PDA

View Full Version : Carbon dilemma

weagie
02-07-11, 09:50 AM
I've made a descision and its to get my finger out and actually do something with the zed. In other words do the jobs, big and small, that are needing done.
So far the list goes,
1) fix exhaust as it now sounds like a sick tractor
2) fix all door handles, got the spares but wrong colour
3) paint handles to match, carbon wrap?
4) upgrade to 160 injectors, airbox and manifold
5) upgrade brakes
6) Fit front splitter, carbon?
7) new sterio as my lidle number likes to change volume itself
8) fix wheels and get shot of halfords set
9) sort body work as its chipped scratched and dented
10) Pass out at the thought of costs to do this.
My dilemma is that i like carbon fibre as i have it surrounding the gear stick and used it for my ZS badges on the back but i would like to use more without going overboard with it so my origonal idea of a full wrap aint happening lol. Yet. Any one got any thoughts or ideas on any of this? Oh yeah and i willbe fitting my new 4-2-1 exhaust manifold too, i've only had it for nearly two years all heat wrapped and begging to go on.

peterzs
02-07-11, 10:07 AM
Think Jay on here has some carbon wrap, he is selling.

Sounds like a good time to fit the 4-2-1 and sort the exhaust.

Handles next, and splitter if you carbon wrap the handles.

Brakes next, then the engine up grades.

Rest as and when.

:wave:

weagie
02-07-11, 10:13 AM
I've ordered a decat and downpipe section as my flexi has popped so once thats on the whole system is stainless and with the 4-2-1 fitted it should sound the muts nuts! I wrapped it and have just applied hi-temp paint to seal it and hopefully protect it from our superior road dirt.
Yeah i like the sound of wrapping the handles, will speak to Jay and find out how to do it and see what hes selling.

Jay-ZS+
02-07-11, 10:36 AM
Think Jay on here has some carbon wrap, he is selling.

Indeed I do Pete :)
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17294

Its pretty easy to apply to, fairly flexible and got abit of stretch to it to fit curves easier. Not sure how easy handles would be to do though!

weagie
02-07-11, 10:43 AM
I reckon if I take the handle apart it shouldn't be to difficult. Is it self adhesive and whats the best way to cut it?

Jay-ZS+
02-07-11, 10:49 AM
Yer peel of the backing, I cut it with scissors or a stanley blade would prob be just as good.

weagie
06-07-11, 03:18 PM
Thanks to jay i now have a roll of sticky carbon sheet so i can now get on with the handles! Pics to follow hopefully.
Big thanks to Jay-ZS for quick postage, top bloke!

Jay-ZS+
06-07-11, 03:48 PM
Thanks to jay i now have a roll of sticky carbon sheet so i can now get on with the handles! Pics to follow hopefully.
Big thanks to Jay-ZS for quick postage, top bloke!

No worries bud look forward to seeing the pics. :thumbsup: