PDA

View Full Version : Mark 1 saloon 180

starfire039
02-07-11, 12:09 PM
Well my 180 has to go, unfortunately since I've owned it has become apparent it needs work doing to it. It needs:

- front CV boot, it's split
- rear brakes looking at- noise from 5-15 mph, could be sticky caliper
- service, I have the oil and oil filter
- couple of tyres
- balance motor

I just can't afford it, and I've just lost patience with it. I never really had any frustrations with my 120- just a lot of happy miles. I just want to go back to it, save money on insurance and tax and fuel, and be done with it.

180 is yours for ?350. Could be a bargain. I've been totally honest with what's wrong with it.

FSH, belts done, 138k miles, 11 months MOT. Apart from those issues it does seem strong, but as said, I have to get rid of one of my cars, and at the moment money only permits the 120.

Nats Whiskas
02-07-11, 12:37 PM
Pm'd :d

Jay-ZS+
02-07-11, 06:32 PM
Man up and fix it! Only small issues. :construction:

big_wasa
02-07-11, 06:41 PM
Those are tennie tiny jobs and part of owning and driving an 8 year old car.

Just wish I was local as your giving it away.

ramdonice
02-07-11, 06:49 PM
Wished I had the spare cash

Keep it mate not anything wrong it really, won't cost a lot to get 100%

leezs110
03-07-11, 11:12 AM
seems a shame to give up dude! :wacko:

why not get a reputible garage to fix it should`nt cost much to sort out those small niggles! ;)

lawrence-zs180
03-07-11, 12:53 PM
come on dude try and beg your rents to let you keep it there for a few weeks and I can come over on and wed or thurs after I have moved in nxt week and spend a day with you sorting all the bits out, there not massive bits to do and will prob cost max ?50 in parts. Some of the bits like the hub nut etc I have so you dont have to get that but you would need to get the cv boot, and sliders and gaters which are easy to get hold of.
You have my number give me a txt dude... just seems a shame thats all.

Bobdope2002
03-07-11, 01:05 PM
Well my 180 has to go, unfortunately since I've owned it has become apparent it needs work doing to it. It needs:

- front CV boot, it's split
- rear brakes looking at- noise from 5-15 mph, could be sticky caliper
- service, I have the oil and oil filter
- couple of tyres
- balance motor

I just can't afford it, and I've just lost patience with it. I never really had any frustrations with my 120- just a lot of happy miles. I just want to go back to it, save money on insurance and tax and fuel, and be done with it.

180 is yours for ?350. Could be a bargain. I've been totally honest with what's wrong with it.

FSH, belts done, 138k miles, 11 months MOT. Apart from those issues it does seem strong, but as said, I have to get rid of one of my cars, and at the moment money only permits the 120.

Not Cheap to own are they......

I recon you shud take laurence up on his help... do it up and sell it then get more cash for it......

you may even begin to like it again ;)

leezs110
03-07-11, 01:09 PM
as above dude, really decent offer there of help from a fellow member! :)

starfire039
03-07-11, 01:40 PM
don't think I can really turn that down from lawrence, really decent chap who's already helped me out before! text on it's way...

daytona365
03-07-11, 02:15 PM
180's are for life ..............................................You cant get them out of your blood. Cant see why people buy them thn say they cant afford them:rip::rip:

lawrence-zs180
03-07-11, 03:57 PM
cheers for the txt... we'll have her back in tip top order before you know it.

Phate
03-07-11, 04:37 PM
?350? :o

If it goes back up for sale let me know!

Also full specs please.

Nats Whiskas
03-07-11, 04:45 PM
Lol You'll have to get past me first phate :) Been bombarding him with emails haha!!

Phate
03-07-11, 04:47 PM
Lol You'll have to get past me first phate :) Been bombarding him with emails haha!!

Haha bidding wars are always possible you know ;)

Plus didn't you have a 180 before for a few minutes then couldn't insure it? (not taking the michael just wondering!)

lawrence-zs180
03-07-11, 04:55 PM
haha easy guys,.. lets she if we cant get things sorted first, you never know he might still sell it once its sorted... after all he is being greedy having 2 zeds hahahaha.

Nats Whiskas
03-07-11, 04:57 PM
Yeah that was me, no offence taken haha just slightly embarrassing, didnt think to do a quote previously >< Not making that mistake again!!!, ive got the insurance issue all sorted now though and if its a bidding war you want........ then you'll win :( haha!!!

Phate
03-07-11, 04:58 PM
Hehe I hope he does Lawrence, but at the same time even if I'm in no position to own one this would be stupid not to buy it for that price. Spec dependant.

lawrence-zs180
03-07-11, 05:05 PM
I know what you mean mate If i had the space I would have snapped it up... and got soooooo much stick for it to haha

stamford
04-07-11, 07:32 AM
Steve, wtf are you doing! That is nothing and what do you expect for such a car of its age with those miles? Why did you not speak to me first you daft tw@t!

starfire039
04-07-11, 04:47 PM
Rash decision made when I pissed off..... a daft tw@t I am. New CV joint comes tomorrow!

stamford
05-07-11, 07:19 AM
Good, just take a breath, stand back and weight things up. It never looks so bad when you assess it and plan what needs to be done ;) We've all been there before :yes:

lawrence-zs180
05-07-11, 08:58 AM
I'm going over to help him with it a week tomoz Mick... gonna creep up on her when she aint looking haha

starfire039
25-07-11, 04:31 PM
don't know what to do lads, new balance motor gave some power back but it's gone again, I got a new butterfly to stop the motor burning out, I'm just not feeling this.....

stamford
25-07-11, 07:30 PM
Needs some time and tlc to sort Steve, don't get too dispondant.

starfire039
30-07-11, 08:24 AM
I know Mick but I've just fallen out of love with the car, the balance motor I just got has gone now, so back to it being about as fast as my 120, I got a new butterfly that was silky smooth before I put the new balance motor in as the old one was a bit stiff so I think that caused it to go, so I just don't know what to do with it now, I've had it for 2 months and only have it for 1 month until it goes back to only being used at uni holidays/after uni, so will get very little use until next June. Classic case of bad luck!