PDA

View Full Version : MG6 at the Goodwood MMS

Captain Peanut
01-07-11, 12:38 PM
I went along to the Goodwood Moving Motor Show yesterday and got to take the MG6 GT up the hill. A big thanks to the guys on the MG stand that managed to sort that out for me.

It was a great experience and I was impressed by how composed the car was under cornering as it is nowhere near as hardcore as my MG ZS. On the start line I was told I could go as fast as I wanted on the proviso that we got to the end of the test in one piece. Needless to say I drove it as hard as I could get away with and, although not being the fastest car in the world, it made good progress (shame the same couldn't be said for the Volvo that ended up in the hay bales on Molecombe corner!!).

I was impressed by the build quality and, despite having been the press car at MG Live, there were no squeaks or rattles and everything, including the reversing camera, worked as expected. I don't think its a car that will cause Audi or BMW any sleep but it was, in my opinion, on a par with a Focus or Astra. I think that the car will let MG build a decent market share, especially seeing as the top spec GT TSE that I drove only costs ?19k. Speaking to the guy on the test drive it sounds like MG are also working on a 2.0l turbo unit with 200+ bhp so I would imagine a more hardcore version would be on the cards in the next couple of years (MG6-R maybe?).

I'm not sure if my other half managed to get any pics but if she did I'll post them up.

stamford
01-07-11, 12:41 PM
Lucky you! I was hoping to attend today but the cost to get in is stupid. I remember when it was around ?8 a ticket! It is beyond the reach of most folk for a day out as the costs to get in and even eat are so high.

Captain Peanut
01-07-11, 01:15 PM
Agreed. If it wasn't for freebie tickets I wouldn't have gone at all this year. Looked at going along to the Revival but at ?54 a ticket that idea died very quickly!