearly 15 stone on the rear, break neck acceleration and a really clunky gear change do not make it easy to hold on at all.

talkingcars
27-06-11, 06:24 PM
Don't worry Lawrence, with me as his uncle and god father, his step uncle as mentor and his grandfather loaning him the money Steve has no option but to look after the car.

He did previously look at a ZR but the insurance was silly while he lived in Manchester but now he has moved south he can afford a decent car, it's nice that he has got a ZS over a civic like his step uncle or a mondao like his dad, 2 grand fathers, step grand father, other step uncle......

lawrence-zs180
27-06-11, 06:45 PM
haha yea he also got a bit from me about no deep puddles and letting it warm up a bit before giving it some. I'm glad its going to a good home... would break my heart to see it on that breakers auction site or ebay as a spares or repair in a few months time.
That civic does look nice though... weird colour though.

Maxfly
27-06-11, 09:09 PM
pity she has gone bud, but least sounds like it has went tae a guid hame:) you cannot escape the v6 it will drage you back into its lair and do unspeakable things to ya till you buy it lol:D

big_wasa
27-06-11, 09:14 PM
Shame but I can understand with the price of juice....

daytona365
27-06-11, 09:50 PM
A ZS180 is like those immortal word from Darth Vader in Star Wars................Ah OBIE ONE we meet again.....................you and a 180 will meet again.............

stamford
28-06-11, 07:12 AM
At least it is moving onto someone you sort of know. That's life, as for keeping the missus happy..................urmmm I'm not so sure, the older you get you tend to think why bother!

Mr ZS180
28-06-11, 01:39 PM
Shame to see you not in a ZS Lawrence.

Still gonna visit your pub sometime, even if it is a massive trek for me!!

as for keeping the missus happy..................urmmm I'm not so sure, the older you get you tend to think why bother!

The older you get?.....

I'm not even 30 yet and I think that already ;)

stevo90
29-06-11, 10:57 AM
hey all, i am the new owner of Lawrence's car, shall be picking it up tomorrow. look forward to being part of the community and hopefully getting to a few meets.

lawrence-zs180
29-06-11, 11:03 AM
Hey steve glad you joined, good bunch... even if they do take the **** at times haha

stevo90
29-06-11, 11:20 AM
cant be any worse than the saxo forums :-P, going to run and hide now for saying I had a French car. but yea, we are aiming to get down to you for about half 6- 7 o'clock if thats alright with you.

talkingcars
29-06-11, 07:24 PM
hey all, i am the new owner of Lawrence's car, shall be picking it up tomorrow. look forward to being part of the community and hopefully getting to a few meets.

Hi Stev0, ya not working on the 24th are you?

Smokey
29-06-11, 07:47 PM
Welcome along stevo. Remember to get a new thread up when you get the car 

stevo90
29-06-11, 09:55 PM
As in 24th next month. I dunno yet. Is there a meet on or something ?? If so I'm sure i could take the day off

lawrence-zs180
29-06-11, 09:57 PM
Yea that's cool with me dude

stevo90
29-06-11, 10:13 PM
Alright. Cheers mate. I'll give you a call or something when were setting off anyway.

talkingcars
30-06-11, 07:37 PM
As in 24th next month. I dunno yet. Is there a meet on or something ?? If so I'm sure i could take the day off

ZedTen - big show at Duxford (Cambridge) to mark 10 years of MG Zeds :)

stevo90
01-07-11, 09:14 PM
i shall be there, just cleaned the zs anyways. looks even better clean :thumbsup: